Sign in to follow this  
durazno33

Asian Pagoda with Garden for Ninja Training

This pagoda scene was created for display in the upcoming Cactus Brick display in September.  This MOC won first place in the club competition for creating Ninjago related creations.  It also tied for most eye catching of the creations entered into the competition.  Enjoy!

Pagoda Full Scene

GardenGongShinto GateThe gardener

Having just got into Ninjago thanks to the upcoming movie (curse you Lego!!) I think this looks great!! I especially love the landscaping/grounds and the training area. The splashes of colour and the boundary wall are especially good!! The gong's a nice touch too. I think the pagoda itself could do with some more colour though but that's just me!!

Excellent work!!

The Pagoda was washed out in the main picture because of the white background.  I used a flash in the picture below and it shows the color a bit better though they still are darker colors.  Thanks for you comment.

Pagada Closer View

This is beautiful! I have a question for you (and for everyone else who builds large dioramas). Do you generally design them in LDD first, or are you just fortunate enough to have thousands and thousands of spare bricks at home?

On 9/3/2017 at 4:01 PM, bataleon said:

This is beautiful! I have a question for you (and for everyone else who builds large dioramas). Do you generally design them in LDD first, or are you just fortunate enough to have thousands and thousands of spare bricks at home?

I generally draw a rough sketch on paper and then start building.  When I run out of pieces or need specific pieces, I then place a Bricklink order.  In addition, I am lucky enough to have a store nearby that sells used Legos where I can find many of the pieces that I need at a fair price.  I haven't gotten into LDD because I prefer the physical pieces.

Beautiful! I especially love the stone wall, the pond, and the lanterns! The pink and white blossoms and purple and blue water lilies also add a real sense of serenity to this scene. I feel like a lot of MOCists don't fully appreciate how great an impact these kinds of gentler colors can have.

I do kind of feel like the pagoda itself feels a bit out of proportion, with each floor being taller than it is wide… I would probably try to diminish the amount of space between each roofline and the top of the screens. The roofs themselves are quite beautiful, though!

On 9/9/2017 at 3:10 PM, Aanchir said:

Beautiful! I especially love the stone wall, the pond, and the lanterns! The pink and white blossoms and purple and blue water lilies also add a real sense of serenity to this scene. I feel like a lot of MOCists don't fully appreciate how great an impact these kinds of gentler colors can have.

I do kind of feel like the pagoda itself feels a bit out of proportion, with each floor being taller than it is wide… I would probably try to diminish the amount of space between each roofline and the top of the screens. The roofs themselves are quite beautiful, though!

You do have a good point about the height of the floors.  Just now I looked up some pictures of real pagodas and they generally have short floors and wide roofs like you said.  I went with a much narrower building, just a tower really.  Good eye for detail.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:16 AM, kaelthas said:

Love the round tiles walkway!

Thanks! It was fun to create.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:25 AM, pantelis said:

super...nice details

Thanks!