Bregir

MRCA II Adventure

@Lord Buckethead feel free to do so. 

If there's interest, I could also provide such a map, cleaned from any overlay, as a public .svg file (you would need inkscape to open it and make changes), where we could note new cities as they 'appear' in our lore. 

Just now, Kolonialbeamter said:

If there's interest, I could also provide such a map, cleaned from any overlay, as a public .svg file (you would need inkscape to open it and make changes), where we could note new cities as they 'appear' in our lore. 

I think that would be great!

3 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Yeah! That'd be awesome!

Anyways, I updated the map. Also here are some new descriptions

36935908644_b82716765b_c.jpgAMCRA-1updated by North White, on Flickr

The City of Madin lies on the Madin peninsula. Water from the Oasis of Mah flows through the city, and was once worshiped as the giver of life to the people of the city. Just outside the city are the tombs of the ancients, large triangular structures that have long been abandoned. The city itself is full of large spires, and obelisks, honoring both the old and new gods. The city is a large trade hub, larger then A'Anbaal, but it is not the capital. Traders here exchange far more goods then all of the new world, but in recent times, they are beginning to find their business edged out by commodities from the new world. They aren't happy about this. 

Cannastell is a small town on the coast of New Oleon, one of the few safe havens on a dangerous coast. 

Again, if anyone wants a map for their AMCRA, PM me, I have a lot of fun making these!

Edited by Mesabi

Dear all,

We will start publishing the AMRCA results (the first has already been published) on the individual adventure topics as we finish them. The order is random, so please don't be pushy (Looking at you here, @Mesabi :pir-wink: ) as that will push your adventure to the end! :pir-grin:

We are working on it and will deliver in time, hopefully done before the weekend is over. :pir-blush:

Enjoy!

Bregir, KB, and LS.

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

We will start publishing the AMRCA results (the first has already been published) on the individual adventure topics as we finish them. The order is random, so please don't be pushy (Looking at you here, @Mesabi :pir-wink: ) as that will push your adventure to the end! :pir-grin:

We are working on it and will deliver in time, hopefully done before the weekend is over. :pir-blush:

Hey now, I just like having a timetable! I put up my response in AMCRA Origins, so First! I guess.

I'll be gone this weekend to a tournament. I can still browse this fine site, but I won't be able to post builds until sunday night probably. Just FYI. 

A quick heads-up to all you adventurers - remember you have until the next MRCA deadline (TBA) to finish your story and builds. And if you can't make it, the adventure will simply be postponed to the next deadline, until the build(s) is posted, so take your time and enjoy your story. No need to rush!

We are hoping you will enjoy this new format for the AMRCA, and that what we have published so far will spawn some good stories. :pir-blush:

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Hey now, I just like having a timetable! I put up my response in AMCRA Origins, so First! I guess.

I'll be gone this weekend to a tournament. I can still browse this fine site, but I won't be able to post builds until sunday night probably. Just FYI. 

Just messing with you! :pir-wink: I know you can take it! :pir-blush:

40 minutes ago, Bregir said:

A quick heads-up to all you adventurers - remember you have until the next MRCA deadline (TBA) to finish your story and builds. And if you can't make it, the adventure will simply be postponed to the next deadline, until the build(s) is posted, so take your time and enjoy your story. No need to rush!

We are hoping you will enjoy this new format for the AMRCA, and that what we have published so far will spawn some good stories. :pir-blush:

Looks good so far. I am feeling out the format, and seeing the first responses, I realize that I have given very little information in my adventure. If it helps I am going for some existential dilemmas and delve into occult/psychological/dream sequences (allows me to play around in realms that may or may not exist in BoBs).

Edited by Sir Stig

@Sir Stig:

Actually, we have been struggling a bit with yours, but we are quite close to a result. What that is you will have to wait and see... *dum dum DUM!* :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

@Sir Stig:

Actually, we have been struggling a bit with yours, but we are quite close to a result. What that is you will have to wait and see... *dum dum DUM!* :pir-wink:

Looking forward to it :excited:

4 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Looks good so far. I am feeling out the format, and seeing the first responses, I realize that I have given very little information in my adventure. If it helps I am going for some existential dilemmas and delve into occult/psychological/dream sequences (allows me to play around in realms that may or may not exist in BoBs).

So they got their hands on some uisge and Truachesh mushrooms, then.

@Bregir Is it possible to get an index set up for all of these AMRCAs?  Not all the builds ofc, but perhaps just the initial posts.  They are all over place atm and I foresee they'll be pushed down-page a bit too quickly. I personally would like these to be showcased because I think they have the potential to be both a great addition to the lore and a source of great builds/stories too.

34 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

@Bregir Is it possible to get an index set up for all of these AMRCAs?  Not all the builds ofc, but perhaps just the initial posts.  They are all over place atm and I foresee they'll be pushed down-page a bit too quickly. I personally would like these to be showcased because I think they have the potential to be both a great addition to the lore and a source of great builds/stories too.

We will publish a "Newspaper" with all the AMRCA results (in summary) when we have finalised them for this month. Perhaps the solution would be to include links to the adventure topics?

@Kwatchi

@Bregir

I made a list yesterday and posted it here. Feel free to use this :)

It is not 100% complete as it is based on the titles of the topics recently posted in BOBS

On 10/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, Bregir said:

Great that you emphasized this. It spawns a question regarding grand storylines. If one do not participate a month AMRCA deadline with a quest, is it possible to start another adventure, possibly having two (or more) storylines going simultaneously? I think small stories also get a little love if it is possible, and one can still participatete in periods with less build time.

Using the AMRCA to flesh out the world is awesome. I think it should be the main mechanism, and have a fewer challenges (and/or a bigger time gap). It requires more Game mastering, but the BoBs experience will be more intense and personal.

Btw, I think the next Main Challenge should involve embarking on an Adventure using the AMRCA. Another aspect could be building something from a sigfigs past (new player friendly and a possibility to flesh out sig figs). I believe that would be suitable to continue the Era II recruitment campaign, and get even more players to discover the awesomeness that is the Brethren of the Brick Seas. :grin:

Edited by Sir Stig

Since I have not infested this thread with my questions yet: is it possible to start one of this adventures at a later point, or is there a set amount of "entry points" - maybe once every three months - that one has to use? I am asking because my BotBS schedule is full until the start of December, but by then I would like to send Reinhard to do some exploration...

The way I understand:

You can start a new AMRCA adventure whenever you want, as long as you didn't start one the past three months

26 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Since I have not infested this thread with my questions yet: is it possible to start one of this adventures at a later point, or is there a set amount of "entry points" - maybe once every three months - that one has to use? I am asking because my BotBS schedule is full until the start of December, but by then I would like to send Reinhard to do some exploration...

You can start your first adventure at any time (well, at any time an MRCA runs), but once you have started the first one you can only start a new one every 3 months, but only if you do not have any running adventures for which you are lead adventurer. They will have to be ended first. You can always join others in their Adventures.

The first edition of the Eltina Courrier has been published, read all about the latest adventures in all of the Brick Seas! Oh, and... in your face, Kings Port Advertiser!

So, I've done my AMCRA build. I made an extra build. What do I do from here? I really want to get to my adventure of exploring the southern end of the world. Do I wait three months, and then make a short hop again?

I'm sorry I'm so Mercurial. But I'm really unsure what to do right now.

3 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

So, I've done my AMCRA build. I made an extra build. What do I do from here? I really want to get to my adventure of exploring the southern end of the world. Do I wait three months, and then make a short hop again?

I'm sorry I'm so Mercurial. But I'm really unsure what to do right now.

No no, your adventure is now in motion, and since you have made your build all you need to do is to ensure that the proper paperwork is submitted next turn and it will continue.

The three months would be if you wanted to start a new adventure, not continue the existing one.

The important thing is that the gamemasters can see from your builds, stories and the adventure MRCA form what you want to do next turn.

So, is there a date for the next turn? Or is it whenever?Is the paperwork just the amcra form?

and do I need to wait on maxim since we started this together?

Just now, Mesabi said:

So, is there a date for the next turn? Or is it whenever?Is the paperwork just the amcra form?

and do I need to wait on maxim since we started this together?

When the TMRCA has been published, we will set a date for the next turn.

And yes, the paperwork is the AMRCA form. Whether you and Maxim split up your missions is your choice.

8 hours ago, Bregir said:

When the TMRCA has been published, we will set a date for the next turn.

And yes, the paperwork is the AMRCA form. Whether you and Maxim split up your missions is your choice.

If I am correct, Mesabi can split up next AMRCA and start his own advenure as he was not the one who started the current adventure?

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

If I am correct, Mesabi can split up next AMRCA and start his own advenure as he was not the one who started the current adventure?

Indeed. That will mean your expedition splits into two, not that a new one is started.

In practical terms, that means that Mesabi should set up a new adventure topic (linking back to the existing one to keep the story coherent), and fill in his own AMRCA form. (If you expect your expeditions to rejoin later, you can also keep it in the same adventure topic)