11 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

I have 5 of them. 2 still in a sealed box. And its going to be a manual build. So no pf. And the fun part is, that i dont know how it will turn out. I will keep pisting wip during the build...:wink:

Then you would need additional CLAAS wheel/tire for steering wheel with such big model

16 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This is extremely cool:classic:

It's awesome how you went for an animal inspired project. I had an idea like such too:wink:

Just sit down and build what you come up with at the moment as you sit down. Thats how i did it. And there where some issues. Just take it apart, abd try again. Now i am waiting on a few parts i bought to continiue..:wink:

21 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I hate waiting:sceptic:

I have to finish up a moc before starting my entry...

I know that feeling, but sometimes you just have to deal with it. :thumbup:

Nice! Me like.

Perfect building weather today here in Holland, so I can only assume you will make some progress :sweet:

11 hours ago, Jim said:

Nice! Me like.

Perfect building weather today here in Holland, so I can only assume you will make some progress :sweet:

Rain so yeh. But had to make some overtime at work, so maybe tomorrow...

Parts are in for a few days now, but didend have the time to go on with my build. Try to get some progress on saterday. I have some ideas, so i give those a try on saterday, and post some new pics then.

Few inspiration ideas for ya:

Every wheel can be turned so it can go diagonally. 
The front will have a massive claw that can tilt everywhich way. (for picking up trees and such.)
Saw blade under the massive claw for cutting?

Just something that came into my mind when i read: "Caterwheelerpillar"

So it is been a whyle, but i have made a little progress today. The chassis is allmost ready.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

It is like you can see huge. I will make a totaly manual build, but in a way that i keep in mind that there is room to make it fully rc. This without to take it apart. Instead i just have to add the pf, batterybox, gears and axles. It steers and also has a way to roll over allmost anything.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

In the last 2 pictures you can see how it steers and can move both ways if it hits an obstacle. The 2 black balls on eatch side together with the middle axle in the turntable prevent the tires to touch eathother. 

Afther i have finish my tee, i will go on with the wacky function, engine, bumpers and the cabin.

Unfortunately i whas not able to finish my build on time for the entry. So i have step out. Due to being busy with my work, i couldend find the the time to finish my buildon time. If i had 1 more week, then i could have made it. I have allready inform the Staff. But i will follow the members who have enter there build today. I have allready choose my nr. 1.

6 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

You should finish it anyway, as a MOC.

Agreed, it would be a waste of creativity if you didn't finish this crazy thing! :laugh:

Despite lack of time, you should finis this creation. I'm curious to see the end-result. 

Didend tought of that. Will go at it tonight. Maybe i will be finished with it tomorrow evening or thursday evening. I will post the end result here..

Update, the cabin is ready and i am now working on the wacky function. If the entrydate whas 23-10-2017, then i would have made it. 

Here are 2 pictures.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Now a few min. coffee time, and then it is in fir the next wheelarm.

i would love to see this enter the competition as well! Great build!

It whas just a few weeks that i have make more then 65 hours in a week. And the wife needs also some atention:laugh:. But tonight i build a few hours. It is not ready but the size is huge. I have take some pictures. Also with the Crane Truck from Lucio Switch. Just to show the size.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I think it is not only big, but allready a wacky ride. The little cab looks wacky on this build if you ask me..

41 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

i would love to see this enter the competition as well! Great build!

Thank you.!