beautiful compliments set ..... it looks true, faithfully reproduced in every part of it ...

Edited by lucio

2 hours ago, lucio said:

beautiful compliments set ..... it looks true, faithfully reproduced in every part of it ...

Thank you @lucio !

13 hours ago, jrx said:

Thx @I_Igor

You're welcome. Zetros development is continuing what is nice, despite it is out of scale for my models.

:wub::wub: How have I missed this post!!?? This is beautifully scaled and looks absolutely stunning. You've captured the look perfectly, and functions are tops too. Congrats!

@I_Igor development is still going on. At the moment I improve the connection between motors and drivetrain. Update follows the next days. Some weeks ago I tried to find some of your MOCs. But as your very active here it was hard to find. Can give me some links to your MOCs?

@Lox Lego Don't know :) But thx a lot!

@jrx my current moc that I work on is this one

https://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/trucks/mercedes-benz/unimog-u423

Since it is also Mercedes special truck I hope that you will like it. It has topic here on eurobricks Unimog U423 Implement carrier 1:17.5...currently waiting for smaller battery box :wink:

You can also see my older mocs on brickshelf

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=iipsa

Edited by I_Igor

Hi @I_Igor thx for link - and yes, I like it! It's an interesting scale you're using for your MOG. It let me think of a Zetros in a similar scale ;)

2 hours ago, jrx said:

Hi @I_Igor thx for link - and yes, I like it! It's an interesting scale you're using for your MOG. It let me think of a Zetros in a similar scale ;)

Thanks. MOG is in scale 1:17.5 like most of trucks in Scale Modeling forum. Other scale for trucks is 1:13... Currently I've made short wheelbase chassis and working on gearbox... I'm still planning to make white Zetros 4 x 4 in scale 1:17.5 with 62.4 tires like one on salt mining (If I remembered correctly). This is the smallest MOG that I can make with proper portal axles...and it fit my tractors. Goal was to make all mocs in same scale and to be manually playable.(power function motors are getting my wife on nerves when I was buildung and playing with Volvo Loader).

It also fits Arocs scale :wink:

Just now, jrx said:

Sounds really good :)

P.S. Same with my wife ;)

Now we are members of the same club :laugh:

Zetros that I plan to make is this:

mercedes_benz_zetros_rabotaet_i_pod-zeml

The only thing (after I finish Unimog) is to use plates to act like a leaf spring. At that scale it could work.

It's a nice one. I think it should work in your scale. Looking forward to your leaf springs.

8 minutes ago, jrx said:

It's a nice one. I think it should work in your scale. Looking forward to your leaf springs.

Thanks. For leaf spring idea you could look on my Brickshelf folder under cars for 67'Mustang and look at rear axle to see the principle

In the mustang it was still very simple. But it's a good idea. I tried leaf spring several times but wasn't satisfied with the results.

Zetros as C-model: I have seen some Zetros as C model some month ago. And your 4x4 with trailer should be possible too.

It would be great model indeed, but first things first; Unimog U423, Self-propelled sprayer, Mack truck, then probably Zetros or Econic Airport cattering truck and then Zetros (if I don't change my mind and make Unimog U5023 offroader) :laugh:

One after another ;) I'm not fully sure what to build next. I startet several small MOCs, but nothing special.

1 hour ago, jrx said:

One after another ;) I'm not fully sure what to build next. I startet several small MOCs, but nothing special.

I have a big list of (possible) mocs, but there is always question of time and availabe LEGO parts; just one example - there is no LEGO tire with tread patter for UGE Unimog (models U4023 and U5023)...so far there is only one proper tractor tire and so on and on...

That is why I want to make  perfect (as possible) U423 and then to go on next project.

Of course there is also a daily job, family, pets (you see one on my avatar, another is like @efferman's avarar...), so usually I have few hours per week for LEGO and then when I put parts back to the box I got some new idea and write it into notebook ar make simple illustraton

I think, we joined the same club ;) At the moment I clean all my desk from all the tries and prototypes for the Zetros. New MOCs will start in the next days. My list of possible model is really long, but my time is very limited ... But today I had a nice idea for one of the hot candidates. I think I'll use the old RC-battery box :) Hope we'll the first steps in a few weeks.

I'm i the phase of reguilding Unimog for smaller battery box, so modifications to the chassis are necessary. Now I got an idea to use XL motor to act as bigger fuel tank on swb chassis. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your next project to be as good (or even better) as Zetros :thumbup: