Lorentzen

Photobucket messing up my Pirate reviews

Hi guys

I'm not sure whether you already discussed this about photo bucket.com, but all my pictorial reviews lost the pictures because photobucket.com wants me to pay for 3rd party photo hosting.

Do you have an idea for where I can upload my pictures from all my different reviews, so they can be shown on this forum again?

Best regards,

Kristian

Many people choose to use Flickr or Brickshelf as they are both free even for embedding. Brickshelf does seem to go up and down a bit though.

I've had a good experience with Flickr for all kinds of photo hosting (art, MOCs, reviews).

Google pictures is also quite useful. And free as well. Wordpress would be another free option. 

On 9/13/2017 at 3:26 PM, Hart New Bob said:

I suggest Brickshelf.  Maybe Imgur.......

I used Brickshelf for a long time but I've been moving away from it, since its downtimes make it kind of unreliable and it's not quite as friendly for browsing images or giving feedback as Flickr.

Flickr also has a nifty feature so when you upload an image it will automatically create versions of that image at different resolutions, which is great if you want to share images on sites that have different image size restrictions but don't want to upload multiple copies of the image. For example, here's a MOC photo I uploaded earlier this year, and here's the "all sizes" page showing the various resolutions. You can also choose between these sizes using the share button on the main photo page, which can even write the HTML or BBCode for you so you can just copy and paste the text to get both an embedded image and a hyperlink in whatever format you need for the site you're sharing the image on.

The main advantages Brickshelf has over Flickr anymore are that it allows nested albums and lets you host non-image files (like Excel spreadsheets or digital model files from LDraw and LDD). But I'm experimenting with alternatives like Google Drive for this since I've a little fed up with wanting to share these sorts of files or refer to ones I've shared in the past only to find that Brickshelf is down.

Just now, Aanchir said:

I used Brickshelf for a long time but I've been moving away from it, since its downtimes make it kind of unreliable and it's not quite as friendly for browsing images or giving feedback as Flickr.

Flickr also has a nifty feature so when you upload an image it will automatically create versions of that image at different resolutions, which is great if you want to share images on sites that have different image size restrictions but don't want to upload multiple copies of the image. For example, here's a MOC photo I uploaded earlier this year, and here's the "all sizes" page showing the various resolutions. You can also choose between these sizes using the share button on the main photo page, which can even write the HTML or BBCode for you so you can just copy and paste the text to get both an embedded image and a hyperlink in whatever format you need for the site you're sharing the image on.

The main advantages Brickshelf has over Flickr anymore are that it allows nested albums and lets you host non-image files (like Excel spreadsheets or digital model files from LDraw and LDD). But I'm experimenting with alternatives like Google Drive for this since I've a little fed up with wanting to share these sorts of files or refer to ones I've shared in the past only to find that Brickshelf is down.

IMO I feel like you can make a long reply for anything. 

Edited by Hart New Bob

There is a Plugin for Firefox called "photobucked embed fix",try that.I use it and i can see all my Photobucket Pictures and others too.

Take that you greedy Photobucket B...!!!

14 hours ago, Hart New Bob said:

IMO I feel like you can make a long reply for anything. 

It's not that I'm good at making long replies. It's that I'm really, really bad at making short ones. :tongue:

Thanks guys. I decided to go with Flickr... It's a tedious job, but now the Skull's Eye Schooner review is up and running again.

Now it's time to repair the Black Seas Barracuda and Caribbean Clipper reviews before focusing on the rest in a few days