chubbybots2

(MOC) Kai's Crimson Kaiphoon!!

Awesome! I haven't watched Pacific Rim, so I can't tell much about how similar it looks to anything there, but I really like its look. Red and grey is also a very strong combination. Very industrial heavy machinery, but so dynamic in its proportions and pose. Excellent! :classic:

@Digger of Bricks Thank you very much haha :D Had this crossover in mind when i first saw the Ninjago movie set!!

@Littleworlds Ah the red and color motif is directly lifted off from the Ninjago Movie Fire Mech set. Parts and decals as well so kudos to the original designers for it! I am just simply mashing up these 2 different themes together :D

6 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Awesome! I haven't watched Pacific Rim, so I can't tell much about how similar it looks to anything there, but I really like its look. Red and grey is also a very strong combination. Very industrial heavy machinery, but so dynamic in its proportions and pose. Excellent! :classic:

Here is a good look at Crimson Typhoon from the film for comparison.

th?id=OIP.3dy85kXcz4icwZPzxfSXdwEsD6&pid

Just now, chubbybots2 said:

@Digger of Bricks Thank you very much haha :D Had this crossover in mind when i first saw the Ninjago movie set!!

@Littleworlds

I should add that the name of this mech is also very clever. :thumbup: :sweet:

I haven't gotten around to watch Pacific Rim yet either, but regardless, this is one very-well done MOC.

My favourite parts are the claw-hand on the left arm and the feet.

@ZORK64Thank you very much! The mechs from Pacific Rim are really well designed :D I just give my own twist to it ^^

@gamejutzuAh yes, you can still attach the flamethrowers back into the arms. the original design from the movie has 3 saw blade arms!

@DardanelThank you very much!