Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

11 minutes ago, iv-tecman said:

Is this set a limited production run? I'm around £200 short right now for launch , I take it I'll have a few more months to save up, this set is fairly expensive, so I'm going to have to save up my lego budget to get this one.... How long will the set be on sale for , does anyone know?

Knowing my luck I'll get saved up, and then can't find one in stock.

All sets are limited production runs. :grin:

As far as how many units and for how long, probably only Lego knows (or maybe even they dont yet and will wait on how the set will actually perfom before they decide)

Just now, BigEl said:

All sets are limited production runs. :grin:

As far as how many units and for how long, probably only Lego knows (or maybe even they dont yet and will wait on how the set will actually perfom before they decide)

True, I meant is this more limited then most UCS, well, I'll just see if I can get one before they go out of stock, £650 is a lot of money, but this set is like OMG WOW I must have it, sadly I can't not pay the bills lol

21 hours ago, koalayummies said:

All of your notions about being part of history pertain to consumer purchases of material possessions, the other member is right, that being part of history is something a bit more... intangible. So being part of history can be anything from "I served in the Second World War" to "I purchased a Ferrari (or Lego set)". 

"Too many of us now tend to worship self-indulgence and consumption. Human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns" - Said some old guy who never owned a Ferrari. 

*sigh*

Not meant to defend myself, but just as a little insight about the person such attempts to display moral superiority are geared towards:   -  I currently serve in the Military and have done so for many years.  For what nation or branch of service is not important, only that as I counsel and work with other serving members and their families  I relive those wars (referred to in others’ comments) every single day.  I just got back from a trip assessing the damage done by Hurricane Harvey and helping re-build a family's home and will also spend the next months and possibly even years re-living through the voices and tears of others their experiences of living through that trauma and loss. 

Com’on guys and gals.  This is a LEGO forum.  All comments should be interpreted with this in mind.  The inability for some readers to distinguish between world or human history between that of the history of Lego or Lego Collecting is astounding.   I made no reference in my comments dealing with the History of Lego collecting as they pertain to history of the world, humanity, etc..  This sounds ridiculous as I even voice it.  *huh* A good example of what my comments were directed at might be:

I am largely a Technic builder.  Most of my sets are Technic.  In the Technic world, especially as we approach the 40th year anniversary of Technic, we think of 8860 as being a “classic” model/set.  Certainly part of the “history” as it pertains to Technic building/collecting.  UCS MF is a perfect corollary in the SW UCS line. In fact, most would define it as the defining or most iconic set as applied to the SW UCS line.   THIS…. Is the context in which my comments were meant to be interpreted. 

This comment, as others, as an attempt to take the moral high-ground on a forum about discussing toys can very easily be taken as nothing more than a reflection of a need to feel superior to others.   I am not a moderator, so I will not speak like one, just personal observations from an engaged forum member.  Please don't use the forum to go off on tangents.  It is not used to display religious, political, or moral beliefs.  It is used to discuss lego and lego-themed topics only.  And material read should also be interpreted with this in mind.  If an OP posts something as it relates to Lego, it is not designed to be interpreted with religious, moral, or political overtones.  It is not meant to go on soapboxes and discourses about the relative world significance of plastic bricks versus World Wars  :sceptic:

So… with this in mind…. Lets keep it Lego people !

I really want one of these, but don't think I'll have the money on VIP day. Plus, If I wait until the official release in October I'll get double VIP points and it looks like some cool promo items might be coming out. 

Just now, turk187 said:

I really want one of these, but don't think I'll have the money on VIP day. Plus, If I wait until the official release in October I'll get double VIP points and it looks like some cool promo items might be coming out. 

I just spoke to Lego, they won't have them in UK stores release date anyhow - not sure about anywhere else. For now, online only then hopefully they will be in stores , might give me time to save up, as like you I don't have the funds for VIP day. 

Edited by iv-tecman

1 hour ago, iv-tecman said:

I just spoke to Lego, they won't have them in UK stores release date anyhow - not sure about anywhere else. For now, online only then hopefully they will be in stores , might give me time to save up, as like you I don't have the funds for VIP day. 

Interesting as this is in direct conflict with information posted by another user that the Leicester Square store was opening at midnight on the 14th and that sets would be available to be signed by the designer. 

All too aware from past experiences that different Lego employees give differing answers to the same question ........Would be interested to know which is correct

Personally I can't believe that having made the release such a "BIG" event with the slow burn of teasers etc. That Lego would choose not to have the set available in bricks and mortar stores :/

22 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Interesting as this is in direct conflict with information posted by another user that the Leicester Square store was opening at midnight on the 14th and that sets would be available to be signed by the designer. 

All too aware from past experiences that different Lego employees give differing answers to the same question ........Would be interested to know which is correct

Personally I can't believe that having made the release such a "BIG" event with the slow burn of teasers etc. That Lego would choose not to have the set available in bricks and mortar stores :/

That's a special event for a flagship store. I predict that each store will get a few for sale, with more coming in each week.

44 minutes ago, eliminator said:

That's a special event for a flagship store. I predict that each store will get a few for sale, with more coming in each week.

I was told the stores in the UK will have display models, but cannot be purchased on the day. Gutted, as I've just sold some more stuff about an hour ago, so might make release day. Never know lol

Darn, I think I just found two more stickers. Look at those two dark red triangles at the top corners of the 1x6 arches on the turret window. Those don't look like bricks to me...

I don't know much, but I do know that, as has been previously stated, the Leicester Square store is having a midnight launch- the designers will be there as well.

The Liverpool store will have stock in the 14th and will receive the same amount of stock for the following week. 

2 hours ago, quark12000 said:

I'm thinking this will be the best selling Lepin set ever.  ;)

If they don't get shut down, yeah. Next to the venator.

Guys, mentioning the rogue plastic brick company is enough to get you sin-binned real quick. This is a Lego forum. It's also slightly annoying that  we are discussing whether Lego stores will have stock of the MF in two different threads; this one and 2017 rumours.

This set is £650 in the U.K. and €799 in Germany. At the moment £650 is €711. The set is nearly £90 cheaper in the U.K. Interesting.

On 9/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, Alternator said:

Sadly I can't justify the huge cost of this set or the display space. If I didn't already own the 10179, then I would probably get this. But $1500 NZD is massive (I can't quite remember but I imported the old one for $1100 landed just after it went out of print).

The one thing that does tempt me to say yolo (or is that yolt? given I've already built a UCS falcon) is that the 10179 was a great build, I spent a month or two after work putting that thing together, and I'm sure this new one will have a great build experience and satisfaction factor too.

So grats to those who didn't manage to grab the original and can afford the hefty price point... now I will wait and hope for a new Star Destroyer :classic:

So I kinda felt the same way and solved it by selling my 10179 for 850 euros last night. An emotional moment and sad in some respects since the 10179 is and will remain a true milestone in LEGO from a historic point of view.

But I am not in it for history. I am in it for the sure fun of building and displaying (showing-off even haha) awesome sets and I also wanted to be part of this and get to build it. I think the new Falcon overall looks better (the canopy excluded) and I look forward to opening that huge box and building for months on the MF (short for Mutha^&*$(# perhaps?). And owning and displaying two of these near identical monsters was not within my cognitive abilities of justification. 

9 hours ago, TheLegGodt said:

So I kinda felt the same way and solved it by selling my 10179 for 850 euros last night. An emotional moment and sad in some respects since the 10179 is and will remain a true milestone in LEGO from a historic point of view.

Had I been fortunate enough to own 10179 I think I would've done the exact same thing. Onward and upward! :)

Not that it really matters now, but the space slug and the mini falcon in the intro of the LEGO designer videos was definitely a teaser for this set. The sets on the shelf in the background are the same sets in the same position in the background of the MF video and it's Hans and Matty (in the same clothes as they are in the MF video) with the mini falcon and slug respectively. No doubt that that was filmed on the same day as the MF video itself. Now, hopefully the interview(s) in the instruction manual can shed some light on the silhouette on the death star box because I'm still convinced that that was just a design choice and not a clue like so many other people believe.

1 hour ago, mattyman said:

Yeah, so the MF was ready since January this year.  

And they managed to keep it under wraps for 9 months. Good on them!

As I own a 10179 I do not feel the justification to purchase this......the interior is nice, if you are going to play with it............Almost all will use this as a display model.

Is its footprint much larger than the 10179 or is it similar in size?

Like others seem to have done, selling my falcon would be the only way to justify this purchase but I just couldn't.............It was a long and emotional bricklink journey putting the old girl together.......

20 minutes ago, Hunter003 said:

As I own a 10179 I do not feel the justification to purchase this......the interior is nice, if you are going to play with it............Almost all will use this as a display model.

Is its footprint much larger than the 10179 or is it similar in size?

Like others seem to have done, selling my falcon would be the only way to justify this purchase but I just couldn't.............It was a long and emotional bricklink journey putting the old girl together.......

Same size as the 10179