On 9/24/2017 at 8:24 AM, Good old Lego builder said:

What a great creation! A real celebration of 40 years of Technic.

Well it could be looked as fact that @jrx made himself present for 40th anniversary :wink:

8 hours ago, jrx said:

:sweet: @I_Igor somehow you're right :laugh:

I'm looking at this from my perspective. I wanted to make Unimog  U423 for 40 years Technic anniversary, but since I'm in Technic from 1979, I have few years for this. My first set was 851 tractor so probably in 2019 I'll make some systems tractor...

p.s. they don't have a leaf spring suspension so at least I could make proper suspension :laugh:

It is so well built! Looks like a real model!

I can't believe how you fit so much into the model

Absolutely brilliant

Thx Matt! To fit all in the Zetros was really hard. Fortunately all worked well in the end :sweet:

Thank you guys for suggesting me for the Technic Hall of Fame and thanks to those who elected me. That's an honor to me!

jrx, I wanted to say that your MOC looks amazing and it is astonishing how you managed to build such a car. The details of the build look fantastic and I want to tell you that you have done a great job building it! All space within the car is filled with devices and mechanism and the creation is marvelous!!! Are you planning to create and publish building instructions for this MOC sometime in the future? I am willing to pay you. This is a great build and it really deserves to be present in the Technic Hall of Fame!

Hi Allexander, thx a lot for your nice words. I won't make instructions for this Zetros as it is really big, really complex and really really expensive. But I just built a new MOC which will look in many aspects familiar (with cool new features) in a cool new color. I presented it just these days at Bricking Bavaria Exhibition in Munich. I'll show it here with photos and video in the next weeks. For this new MOC I plan to make instructions somewhen in the coming weeks (or months). 

@jrx have you info about possible tires for Zetros?

So far I have found out that there are possible 385/65R22.5 for street and 14R20 for off-road.

Thank you for any information

Edited by I_Igor

Thank you very much. :classic:

Tires are more or less the same like on Unimog implement carrier U423-U530. Now I have to find the same document for Unimog Extreme offroader U4023 and U5023

I hadn't seen this model before, its really cool to see a Zetros over here, i like all the details, the performance and the functions are really amazing, BTW, about the tires used, as far as i know, the Zetros can use various tire configurations, the 10.00 V 20 (and possibly 13 R22.5) tires, which might be some of the smallest compatible tires, there are also the standard 14.00 R20, which are used in single-tire axle configuration to give the maximum load capacity per axle (9 tonnes), these 14.00 can also be used in twin configuration for the rear axle(s), typically for big trailer transporting or similar tasks; and there is also the possibility to use 16.00 R20 on all axles and 24 R20.5 in the rear, which are the biggest tires allowed for this truck (officially), of course that tires which are within those dimensions and capacities should also be compatibles.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:46 PM, jrx said:

Hi Allexander, thx a lot for your nice words. I won't make instructions for this Zetros as it is really big, really complex and really really expensive. But I just built a new MOC which will look in many aspects familiar (with cool new features) in a cool new color. I presented it just these days at Bricking Bavaria Exhibition in Munich. I'll show it here with photos and video in the next weeks. For this new MOC I plan to make instructions somewhen in the coming weeks (or months). 

Hi jrx! You are welcome! I am really impressed with the MOC and, of course, I look forward to seeing your new MOC that you have presented already. I am pretty sure that it is as cool as this one if not even cooler and I want to tell you that you definitely have a talent for LEGO and MOCs! Looking forward to see the photos of your new MOC here. 

16 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

... 24 R20.5 in the rear, which are the biggest tires allowed for this truck (officially), of course that tires which are within those dimensions and capacities should also be compatibles.

24R20.5 I did not notice, but I know thtlots of machinery uses 24R21 which are some 1420 in diameter. Thanks for additional info...

14 hours ago, jrx said:

thanks, but I have this document already, but only in German, still I know only about smallest and biggest tire available, but what is the rest?

On 21.11.2017 at 4:11 AM, Allexander said:

Hi jrx! You are welcome! I am really impressed with the MOC and, of course, I look forward to seeing your new MOC that you have presented already. I am pretty sure that it is as cool as this one if not even cooler and I want to tell you that you definitely have a talent for LEGO and MOCs! Looking forward to see the photos of your new MOC here. 

Thx @Allexander, I'll phrase it this way: Most people looked at the the new MOC. My red Zetros always only got the second look :/ I'll promise: I'll hurry up to improve the model, film and photograph it.

On 21.11.2017 at 2:15 PM, I_Igor said:

I have this document already, but only in German, still I know only about smallest and biggest tire available, but what is the rest?

I'll look around in the next days. Maybe you'll ask @Pat-Ard - he's a real Unimog'er and knows much about it.

I have made some research, apparently 395/85 R 20 are also compatible for the truck, as well for 560/60 R 22.5 and 600/55 R 22.5, which are used in agricultural operations or similar tasks, other options include 315/80 R 22.5 and 385/65 R 22.5, which are likely to be used in normal road operations and light off roading, i know about many other tires which should fit nicely even when they are not officially included.

Here is an example of 16.00 R 20 (front) and 24R 20.5 (rear), i must say it looks amazing:

Ct60G9CWYAA5t3_.jpg

BTW @jrx, how well does your model performs with the brick built planetary axles?, i have been designing a similar Zetros axle, but for a scale of 1:12, it could be reduced to your scale too, i haven't fully tested it because of the lack of parts and motors, but i have faith it could work well for this kind of models.

Edited by Imanol BB

51 minutes ago, Imanol BB said:

Here is an example of 16.00 R 20 (front) and 24R 20.5 (rear), i must say it looks amazing

Just stunning! Like a MadMax Mercedes :)

52 minutes ago, Imanol BB said:

how well does your model performs with the brick built planetary axles?

They work very well. Much better than without. For my red Zetros: The planetary gears are only the end of the whole gear reduction. The performance without the structure like cabin and crane is enormous. Have look at my third TrackTest at youtube and the Behind the MOC video for the Zetros. In my new MOC I use four XL motors - one for each wheel. They're powering the wheels through 1:1 knob gears and then 4:1 planetary gears again. The result is convincing: Good speed and much power. Important: For both models I used brand new turntables from TLG as most of my used ones having too much friction.

7 hours ago, jrx said:

Thx @Allexander, I'll phrase it this way: Most people looked at the the new MOC. My red Zetros always only got the second look :/ I'll promise: I'll hurry up to improve the model, film and photograph it.

I'll look around in the next days. Maybe you'll ask @Pat-Ard - he's a real Unimog'er and knows much about it.

I have communication from time to time with Patrik, perhaps I'll find time today to post what I know so far.

Thanks in adwance

7 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

I have made some research, apparently 395/85 R 20 are also compatible for the truck, as well for 560/60 R 22.5 and 600/55 R 22.5, which are used in agricultural operations or similar tasks

A bit offtopic - this tire option is also used on Arocs 2042 AS Agri. It seems that those Mercedes special trucks (Arocs, Unimog, Zetros) have similar tires.

BTW Zetros 2733 with 16r20 and 24r20.5 looks cool :thumbup:

Sorry for a bit off-topic, but it belongs to special trucks theme...so far I know that this tires are available for Unimog Extreme off-roader

U4023
335/80 R20 Conti MPT81 
335/80 R20 Dunlop SPT9 
365/80 R20 Conti MPT81 
365/80 R20 Michelin XZL 
365/85 R20 Michelin XZL 
395/85 R20 Michelin XML 
395/85 R20 Michelin XZL 
405/70 R20 Michelin XM47
405/70 R20 Dunlop SPT9 
445/70 R24 Michelin XM47

U5023
365/85 R20 Michelin XZL 
395/85 R20 Michelin XML 
395/85 R20 Michelin XZL 
445/70 R24 Michelin XM47
455/70 R24 Dunlop SPT9 974
495/70 R24 Michelin XM47

Conti MPT81

mpt_81_3qtr_b_w.jpg

Dunlop SPT9 

40698.jpg?1380306501

Michelin XZL 

5797be66-dff8-4c48-955e-179a0ad26485_400

Michelin XML

56d5ab0d-07c4-4db9-9f8d-233d0ad165da_400

Michelin XM47

michelin-xm47-tire.jpg

...so similar tires can (probably) be used on Zetros...

@Pat-Ard (Patrik), please tell me if I'm missing something...

Edited by I_Igor

Hi @I_Igor, thx for the masses of information :) The last tire (Michelin) in some way is looking very familiar to me ;)

IMG_2762.jpg.5ae5f98ee64d0c03aaa245657a622b2c.jpg