I decided I needed a place to land my new Life Flight helicopter. The solution – build a fire department heliport. I've also posted links to a couple of new fire apparatus MOCs on my Flickr. Everything is based on real fire apparatus. Let me know what you think.

Lego Fire Station Heliport MOCFireStation2c

FireStation2g

FireStation2e

Lego Heliport Fire Station MOC

Edited by sasbury
Added photos

I love those brick pattern 1 x 2 bricks in peoples creations.  I just wish there was a way to obtain then for a cheaper price!  we need them to appear in a pick a brick wall!

That's really cool!! Love the helipad (and the stretcher design!!) As others have said, very realistic!! I'd love to see an interior!!

Nice work!!

Yet another great Fire Station (House) Sasbury. I like the style with the 'Brick' bricks. Is this one taken from the design of a real life Station, like the College Stn one or just your own idea?

Also when I saw the first photo, I thought this may be a combined fire station and medical hospital, just because of the crews coming out of the building towards the Helicopter with the 'Gurney'.

Does this Station represent a Headquarters as its quite a large building to house one engine?

16 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Is this an extension of your earlier Fire Station, which is also excellent, or a new building?

It's a separate fire station, but in a similar architectural style. I designed the two to work together as Station 1 and Station 2. Theoretically, they would be located in different parts of the city. I envisioned the helipad station might be in a more remote location.

8 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Yet another great Fire Station (House) Sasbury. I like the style with the 'Brick' bricks. Is this one taken from the design of a real life Station, like the College Stn one or just your own idea?

Also when I saw the first photo, I thought this may be a combined fire station and medical hospital, just because of the crews coming out of the building towards the Helicopter with the 'Gurney'.

Does this Station represent a Headquarters as its quite a large building to house one engine?

Thanks! The helipad takes a lot of space, so I'm thinking this station might also house the department's dispatch center. No medical facilities, but in extreme emergencies medical personnel might be dispatched with the helicopter. I had thought about adding space for more than one engine, but the station was already getting too large for the Lego room shelf.

2 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I've seen also the heavy rescue truck on flickr ...it's simply amazing :wub:

All those chrome parts are the icing on the cake! :thumbup:

Thanks! Photos and links below.

Heavy_RescueHeavy_Rescue

This is really awesome. Very realistic modern fire department. Fantastic details everywhere and all the vehicles look incredibly life-like. Excellent building!

On 8/31/2017 at 8:12 PM, legoboy3998 said:

@sasbury, how do you do the inverted cheese slopes on the heavy rescue truck?

Good question. That portion of the rig is built upside down.