Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Just now, DrasticPlastic said:

UK price nearly £90 less than EU, score one for us!

Thats right, rub it in.... :sadnew:

Really glad that I am happy enough with the "cheap" $150 TFA version of the Falcon.  Nice looking build, but not something I have to own.  Vacations on the other hand, now those are necessary, so the $800 will be saved for those.  

Interior is neat but too small.  Thought they would reconfigure structure slightly to accommodate. 

Exterior looks great lot of added details from original.  Too many stickers.

Minor aside the ramp cylinders are built wrong in the pictures. LOL

Steve

I sense a disturbance in the Brinklink - just wait a bit more, you will, maybe able to get a 10179 for a respectable price now.

Just now, JGW3000 said:

I sense a disturbance in the Brinklink - just wait a bit more, you will, maybe able to get a 10179 for a respectable price now.

Who wants that piece of junk - we want this new one!

So there is some kind of interior! They even have stickers of the corridor as a forced perspective technique!

oh my god... gotta have one ... it looks like the under side of the ship is not as detailed. so they still left some room for improvement :sweet: ah yes ... those legs... need to change those too... yeah... that's right, in my mind, this babe is already mine!:wub: 

20 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

I picked one up for 1k 2 weeks ago. Probably still overpaid but not as much as others. It has an excellent box and unused stickers and a perfect book.

I'm really pleased with the UK pricing, especially considering the current exchange rates (plus the price-hikes across the SW range earlier this year).  £650 is around the cost of a decent Bricklinked 10179 so, in that context, a 7500 part set with a shiny box etc seems like a great deal!  I'm not sold on the cockpit, and the 'weathered' brown/green tiling is a little overdone, but they're very minor niggles.  The minifigure selection also looks a little odd, and those penguin-things look decidedly out of place, but perhaps they'll make a bit more sense in a few months....:look:

This is a truly exceptional set and I'm delighted that it's received such a positive reaction from the AFOL community.

My wife said she would buy this for my 50th birthday,  she may change her mind at the price :cry_sad:, but I wants it, my precious. 

Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!

So there's an useless Hyperdrive Compressor in the cockpit waiting to be ripped out like in EP7?

19 minutes ago, Servertijd said:

850 euros in The Netherlands...why do they have to put another 50 euros on top of the 800

Tax? Know what sucks?  $800 US is like 715 Euro so if you didn't need to deal with VAT and had a cheap way to ship it, it would have been cheaper to buy one in USA!!!

I didn't expect that much of an interior, very impressive. Looks like it's basically everything I wanted, so it'll be an immediate purchase. Time to scrap my system Falcon (2011 maybe?) and turn it into an Outrider or something.

For the price, the minifigure updates are pretty underwhelming. Leia's leg printing is great, but the white torso seems a little off to me, the Hoth base version seems superior to me. The mask printing for her and Han are good though. None of the other minigures do anything for me, pretty lazy.

The build is awesome, but I don't like the scale of it, I prefer the regular system scale. Granted, I definitely will see if I can get a hold of the new cockpit piece and try to adapt it to my 2012 MF. I'd like to get a hold of the chess table and sticker sheet, so I can build a moc of that interior room.

7 minutes ago, Lego Otaku said:

So there's an useless Hyperdrive Compressor in the cockpit waiting to be ripped out like in EP7?

Tax? Know what sucks?  $800 US is like 715 Euro so if you didn't need to deal with VAT and had a cheap way to ship it, it would have been cheaper to buy one in USA!!!

Yes...I already sorted that out :laugh:

That euro price is so unfair!

But the set itself is a beauty! It will hurt a bit, but I'm really thinking about buying!

Edited by Daniel Jackson

How much will this set be in Ireland?  Only bad thing about this set is a lack of R2-D2, Luke and Obi Wan among the Original Trilogy characters, someone had to say it.

Just now, fire117 said:

How much will this set be in Ireland?  Only bad thing about this set is a lack of R2-D2, Luke and Obi Wan among the Original Trilogy characters, someone had to say it.

This is the ESB version, so Luke, Obi Wan and R2-D2 don't belong in it.

Just now, Vodnik said:

This is the ESB version, so Luke, Obi Wan and R2-D2 don't belong in it.

I would've done the ANH version not ESB personally. So how much will this set cost in Euros in Ireland?

Edited by fire117