Bregir

MRCA II Adventure

A small rule update now clearly states that:

• The lead adventurer signs up all assets to the mission
  • All builds must be posted in a topic dedicated to the expedition (the aptly named "Expedition Topic") rather than in their own thread. This will make it easier for the gamemasters and keep the story collected in each place. (C&C to builds and stories will still be posted in the same thread.)

Aaaand, to the best of my knowledge, the adventure MRCA is now ready for launch :) So expect the trade MRCA to be so too soon(tm) - which means a MRCA deadline will be coming to a pirate ship near you shortly!  :pir-grin:

50 minutes ago, Bregir said:

A small rule update now clearly states that:

• The lead adventurer signs up all assets to the mission
  • All builds must be posted in a topic dedicated to the expedition (the aptly named "Expedition Topic") rather than in their own thread. This will make it easier for the gamemasters and keep the story collected in each place. (C&C to builds and stories will still be posted in the same thread.)

Aaaand, to the best of my knowledge, the adventure MRCA is now ready for launch :) So expect the trade MRCA to be so too soon(tm) - which means a MRCA deadline will be coming to a pirate ship near you shortly!  :pir-grin:

One separate post for the build, and links to the build in a post under Expedition Topic? Or everything in the Expedition Topic thread? If the latter, then the link submitted in the form refers to the particular post. If there is room to misinterpretate, I'm on it :pir_laugh2:

10 minutes ago, Sir Stig said:

One separate post for the build, and links to the build in a post under Expedition Topic? Or everything in the Expedition Topic thread? If the latter, then the link submitted in the form refers to the particular post. If there is room to misinterpretate, I'm on it :pir_laugh2:

I am thinking posting the builds in the same thread, similar to the Malto Peace talks. That way, the gamemasters only have to read up on one thread each month, and it is easy to go back and see what happened preceeding months :pir-blush: Running the adventure MRCA will take some resources, so we need to make it as streamlined as possible for the sake of the gamemasters.

So basicly, you submit the same link each month.

Of course, there may be cases where the expedition build is part of something larger. That "larger" build can then be posted separately too, but it shouldn't normally be necessary.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:45 AM, Bregir said:

Adventure Selection: [Pick whether you are continuing an existing adventure or contunuing an existing one.]

I think this is a typo :wink:

And now for some questions!

1) What if I want to explore an island instead of a body of water? Like if I wanted to explore Island #16 on the New Haven Map. Is that allowed?

2) What kind of DB range is there? And please don't tell me "it's up to you!" I just want to know if I came in with 500 DBs would that be ridiculously high, or would 50 DBs be ridiculously low? I hope you've already planned that part out, because I'd hate for this to turn into a situation where the first couple people who try it set the bar. What if the first 3 people come in with 2000 DBs, that'd be a very high bar for any newer players.

Typo will be fixed. Thanks! :)

1) Yes, it is possible. You will need a vessel to get there, and possibly troops for exploration. (Each turn, some resource must be committed, so if the ship stays, you don't need troops, as the crew can make up the explorers. Alternatively, you can use the vessel to drop of the troops. Then the vessel can leave when it has dropped off the troops.)

2) I would say that 100 DBs will get you very far. But of course, it depends on your mission, and it's length. Exploring the old world will likely leave many more options to spend currency, while going into the unknown will leave less, as there might not be anyone to trade with. And perhaps natives will be content with some coloured pearls or metal objects, which represents very little value.

And it is perfectly reasonable to go with a treasury, although that will limit your options. However, during the Adventure, you may build up a treasury too, if you make any profits (depends on the story), so even an expedition with no initial treasury may end up with funds on its hands.

I hope this clarified it somewhat. Otherwise, feel free to ask.

So, I really hate having to ask this, but at this point with my builds, I must.

I'm working on a new ship, actually 2, but there's no way I can finish them properly before October 10th, mostly because It'll be a bit before pieces arrive.

Can I start my adventure, say I have these 2 ships additionally, and have them arrive later in the story? Like, they're carrying extra supplies and are slower, or will ren de vue with me somewhere? If not I understand, but I unfortunately, I need to ask. 

24 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

I'm working on a new ship, actually 2, but there's no way I can finish them properly before October 10th, mostly because It'll be a bit before pieces arrive.

Can I start my adventure, say I have these 2 ships additionally, and have them arrive later in the story? Like, they're carrying extra supplies and are slower, or will ren de vue with me somewhere? If not I understand, but I unfortunately, I need to ask. 

Good question. I guess it depends if you build your adventure in steps, or as one continuing story. I assume the story could always be connected through several adventure runs. ruleswise, I don't know.

18 hours ago, Mesabi said:

17 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Good question. I guess it depends if you build your adventure in steps, or as one continuing story. I assume the story could always be connected through several adventure runs. ruleswise, I don't know.

You can start your adventure and send more ships and troops at any time in the process. However, they will not magically appaer on the other end of the world, so you might have to wait for them, or let them otherwise catch up.

On 27/8/2017 at 5:45 PM, Bregir said:

Just like the regular MRCA, you wil need a vessel (or troops, if it is only a land adventure. You can also combine both), and just like the regular MRCA, you will incur upkeep, and of course, you can only use your vessel(or your troops) once every MRCA (Trade or adventure, or not at all, but not for both). Also note that troops used in the MRCA must be represented in a build, just like ships. (Does not need to be the full unit.)

Does this mean I could just use land troops to explore an island that has been claimed by our faction and hope to find some interesting history on it? 

Or would they still have to sail there first from somewhere else?

24 minutes ago, Puvel said:

Does this mean I could just use land troops to explore an island that has been claimed by our faction and hope to find some interesting history on it? 

Or would they still have to sail there first from somewhere else?

No guarantee this is correct:

If there is a settlement of your faction, you can just place the troops right then and there - at least for the first MRCA; this might change in the future. If there is no Settlement there, you'll probably have to go there with one of your vessels that has some cargo space (you can transport 1xsmallest troop unit per cargo point) to get the troops there to explore. Note: My interpretation of the rules, someone else will have to confirm this.

If it is on one of the existing islands claimed by Corrington, I would say that you can do as you describe, as IC we sort of already have that island as part of the realm.

And yes, land troops can explore an island, but the same could be done by the crew of a ship. (Although the ship wouldn't be able to sail elsewhere in the same period, of course, it's crew being occupied)

In order to have a ship carry troops in the A-MCRA, do I still need to fill out a Troop Placement form, stating they are now 'cargo' for the time being? Or is listing them in the actual A-MCRA form enough?

In case both MCRA systems feed into different troop overview charts (or whatever magic is used to track troops :tongue: :grin:), and this matter hasn't been decided yet, I suggest to use the Troop Placement form anyway, so troops are 'withdrawn' from the T-MCRA, and don't show up twice.

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Or is listing them in the actual A-MCRA form enough?

This should be sufficient. But don't use troops for both. ;)

Troops *may* be reworked in the way they are handled at some time in the future... :)

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

But don't use troops for both. ;)

Oh I raised troops yesterday and placed them on the island I'll explore and also used them in the AMCRA form, hope I didn't mess things up.

My apologies if I did!

Just now, Puvel said:

Oh I raised troops yesterday and placed them on the island I'll explore and also used them in the AMCRA form, hope I didn't mess things up.

My apologies if I did!

This is fine, I believe :) Otherwise, we now know your exact intentions :)

Hey, so how long will it be before you game masters start sending stuff our way? Are we looking at three month intervals, like we get an event, and then we can start a new AMCRA, or will we get 2 events we need to build for in each cycle, or something completely different? I can't wait to see what you guys are doing here, the whole AMCRA was a fantastic idea.

Not sure if it really matters, but should we register our builds as free builds or MCRA outcome? 

Made a Map of Me and @Maxim I's adventure plans. 

23774877458_8578af8c40_z.jpgAMCRA-1 by North White, on Flickr

I made some lore. Madin (Pronounced Mahhdeen) is the capital of Tellvok. If this counter's anyone's lore, I'll change it, but as far as I could tell Tellvok's capital hadn't been created.

Since I'm already making up lore, here's a description: A city of Towering Sandstone buildings, Madin is the capital of Tellvok. Here, trade is conducted at levels far beyond any of the Colonial powers, but in recent years, the colonial powers have driven many traders out of business with goods from the new world. The Tellvokians additionally believe in the Egyptian Gods, and pray to them regularly. 

Additionally, I created NouVille, a larger city in New Oleon. NouVille was already a thriving city when Oleon invaded, but now it has grown, as traders move goods from New Oleon to the Old World, Tellvok, and Beyond. The city is a general waypoint between the south, the north, and the east.

Please tell me if this steps on anyone's toes, we all seem a little nervous to make up lore, so I thought I'd just go ahead. Let me know what you guys think,

If anyone wants a map made of their AMCRA, please PM me.

For those interested, here are the adventures:

From a map I made a while back for a different purpose:

Careful, laaarge:

Spoiler

32523323604_9dd3f9d2da_o.pngTestmap6 by Jens Fischer, auf Flickr

@Mesabi I like your Madin - sort of fits what I had imagined 'my' Tellvokian capital A'anbaal to be like.

Funny you'd place your OL settlement in the exact same spot as I did :laugh: If it's not too much work, could you change the name to Canastell, and make it 'smaller', just a safe harbor on a very dangerous coast, or use Arbia a bit north, as the capital of Guelph (New Oleon)?

Feel free to use the non-OL stuff as inspiration, or completely dismiss it.

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

I like your Madin - sort of fits what I had imagined 'my' Tellvokian capital A'anbaal to be like.

Funny you'd place your OL settlement in the exact same spot as I did :laugh: If it's not too much work, could you change the name to Canastell, and make it 'smaller', just a safe harbor on a very dangerous coast, or use Arbia a bit north, as the capital of Guelph (New Oleon)?

I'll change the name of NouVille to Canastell. Thanks for the lore, and the map. It will really help me in the future. I'm going for the Tellvokians to be a sort of Ottoman empire type. 

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

For those interested, here are the adventures:

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

Mine is missing, did I fill something out wrong?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

I guess not, the list was based on those who have [AMRCA] in the title :)

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Your form appears to be filled in perfectly correct.

8 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

From a map I made a while back for a different purpose:

Careful, laaarge:

Hide contents

32523323604_9dd3f9d2da_o.pngTestmap6 by Jens Fischer, auf Flickr

@Mesabi I like your Madin - sort of fits what I had imagined 'my' Tellvokian capital A'anbaal to be like.

If you don't mind, may I use some of your Mokolei cities?