Bricksmith

[MOC] 'Bricks Cross' - Train Station

Hi all! 

I've recently been working on a bunch of train-related projects and figured i'd need a place to display them once a substantial amount have been built.

I wanted to do a city center station that, while still small enough to be affordable, gave an impression of being bigger than it actually was.

And while it isn't based on the similar-sounding King's Cross, it does deliberately have a very London design.

The result is half-terminus, half continuous with the platforms below street level. I tried to render it all as one but my computer doesn't have the processing power for all those bricks! I hope you don't mind seeing the build in its 3 main sections.

SECTION 1: The building

36760047111_eeca5b2760_o.png

Ground Floor:

36503113700_8a8ea915eb_o.png

First Floor:

36899806135_330accd156_o.png

Front view:

36091575923_5071c16f0e_o.png

SECTION 2: The canopy

This will be much longer in the final model. The version rendered here is designed to cover the remainder of the 32 x 32 baseplate.

36729203102_10f0e9e660_o.png

SECTION 3: Base level: Platform & Concourse

36065660624_4a99d360fb_b.jpg

I hope this has been an interesting looking build to you, I'll update this feed when I finally get around to making it for real!! I'd love to hear any comments and suggestions too!

-Isaac

On 9/1/2017 at 8:36 PM, brickostan said:

Nice build. Please post pictures where all sections are assembled.

And as some other write: build it in real life.

Thanks! Easier said than done i'm afraid, As I said earlier the computer can't process all the pieces together at once and crashes. I'll get building as soon as I've got the parts!

This is a really nice model of a small inner-city London station. I think in real life a compact structure such as this would be provided on a single-track line feeding into the city, where the extra bay platform is required so shorter-journeyed trains can terminate here from the center whilst others continue further out to the suburbs. I can see how it all fits together, with the building and ticket hall above the tracks, very useful in built-up areas. I think it needs a lift for disabled access though! The ticket machines look very London-like, especially the circular yellow Oyster-card readers on them! Overall a great job, I can't wait to see it in real bricks!

Great job, I really like the escalators and the overall shape is perfect! May I suggest to add a couple of trees in front of the entrance? I think it's missing some green..

This is really cool! I love the ticket barriers, escalators and especially train platform, the 1x2x2 wall pieces near the track level are perfect. Can't wait for updates.