Murdoch17

Classic UFO with alien pilot mini-figure - MOC

This classic-styled UFO is just a fun little project I came up with while messing around with the new slopes that came out on the London Bus / VW Beetle.

36011890964_fe363c598f_z.jpg

I have had it pointed out to me it looks somewhat similar to the car in some cartoon TV show I don't watch called 'Rick & Morty." I don't know for sure, but looking at pictures online, it seems like I could have been subliminally influenced by those video ads on Facebook I've scrolled past recently.

36011891604_9117b161b8_z.jpg

The ship has two engines and an opening cockpit with seating for one figure at the controls.

36011892204_9ea60a4c6f_z.jpg

Meet Norma Alley, who goes about everyday the same way, for her whole life. Get up alone,  got to  work where no-one knows you, then she gets to a bar where her crush doesn't even know you exist, and finally go to bed in your tiny apartment with your cat that couldn't care less if you came home at all... only to start thew whole process over the next day.

(Man, that was the most depressing and sad thing I've ever written, and was partially inspired by the Paul McCartney song "Another Day".)

LDD file included here for the ship and it's pilot figure.

Any thoughts, questions and complaints are welcome, though i don't know if I will build this one in real bricks. It is possible to do so, but as this is just a table-scrap, I probably will not built it.

That's a fun little build, I kind of like the black, tan, and red color scheme this creation has.

It's funny, but because this saucer-craft isn't perfectly round, it sort of gives it a ho-drum commuter car look as opposed to a sleek, lightspeeding saucer-craft. :laugh:

Very cute! Love the colors. And I don't know if it was intentional, but it's neat the way the "tail" subtly echoes the shape of the pilot's head!