I have always had great admiration for Duesenberg; a small already long gone manufacturer named after the two brothers Duesenberg that was known for its performance and extreme luxury, packed in a beautiful design. Only few could afford a Duesenberg as the car was much more expensive than a regular car at the time. The type J and SJ (supercharged) could easily cost 15.000 USD, in  a time a common car would cost 500 USD.

The mid thirties SJ might be the best they made. The supercharged 419cu (6.8 liter) eight in line engine produced 320 hp and was capable taking the car to a topspeed of 205 km/h; a figure hard to imagine in 1935!

Many famous people drove the SJ, including Hollywood stars like Clarck Gable. Only a couple of hundred Duesenberg were ever built before the company died, but as they were rare and collectable many survived till today. They come at a high pricetag though; Duesenbergs have been sold for up to ten million at auction.

My LEGO model is based on the Dual Cowl Pheaton, by LaGrande. It is build in scale 1:8.5 (derived from the wheel size), and consists of roughly 5000 parts. I have put in a lot of detail, like the engine (it was always painted green in a Duesenberg), and added some retro-chromed parts as well. I made two roof setups to show the car open and closed. It has about 5200 bricks, including many truly chromed parts.

This model will be on display at our scale modeling booth at Legoworld 2017, Utrecht Netherlands.

36843088865_4ee5c76645_b.jpg

36672653442_c0f105eb48_b.jpg

36843088025_ee10a108fc_b.jpg

36843085775_a759295ca8_b.jpg

36843086785_aba741fd1b_b.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by Bricksonwheels

GORGEOUS!!! *oh2*

My gosh, not only do I love Duesenberg/Cord/Auburn automobiles, this model now has me wishing Lego could introduce some of those dish parts in chrome! :excited:

There are really not any words to describe this model. Beauty, stunning, amazing, ect.ect. 

Frontpaging in 3...2...1...Frontpaged! :classic:

Congratulations! And what to say...one of your best works so far!

One of the best Lego cars I've seen, fantastic! I especially love the detail of the engine!!!!!!! Huge well done from me! 

HOW COULD WE NOT LIKE IT?! There no words beside "utter perfection...." Stunning model... I don't know what else to say... :wub_drool:

Where did you get all the chrome parts? And how much did they cost? I would love to add chrome details on my models, but have always been afraid of checking the price.

Fantastic attention to detail. The chromed parts is the dot over the i!

Thnx all, glad you like it!

About the chrome parts: I have them chromed myself industrially. Its true chrome, so no paint.

Almost looking like the real thing!

Hoping that Lepin isn't too smart enough to rip-off the design and make a clever imitation of it which is kinda annoying...:laugh:

This would do very well in a "Best MOC Ever" contest. It's simply stunning and the chrome parts are amazing. Can't stop looking at this beauty.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

This would do very well in a "Best MOC Ever" contest. It's simply stunning and the chrome parts are amazing. Can't stop looking at this beauty.

Second that! :thumbup: :wub: