Just finished the second of three instruction books, 753 out of 1080 pages, 4100 out of 5789 parts.  The sleeper goes a lot faster than the chassis because it is mostly built on grid, but there were some funny angles in the firewall and the chain around the external battery box was a real challenge.

800x450.jpg

640x360.jpg

The only bad is that you can't feel the soft suspencion of the both seats in the digital model. My fingers were satisfied! :grin:

@Blakbird Your renders gibe new view to each MOC you are doing!

It is difficult or even impossible to overestimate they contribution into the AFOL world community...

@AFOLegofan66 Thank very much for sharing the photos. This is new undescripable feeling for me when somebody uploads your own creation!

Hope you enjoyed it!

I am also building this huge truck, it will be clompletely black and to put behind this truck I have already built Lucio's 4 axle lowboy trailer in yellow. Currently the building is in pause about the point of 2750 parts as in Blackbirds post on november 10th. When finished it is a huge project with over 9000 parts (about 5800 for the truck and 3300 for the trailer) and it will be about 1,80 meters long. I don't have any fotos yet but there will be when finished.

Edited by vliet
I'm also using Effermans 3D printed diffentials

At least I made some video. THis is the very first experience. There is no super performance, just describing truck's functions with music. 

Sorry for the quality and all unconviniances in advance!

Up to 4400 parts now.  Parts at weird angles are hard in LDraw and the hood was therefore a big nightmare to build digitally.  I built the grille and sides of the hood perfectly on grid and it looks really nice, but the black sloped part on top of the hood does not technically fit unless it is bent a bit and LDraw doesn't do that well so I spent a couple of hours just rotating assemblies around to make it look good without being able to tell I cheated.  It came out OK.  I also added the flex axles at the side of the hood which worked quite well.  The front looks like a Lonestar!

800x450.jpg

12 hours ago, Aleh said:

Hope they were easy to build in digital model :classic:
19% to go :blush:

Yes, the doors were relatively easy.  Synthesizing the flex axle in the right shape and making the u-joint on the mirror attach to it was the only trick.  The black flat portions of the sleeper should go pretty quickly, but the roof and the sun visor look fairly complicated.  I'm not done yet!  I hope MLCAD can handle it.

I have not even attempted to add any of the pneumatic hoses or wires.  If someone who is good with LDCAD wants to take the file when I am done and add these things, it would make the renders that much cooler.  I also plan to do some renders of the truck next to other well known large models for scale since it is hard to understand just how big this thing is from photos alone.  I'm open to suggestions of what models would be good choices for comparison.

Would you be so kind to compare it with Lego 5571 model?

annnnnd.... any Lucio's truck...

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Would you be so kind to compare it with Lego 5571 model?

annnnnd.... any Lucio's truck...

Yes!  I was already planning on those two.  Have to finish the model file first though .....

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Nothing to do now but the roof, but that's still 180 pages!

800x450.jpg

Good progress! You dicided to change wheels to the grey colour? Just wonder why...

3 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

It feels rather unstable from the video, yet technologically interesting and rather monstrous in size. :thumbup:

I myself like the size. But the main aim was to create MOC with a lot of different functions. Lego technic MUST be dynamic but not static.

11 hours ago, Aleh said:

Good progress! You dicided to change wheels to the grey colour? Just wonder why...

I was looking for pictures of the real Lonestar to compare and they all had chrome wheels so I thought it would be more realistic that way.  Just a personal choice.

0003lonestar_chi.jpg

22 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Nothing to do now but the roof, but that's still 180 pages!

I knew it was 180 pages, but I didn't really understand how huge the roof is.  Almost 900 part and it took me the entire Saturday to model it.

640x417.jpg

But this means that I'm finally done!  I think the model looks pretty good and hopefully doesn't have too many mistakes.  Now I can concentrate on making some awesome renders.

800x543.jpg

Time for some comparisons.  Here is the 5571 Black Cat rig which is positively dwarfed by comparison.

800x479.jpg

Lucio's crane truck and the bucket wheel excavator stack up a bit better, but both of these are massive models in their own right.

800x394.jpg

800x403.jpg

OMG! No words to describe your work! Thank you!

Edited by Aleh

11 hours ago, Aleh said:

OMG! No words to describe your work! Thank you!

If you liked those then you are really going to like these.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

One day I remembered that this MOC is a 5571 set "on steroids", so it's a good addition to TC20 topic (with a bit exageration) for those, who haven't seen this model yet. I didn't participate with this moc obviously because it had been already published before.

So TC20 is a reason for bumping this topic. Sorry. If I'm wrong here :)