Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Yes its nice

but it underneath it is a 1:1 copy of the old one with the same problems / mistakes...:thumbdown:

I love it and hate it lol

Are they going to sell an update kit ?:tongue:

(because its not more for 200 bucks)

Edited by LoRd AmUnRa

53 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

75192 already being listed on that auction bay place for outrageous prices.  $2499.99 with free shipping.  Sucker born every minute, I guess.

Trying to cultivate a ridiculous price already like the last MF... Disgusting is the right word for it!

1 hour ago, Paul5451 said:

I'd really love to buy the 75192 Falcon, so when I was in one of the local Lego stores in Toronto today, I asked the manager what the Canadian price would be. He was curious too, so he looked it up for me.

It's $899 Canadian. With tax in Ontario, it's $1016. That's a bit out of my price range; maybe 75192 will be discounted later on. I'm happy with the 75105 for now.

This must be Lego's first $1000+ set in Canada. Even the store manager was wondering how many people would buy the set at that price ...

Road trip to Alberta.  They only have 5% GST instead of 13% HST if I recall my tax tables.   It might be fun to include BrickCAN AFOL convention into the cross country drive.  We need a hyperdrive...

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Quick question, is the 14th VIP date the same for the UK? I only ask because the last time I was ready to queue in the early hours for a VIP release was for the Helicarrier, and was frustratingly dissapointed when i found out we got it two days later than most other places...

No reason to believe it will be any different but might be worth giving them a call a few days before to double check, my nearest store is a good 2 hour drive away so will be ordering online.

Edited by Andyperkins

Seriously, what percentage of people are going to display this thing's UNDERBELLY? I think complaining about the bottom is more than unreasonable for what this is honestly. Like I get it if you want more interior or more play features (lol) or something. But this model is not going to be displayed from below for more than freakin' 12 people in the whole world. ;p

Any idea when Lego would post the instruction manual online?  I'm not going to get this for a while (ever?), but would like to study the building techniques used for it.

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well of course they can, they can make money and now they just lost mine by not including any molded creatures or new mini figures, of course people who cannot afford will complain, but people who cannot afford will always complain if they want it. However if you can afford but don't want it for certain reasons of quality, that loss is worse

Pretty sure the draw of their largest set having 7541 pieces was never going to be about the minifigs. What they included is absolutely fine. I'm not buying the set for the minifigure, I'm buying the set because it's an awesome looking set. If I was buying it for the minifigures, I'd consider myself to have issues. If this was designed as a full on play set like the death Star, with its humongous number of figs, then sure I could understand the issue with the figs. 

But for this?

I really can't understand the 'underwhelming' factor. No side arm printing? So....? No dual molded legs? So....? The figs still have very decent printing. There are tons of minifigs out there in many cheaper sets. Enjoy those for being about the minifigs, and enjoy this for being finally, purely about the set. 

I missed out on 10179, and boy, I am sure glad I did!!  The exterior--marvelous!!  An interior?!?!?!--unexpected!!  When I first saw the pictures, I broke my jaw when it hit the floor!!  So many details--two view ports for the upper and lower quad cannons, the new cockpit piece, the color scheme, greebles upon greebles...the list goes on and on!!

I was going to get this set as soon as the rumors started.  When the rumored price was dropped several months ago ($799 USD), I started saving.  I am close to making this a day one purchase, if not, I will own one before the end of the year, if stocking this set is not an issue.

I would buy this set without the minifigures.  I was guessing that a Lando and a battle damaged Luke would be included in addition to what is included, but I am definitely okay with the minifig lineup as is.  I am not into the Episode VII sets, but old Han, Rey, Finn, and BB-8 are more than welcome to join my collection.

For those wanting Episode IV minifigs included, I am sure most of us can populate the Falcon with these minifigs from other sets.  At least that is what I plan on doing.

I will be at my Lego store tomorrow morning to hopefully see this set in person.  I am curious about how the interior of the cockpit turned out.

VIP cards are lame. You don't even need them. I use my account across countries by giving them my name and the account's location (USA). 

I want old LUke minifigure :P. 

The greebling on top looks really good. You can tell there is a lot of effort been put into. The interiors are pretty nicely made too. I miss though a coherent overview of the complete interior, but I assume the rooms are all interconnected. The forced perspective panels are not great though. It would look better without them. And the underside of the ship is way too clean. Why should it look less ramshackle there? Does space debris and TIE fighter blasters only hit the top side? :wink: At least it has studs there.

The price... ah well. When it goes into the mid- and high three digit regions it stops getting quite silly. Even more so if you take the meagre Minifig line-up into account. And a concluding thought: The MF being an iconic ship aside - if you invest that money into some regular sets, or even bricklink you can build a whole city layout instead.

Edited by Littleworlds
Had to get some Mynocks off my ship!

Yikes. That's all I have to say. :laugh: Everything. the set design, the piece count, the price. Just yikes.

I'd buy this thing just for the box, it looks fantastic :wink: 

This won't be a day 1 purchase for me due to lack of sheckles at the moment, which is perfectly fine as it'll give me time to learn how to use Photoshop to alter the receipt before I show my wife, haha! :grin:

1 hour ago, marshal-banana said:

I did a quick comparison between the falcons, I love the new parts and building techniques – in most parts a huge improvement!

I was so much expecting a version as nice as yours...congratulations again because to me you beat LEGO big time with your version! Still, I will buy two or three of them just for the porgs. We got a nice price for this one in Canada (900CAN$ or 558 pounds or 607 euros)! you guys should come and buy it in Canada...

Just now, legocharles said:

We got a nice price for this one in Canada (900CAN$ or 558 pounds or 607 euros)! you guys should come and buy it in Canada...

That's a great price. We got kicked in the guts in Australia. Here it'll be AU$1300, which is CAN$1290 or US$1040.

I wonder if we will see some sort of set top this one's piece count next year, much like 2008's Taj Mahal did a year after the previous UCS Millennium Falcon was released. But trying to top 7500+ pieces... *huh*

I don't know, but for me, it seems silly for the Star Wars theme to again regain the distinction of hosting TLG's largest set yet. But then again, there is probably no other theme that has a customer base that would be willing to pay that much for a set. :sceptic:

2 hours ago, marshal-banana said:

I did a quick comparison between the falcons, I love the new parts and building techniques – in most parts a huge improvement!

When I first saw your Falcon MOC, I knew it was basically unreachable. You truly made the ultimate version, and its sad to see how Legos new iteration of the ship, even though it has the same amount of pieces as yours, still falls flat by a countrymile (especially the underside and the blue engine exhaust area).

Yes, 75192 has an interior, but noone is ever going to buy it for that and it seems even smaller than the interior of the system scale version... They should have focused solely on the display-value and therefore on the exterior only. OR even better, just take your design and commercialize it ^^

I will probably still get Legos new Version because there is no alternative and yours is not sale :D

$1,300 AUD in Australia - equivalent to $1,287 CAD or $1,033 USD. Price Gouging - disappointing but I still want it. I don't know how they justify the ~25% markup

Edited by cyrax83