Hello, here is my Mclaren P1 model. It is my first Technic creation ever. I never knew this forum existed until a couple of weeks ago. It seems pretty awesome. 

Video

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154262634@N07/36050603744/in/dateposted-public/

Features 

Remote controlled 4 speed gearbox driving the car

Servo steering

Full independent suspension

Remote controlled adjustable rear spoiler including a DRS pitch 

Opening doors 

Monocell sub frame 

Wow, what a way to enter this forum!

Welcome

I really like the style of your creation with the minimal use of panels and the abundance of flexaxles and connectors. You managed to find a good balance between showing the lines and keeping the internals not showing through in a distracting manner.
Interesting video, but I don't know if LEGO appreciates you using their logo...
Do you have a video of the gearbox and how it works when driving the car?
The way you make the lines along the doors connect to the lines beside it is just brilliant, so smooth :wub:

What is the travel of the suspension? The car sits so low it can't be more than half a stud it seems...

Good styled car, but I have just one question (not critics) - is there a way to make gaps  (empty spaces) smaller?

Wery nice detailing with flex axels.

The shape of the whole car is realy god looking. Also i like the black and red color combo.

Realy like it.

@madcow Very warm welcome!

Your P1 is increadible and automatically is in wishlist to built!
I like everything in this MOC, especially front lights :thumbup:
But I didn't fpind any rare lights :look: 

It's not bad but I wonder why your model has a completely flat hood whereas real P1's hood is clearly inclined:

2014-McLaren-P1.jpg

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

It's not bad but I wonder why your model has a completely flat hood whereas real P1's hood is clearly inclined:

Hmm.... I supposed it really depends on your POV.  I don't think one can say it is "completely flat."  The curve to the hood is definitely there....Greater towards the perimeter of the hood as even demonstrated in your photo.  The center certainly is more straight (in the MOC) but as can be seen, this appears consistent with the real car.  Perhaps the MOC "towards the center" of the hood is a little too straight, but the outside perimeters certainly have the curve consistent with the real car.  For any MOC, let alone a first submission, I think this is a stunning MOC.  Wonderful job and thank you for sharing. Not only is it a great MOC, but it does seem to have its own style.  The minimalist style with flexible axles is wonderful.  Reminds me of Sariel's Zonda from years past. 

I'm not a fan of flex axles, but I like the open style and it's instantly recognizable! Excellent job!

14 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Hmm.... I supposed it really depends on your POV.  I don't think one can say it is "completely flat." 

Fair enough, it's inclined by 1 stud, therefore almost flat.

One stud inclination is substantial for such a flat model. Besides that, the hood is not only defined by the panels, but also by the flex axles drawing its outer lines. Actually, most of the perceived shape relies on the lines drawn by flex axles, which is a great accomplishment in itself in my opinion (even though I don't like modeling with flex axles myself).

9 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

One stud inclination is substantial for such a flat model.

I beg to differ. If you look at P1's blueprint, you will notice that the hood's height is at least equal, or even greater than the height of the front end (the distance from the bottom of the front end to the edge of the "nose"). Now, in this model the front end looks to be 5 studs high while the hood is 1 stud high. There's a name for it: wrong proportions.

2012_mclaren_p1.jpg

Edited by Sariel

Wow!

The model is beautiful, and the pictures only exemplify that beauty. I hope you come back again with some other amazing cars!

@Sariel brilliant argumentation! But.. this is author's first car indeed.
Let's leave a room for improovements :classic:

It is so beautiful!! I want this in the Hof! It looks so good, nevermind that small detail. I love how it flows every corner and curve.

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

There's a name for it: wrong proportions.

Of course your line of thinking makes sense, but I think it all depends on what you regard as 'the hood' and how strict you want to be. I think the flex axles just inside the wheel archs draw the outlines of the hood and they incline more than one stud. Maybe the panels more to the middle sit a little too deep, but they are more inclined than some pictures suggest.

But let's agree to disagree and give the floor back to the designer.

Edited by Didumos69

Amazingly well done MOC. IF this is your first, my hat goes off to you!!! At first I thought the cabin may be a touch too high, but when I saw the photos it looks spot on. The doors mechnics coupled with all the power functions really puts this above others. Love it :wub::wub:

19 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Wow, what a way to enter this forum!

Welcome

I really like the style of your creation with the minimal use of panels and the abundance of flexaxles and connectors. You managed to find a good balance between showing the lines and keeping the internals not showing through in a distracting manner.
Interesting video, but I don't know if LEGO appreciates you using their logo...
Do you have a video of the gearbox and how it works when driving the car?
The way you make the lines along the doors connect to the lines beside it is just brilliant, so smooth :wub:

What is the travel of the suspension? The car sits so low it can't be more than half a stud it seems...

Thank you for the kind words. It was a real balancing act in terms of the panel to flex axle ratio I wanted the car to have enough panels to create a solid shape while still maintaining the flow of the body lines of the car. I wanted all black surfaces to be solid and more filled in to create a structure for the car. I will do a more detailed breakdown of the car soon for the sub frame and mechanics of the car. Yes the car has a 1/2 stud travel on the suspension. This was done to give the car a low race car feel like the suspension of the car while it is in race mode. Thanks again for stopping by!

18 hours ago, Corrado said:

A little too big front, but the car looks great! 

Thanks for the comment! I agree it is a bit long, but I had to get that front blade panel in there somehow.

10 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I forgot one important thing @madcow - wellcome to Eurobricks

Thank you glad to be here!

12 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Amazingly well done MOC. IF this is your first, my hat goes off to you!!! At first I thought the cabin may be a touch too high, but when I saw the photos it looks spot on. The doors mechnics coupled with all the power functions really puts this above others. Love it :wub::wub:

Thank you

17 hours ago, Sariel said:

2014-McLaren-P1.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment. I agree it is a bit flat but at the scale I was working in it got very difficult to raise the hood. Originally the hood was one stud higher but it didn't look right to me. 

18 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I like your style :thumbup: .

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I'm not a fan of flex axles, but I like the open style and it's instantly recognizable! Excellent job!

Thanks for stopping by. Flex axles to me were the best way of doing the body shape. It was a real balancing act using them because I did not want to use them as a crutch. Glad you like the build despite that!