Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Oh... Oh my holy shit. 

I really don't have words for how awesome this is other that I'll never be able to afford to buy it. That shit's like a tenth of my semester bill for school.

I think it's fair to say this'll be on shelves for years. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I love it overall and really want it, let me be clear about that before I nitpick.  

The bad: 

Stickers

Lack of minifigures overall.  If its ESB-based, Lando, Luke Bespin, C-3P0 and R2-D2 should be here.  This would've been the perfect set to put an gold chrome C-3P0 in.  For the TFA, again, R2-D2 (yes, I know he's not technically on it in the film, but its implied).  

Could be better:

A little more interior

A better, brick-built solution to the engine bank

I was going to mention price, but the price per piece is actually decent for a Star Wars set.  Hope this is packed somewhat nicely like the Technic Porsche 911.  

8 minutes ago, Dannylonglegs said:

I think it's fair to say this'll be on shelves for years. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

I think the opposite.  IMO, this will sell very well and reach EOL faster than people expect. I get the feeling Lego will not produce large quantities of this set.  This will skyrocket in value because of its awesomeness, and 10179 values will go back up a bit, too.  (This is just my opinion, though).  

Just been told by the non-wife that she'll buy it for me for Christmas!

She says I obviously want one the amount I've been talking about over the past few weeks. I think it looks so much better than the old UCS with far better detailing on the exterior and love the trick with the stickers for the corridors. 

God knows where in the house it will go.

... One happy AFOL

I'll be looking to buy it.. I'm in a pretty flexible place in terms of what "wants" I can spend money on, on top of my "needs", but the frustrating thing is I can't see me being able to assemble it in the forseable future.

We live in a company farm house for work, which is good for saving money, but it's not so good on the display space. It's not particularly good on the storage space either for that matter. I also want to be sure that when I do build it, it can be kept covered from the dust. Just looking at my UCS pieces up close the other day, the Slave 1 in particular is due a bit of a clean.

But, to tide me over, on the plus side I picked up the Snowspeeder on special today.. almost 100 off.. :)

6 hours ago, marshal-banana said:

I did a quick comparison between the falcons, I love the new parts and building techniques – in most parts a huge improvement!

This isn't the only new Falcon being released this quarter.  Bandai is releasing their 1/72 Perfect Grade Falcon.  You should do a comparison of them all when that comes out!

oh. my. god. its amazing and its actually a pretty good price (but not in australia, 1300 dollars jesus) i have a solid chance of getting one by next year

Not posted in a while on here, but you would have to be insane to pay the price that they are asking for this. Granted it's nice but, no, it's not worth that.

This is a day one purchase for me. The challenge will be displaying my BL'd MF and this new one side by side. I have some ideas though. :)

Speaking of bricklinked MIllennium Falcons, am I the only one looking forward to buying the masts for a reasonable price via Bricks and Pieces? :)

Edited by Daphatty

Dammit, I don't want to be sucked back in to Lego Star Wars, but... I have to say that I'm tempted. While I am disappointed in the lack of interior space compared to MOC's, I can't imagine finding the time to Bricklink an MOC as an alternative to this. So, I'll probably end up purchasing this for Christmas, and then living out of the set's box when my wife kicks me out for buying an $800 Lego set. 

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with the Falcon VIP card, the ad just says you get it if you buy the Falcon but is that just if you join the VIP program when you buy the Falcon or would you get the card as an "upgrade" to your existing VIP card if you're already a member?

BIGGEST BOX EVER!!:grin::grin::grin:

But alas, for me it'll be borderline pricey and too big for a typical room.
And I'm a little strict about accumulated dust!

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Pretty sure the draw of their largest set having 7541 pieces was never going to be about the minifigs. What they included is absolutely fine. I'm not buying the set for the minifigure, I'm buying the set because it's an awesome looking set. If I was buying it for the minifigures, I'd consider myself to have issues. If this was designed as a full on play set like the death Star, with its humongous number of figs, then sure I could understand the issue with the figs. 

But for this?

I really can't understand the 'underwhelming' factor. No side arm printing? So....? No dual molded legs? So....? The figs still have very decent printing. There are tons of minifigs out there in many cheaper sets. Enjoy those for being about the minifigs, and enjoy this for being finally, purely about the set. 

Well if it would have had 20-30 mini figures and the majority would have been new, I would have bought it, Im just into collecting mini figures as my first priority and if there are more like me, lego are loosing money by not trying to balance both mini figures and the actual set. Concerning the personal issue part, if that is more issues or not I don't know but for anybody to buy a 800 euro cartong full of plastic when almost one billion people in the world are living under a dollar a day, I'm pretty sure all of us AFOLs have issues.

Yeeeesssssssss!!!! At laaaaaassssssssttttttt!!! I am buying it without any question as soon as it's available!! It will be the Masterpiece of my Lego SW collection... For those who think it is too expensive, remember that a new iPhone costs more these days!

Just now, Altair1 said:

Yeeeesssssssss!!!! At laaaaaassssssssttttttt!!! I am buying it without any question as soon as it's available!! It will be the Masterpiece of my Lego SW collection... For those who think it is too expensive, remember that a new iPhone costs more these days!

Well yeah... except an iPhone does way more than a Lego set

You guys are right about the price of plastic toys. First world problems, huh? Maybe it's not too outrageous to buy two of these; one to display and one to keep boxed. $800 isn't really that much and are you really going to miss the money a year from now? Probably not.

£650, Jesus Wept. At least in years to come it should be worth a few £k.

I'd like some clarification over the Unique VIP card though, can I get one as a current member? I have £95 worth of points at the moment and soon to gain a bit more when I buy BB-8 Shortly.

4 hours ago, BimmerBoy said:

This would've been the perfect set to put an gold chrome C-3P0 in.

Best idea ever.

Happy days all around - this is what we have all been waiting for!

Hans is one of my favourite LEGO designers. He did a great job on Slave 1 and his curves have now found their way to the UCS Millennium Falcon. All in all, I think this is one of the best Lego falcons ever - even considering mocs!

The new design looks to have begun it's days as a mod of the 10179 and some parts are still from the 2000s. Hans' curves bring much of the ship into the modern age, but in places the contrast to old parts is stark. This is a beautiful 7541 brick falcon, but there is next to no detail on the underside. Where is the entire front saucer? Where are the landing gear hatches? Where are the bottom engineering bays? Where is all the sweet detailing from the top? Considering how the set will be displayed these points are not as bad as the "bottomless" 10221 SSD though, and I can see why some of these details were omitted - I will just need to add them :)

Looking at the old 10179 from the top, it had one major problem, the entire front half of the saucer looked stunted - it is supposed to look like a half circle, but it is very narrow and boxed looking. On the 75192 the same exact shaped front saucer is used again, which contrast the rest of this beautiful creation even more.

There are many alternatives to this design - even considering the narrower design space allowed by official models. I know Hans has a keen eye for detail, and while his newest creation is the next Mona Lisa (at least when looking at it from the top), this mona Lisa comes with a hint of moustache :)

In the end this is an amazing set and I will get it as soon as I can! At 7500+ bricks and a price tag of 870pounds (7000kr in Denmark) I had just expected less modding (and hair removal) would be necessary ;)

Edited by mortesv

32 minutes ago, mortesv said:

Looking at the old 10179 from the top, it had one major problem, the entire front half of the saucer looked stunted - it is supposed to look like a half circle, but it is very narrow and boxed looking. On the 75192 the same exact shaped front saucer is used again, which contrast the rest of this beautiful creation even more.

I noticed this too, given how much detail has been added and yet this 'stunted dish' is still there i guess it must be a space/design issue?

Also im wondering when the instructions for this will be put online on the lego site, id love to see how this was put together!

my life never gonna be like  before..after saw this thing..have to have it...HAVE TO..

Edited by Spooky