its-over-9000-gif-1.gif

Not really, but I found out that the motors in my GX EV3 peform better in IR Control mode than how they do in my program, and I believe that it is because the motor power is different.

Each block in the EV3 programming software that moves the motors has a digit for how much power each motor should have. I'm wondering what this digit is in IR Control mode, because the motors act much better in this mode than how the do in the program.

If anyone here knows the power of the motors when the EV3 brick is in this mode, please reply as soon as possible. It would be very appreciated.

I think it's because the Motor Control and IR Control use the unregulated motor rather than a normal power block. The unregulated motor block (set to 100) runs each motor to its maximum potential, whereas a standard block tries to regulate to keep a constant speed. When using multiple motors, a standard motor block also keeps to the speed ratio you set (for example when turning a tank) which means that it may reduce performance in order to "wait" for the slower motor.

8 hours ago, StudRobotics said:

@TheMindGarage What should I change in my program to get the performance to be the best it can?

Try using the Unregulated Motor block set to power 100. That's what I've always done. You only really need the normal blocks when fine speed control is needed, such as when driving a tank.

23 hours ago, TheMindGarage said:

Try using the Unregulated Motor block set to power 100.

I did that, but something bad happened to something in the gearbox. One of the rods pushed out so I torn the body apart and pushed it back in and made it stay with a peg and now the car works with the program perfectly. Thanks very much for the help!