Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB3] Invasion of Trador

Type: ?????

The rowboat landed hard on the beach of Trador.

"Why are we doing this again?" Asked WTC marine Sally

"So that Count Mesabi can prove the WTC's Prowess in soccer as well as in commerce." Answered Joe, the one eyed Marine 

36677253542_b9b77801c8_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

Slowly, the WTC marines disembarked, Walking their way up to the beacon house

The Customs officer greeted them.

"You here for the football cup?" 

"No, we're here for the soccer cup." Said Biff, the squad leader

"The what?" The Customs officer seemed confused.

"Can we just kill him?"Asked Sally

"Then we'd be disqualified. You read the rules. Murder is only allowed if their is a dispute over betting." Said Joe

36451519710_35c18cc59d_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

Several marines groaned. They walked through the customs house and lined up, ready for the big game.

36677253662_d58245666a_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

From right to left: Jackie, Joe, Sally, Kruschev, and Biff

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. This concludes things for august. I'm not sure what to license this as, It's kinda a lighthouse, kinda a customs house. So, please let me know. This is my first build from my dorm, with what scraps I dragged with me, so the quality all around isn't great. C&C appreciated, and I'm glad to have participated in this challenge.

More Pictures

Spoiler

36038818743_9f35edd38c_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

36013368074_fee2965e44_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

36013368104_a095e25248_z.jpgInvasion of Trador by North White, on Flickr

With the light brick enabled.

Edited by Mesabi

Quick comment, location is Trador and not Trabor :p

tomorrow I'll comment on the MOC :)

I like the flashy light, and the custom house beneath it, in fact I think it's a good idea to build lighthouse and custom together, sort of two in one. Nice uniforms btw.

Back to the build itself:

I really like the building :) it is very colourfull and fits Trador nicely :)

As advice for the rocks, I would like to recommend using some cheese slopes to cover the studs and make it look smoother :)

As type of property, it looks like an excellent small commercial to me :)

And once again, when filling in the forms, make sure to mark "TRADOR" (and not Trabor)

The WTC has arrived, there goes the neighbourhood! I quite like the lighthouse/customs office - it's actually one of my favourites of yours. The mixture of light blue patched with the dark tan and bley works surprisingly well. Like suggested above I'd try and smooth the rock work a bit, maybe add some tiles for the ramp and board walk or perhaps use a technique like this one:

30737487233_7ba3f51acf.jpg

Oh and press your studs together!  :pir_tong2: (last pic above the door and window frames)

Nice job overall, Trabor is lucky to have you present!

On 8/27/2017 at 7:20 PM, Bodi said:

I like the flashy light, and the custom house beneath it, in fact I think it's a good idea to build lighthouse and custom together, sort of two in one. Nice uniforms btw.

Thanks! Light bricks are fun. 

On 8/28/2017 at 1:48 AM, Maxim I said:

Back to the build itself:

I really like the building :) it is very colourfull and fits Trador nicely :)

As advice for the rocks, I would like to recommend using some cheese slopes to cover the studs and make it look smoother :)

As type of property, it looks like an excellent small commercial to me :)

And once again, when filling in the forms, make sure to mark "TRADOR" (and not Trabor)

Wish I had cheese slopes. I was only able to bring essentials to college, so I have a stack of BURBs, and a stack of regular pieces. But no cheese slopes... 

Sums up what I have total, although I did order more on ebay :laugh:, and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:16 AM, Ayrlego said:

The WTC has arrived, there goes the neighbourhood! I quite like the lighthouse/customs office - it's actually one of my favourites of yours. The mixture of light blue patched with the dark tan and bley works surprisingly well. Like suggested above I'd try and smooth the rock work a bit, maybe add some tiles for the ramp and board walk or perhaps use a technique like this one:

*snip*

Oh and press your studs together!  :pir_tong2: (last pic above the door and window frames)

Nice job overall, Trabor is lucky to have you present!

Glad you like it!

I do plan to do a build based on the outcome of how my team does. :devil: As for the boardwalk idea, I'll try to be better, but I ran out of brown pieces building the boardwalk in the build. Again, dorm life. :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Wish I had cheese slopes. I was only able to bring essentials to college, so I have a stack of BURBs, and a stack of regular pieces. But no cheese slopes... 

Cheese slopes aren't essentials?!?!?! :pir_tong2:

They would be for me...