Sign in to follow this  
kjm161

MOC: And Then There Were None

36842925185_3642ca7e52_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

This is my interpretation of Agatha Christie's novel. The interior is complete as well. I used a double wall technique to give the interior an art deco feel (and used a lot of bricks in the process). In the first few photos Fred Narracott leaves the "Ten Little" guests and employees of the mysterious U. N. Owen for a fateful visit on Soldier Island. These include Judge Lawerence Wargrave, Vera Claythorne, William Henry Blore, Dr. Edward George Armstrong, General John Gordon Macarthur, Philip Lombard, Emily Brent, Anthony Marston Thomas Rogers and Ethel Rogers.

36447407080_f804fab96e_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36448224610_c75bfe694a_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36846200805_46baa1a101_c.jpgFront Hall by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36675695902_e616c08ea6_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None Upstairs by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36846151445_02f72e6476_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None: Upstairs by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36449695460_2ef19a4699_c.jpgFront Entrance by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36706451891_b1dd7b059f_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None: Dining Room by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36037418203_41bf0fb83e_c.jpgPool Table by Karen Metz, on Flickr

36675077002_49dca07f18_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None: Living Room by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Sorry for the quality of the interior photos. I plan on taking more photos with the figures as they met their demise according to the poem below.

Ten little Soldier Boys went out to dine;
   One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Soldier Boys sat up very late;
   One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight little Soldier Boys travelling in Devon;
   One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
Seven little Soldier Boys chopping up sticks;
  One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Six little Soldier Boys playing with a hive;
   A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five little Soldier Boys going in for law;
   One got in Chancery and then there were four.
Four little Soldier Boys going out to sea;
   A red herring  swallowed one and then there were three.
Three little Soldier Boys walking in the zoo;
   A big bear hugged one and then there were two.
Two little Soldier Boys sitting in the sun;
   One got frizzled up and then there was one.
One little Soldier Boy left all alone;
   He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

Edited by kjm161
first photo disappeared

I never seize to be amazed. Thoroughly beautiful :wub: I am at a loss of words. Unsure if i should be inspired or give away all my Lego :laugh: (I'll never give away my Lego. Never!)

Amazing work. I love both the inside detailing and the building and rock work. It's really perfect for the story and a wonderful design for the era. Well done.

That looks stunning... especially the interior!! I've never read any Agatha Christie books but you've really captured the period feel and I look forward to seeing more pics!! 

Excellent work!!

On 8/27/2017 at 2:27 PM, peedeejay said:

Fantastic build! The interior details are wonderful.

Thanks! I do like doing interiors with all the little parts.

On 8/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, Man with a hat said:

Oh my. The interior is absolutely amazing!

Great building and story as well. Love Agatha Christie!

Thanks, I love Agatha Christie as well and this is one of my favourite of her novels. Such a great time period to try and recreate design wise.

16 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The whole MOC is a masterpiece, the architecture is beautiful but the interior are stunning! :wub:

I love this villa and the novel of Agatha Christie too! :thumbup:

Thanks, the art deco aesthetic that was used in the BBC production of the novel was the inspiration for my  interior. It has a great atmosphere.

6 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

I never seize to be amazed. Thoroughly beautiful :wub: I am at a loss of words. Unsure if i should be inspired or give away all my Lego :laugh: (I'll never give away my Lego. Never!)

Definitely, never give away your Lego! :) Thanks for the kind words.

5 hours ago, Venunder said:

Great detailing in the whole model.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! Lots of time spent on bricklink searching for just the right part.

5 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Amazing work. I love both the inside detailing and the building and rock work. It's really perfect for the story and a wonderful design for the era. Well done.

Thanks, the Batman Classic Television set really came in handy for the rock work (glad it went on sale) and those minifig wave pieces worked well for the water as well.

4 hours ago, greg3 said:

That looks stunning... especially the interior!! I've never read any Agatha Christie books but you've really captured the period feel and I look forward to seeing more pics!! 

Excellent work!!

Highly recommend Agatha Christie if you like mystery novels. There are also great TV/Movie renditions of many of her works as well. Hopefully will get more pics taken soon to tell more of the story.

4 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Great work!

Thanks! :)

So I saw this earlier and glanced at the building and thought, "Wow, that's a nice build."  And now I've come back to it and looked at all the interior details a well, and it's just incredible!  So very well done... and so many of those wallpaper bricks!  :sweet:

I especially like the different beds and the round table with chairs.

Very nice and slightly art deco! It reminds me of the BBC adaptation starring Charles Dance.

Astoundingly beautiful and hyper realistic build. Brilliant use of colors, pieces and building techniques. Absolutely gorgeous work there. :wub:

17 hours ago, deraven said:

So I saw this earlier and glanced at the building and thought, "Wow, that's a nice build."  And now I've come back to it and looked at all the interior details a well, and it's just incredible!  So very well done... and so many of those wallpaper bricks!  :sweet:

I especially like the different beds and the round table with chairs.

It would be great if they come up with another design for the wallpaper bricks since they add so much detail. Actually a 1x2 in them would add so much versatility. Thanks for the kind words. Below is a picture of four of the upstairs beds.36032145634_eff71700d6.jpgLego beds: And Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr 

Glad they have the microfigs for the 10 little soldiers.

5 hours ago, Uoit32 said:

Great Idea! Great Work!

I totally love the building, the details. I'm melted with delight.

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, jamesn said:

Very nice and slightly art deco! It reminds me of the BBC adaptation starring Charles Dance.

I did look at photos from the BBC production for inspiration. Their set design is gorgeous and it a great adaptation of the novel. Thanks!

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

Astoundingly beautiful and hyper realistic build. Brilliant use of colors, pieces and building techniques. Absolutely gorgeous work there. :wub:

I tried using sand green, blue and red as the main colours with white and dark blue for the interior. Two of the upstairs bedrooms give a nod to two of Agatha Christie's other mysteries "Murder on the Orient Express" (which is why the room has a train and more Oriental feel) and "Death on the Nile". Thanks for the kind words!

1 hour ago, carebear said:

I got Tears in my eyes, this is so beautiful!

So Great!!!!!

Greetings

So glad you like it. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Palixa And The Bricks said:

Great building with wonderful interiors. Amazing how many decorated parts you have :classic: They add so much to the atmosphere of this build.

Thanks! I really like the decorated parts to add detail.

The story according to the poem (so far): 

36522818880_7f02bf9146_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Ten Little Soldier Boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine.

36084962234_02a29ae8a5_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Nine Little Soldier Boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight.

36917825805_3de29036ed_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Eight Little Soldier Boys traveling in Devon; One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.

36084824144_3b7447a1a9_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Seven Little Soldier Boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.

36779760941_2235261956_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Six Little Soldier Boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.

36083457054_30bc039dae_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Five little Soldier Boys going in for law; One got into Chancery and then there were four.

36081296304_04524d0fa9_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Four Little Soldier Boys going out to sea; A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.

36777956351_6dff2065e1_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Three Little Soldier Boys walking in the zoo; A big bear hugged one and then there were two.

The last two:

36780605651_a227b76ca6_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Two Little Soldier Boys playing in the sun; One got frizzled up; and then there was one.

36920345155_2ecd32edc4_c.jpgAnd Then There Were None by Karen Metz, on Flickr

One Little Soldier Boy left all alone; He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

25 minutes ago, AnkTales said:

Really really nice!!All details are great!!

Thanks! :)

When I first saw the building it struck me as something that could be found in A. Christie's or P. D. James' novels, a building somewhere out of the urban areas, in a lonely area by the sea, a retreat to relax and enjoy the English country side. The architecture of the building is nice, I like the almost monochrome exterior with different wall patterns, cranies and nooks. The landscape is interesting as well, the house is a bit to close to the cliffs perhaps. However, the interiors and the plot was a complete surprise. The amount of details is amazing, it's hard to emphasize all the things that awed me. For sure, the wallpapering gives the right atmosphere, I agree there should be more similar prints available. I also love the furniture, different room designs, different beds all with coloured bed linens. The gold details create the rich art-deco feel. Another interesting detail is the lamp design, I didn't know the hand fan existed in trans-clear. Congratulations on this excelent MOC!

15 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

When I first saw the building it struck me as something that could be found in A. Christie's or P. D. James' novels, a building somewhere out of the urban areas, in a lonely area by the sea, a retreat to relax and enjoy the English country side. The architecture of the building is nice, I like the almost monochrome exterior with different wall patterns, cranies and nooks. The landscape is interesting as well, the house is a bit to close to the cliffs perhaps. However, the interiors and the plot was a complete surprise. The amount of details is amazing, it's hard to emphasize all the things that awed me. For sure, the wallpapering gives the right atmosphere, I agree there should be more similar prints available. I also love the furniture, different room designs, different beds all with coloured bed linens. The gold details create the rich art-deco feel. Another interesting detail is the lamp design, I didn't know the hand fan existed in trans-clear. Congratulations on this excelent MOC!

Thanks Redhead1982 for all your lovely comments and observations. The almost monochromatic exterior was challenging to not make it look too box-like. I agree that the house is a bit close to the cliffs but it was a compromise so that I could include the waves, beach and sea as well as keep the building large enough for the detailed interior that is already smaller due to the double walls. The MOC is built on four 32x32 base plates which is my largest build so far, and I still wanted to be able to move it relatively easily; oh to have more space! The trans-clear fans are from the Dr. Strange lego set.

This is a remarkable rendition of an excellent story. I love the interior detail (those wallpaper elements must have been an expensive purchase, but worth it!) The variation in the bedrooms and furniture, each with its own design and motifs, is truly impressive.

17 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

This is a remarkable rendition of an excellent story. I love the interior detail (those wallpaper elements must have been an expensive purchase, but worth it!) The variation in the bedrooms and furniture, each with its own design and motifs, is truly impressive.

Thanks so much! The wallpaper bricks were a big purchase, and some of the other little parts really add up, especially parts like the bumblebee pot to match the poem, but I just had to include :).