Hi guys! At least I has finished my next MOC and want to introduced the finished model to all of you!

Welcome my International Lonestar truck!

It's dimensions are:

- Lengh: 101 stud or 80 cm

- Width: 31 studs or 25 cm without mirrors

- High: 37 studs or 30 cm excluding antennas and exhaust pipes.

It consists of more than 5000 Lego parts, including 9 motors.

It has:

- Great Charbel's 8 speed gearbox, modified by me to the 16 speed one by adding high/low gear to the main output. It has a special shifter. It's all RC.

- Independant powerfull pneumatic brakes on each wheel. Inspired by Sheepo's Peterbilt.

- Pneumatically controlled fifth wheel.

- Independant suspencion on front and dependant one on the rear axles.

- Suspended driver's and passenger's seats, doors with locks and shock absorbers.

- Detalized interior.

- Inline 6 cylinder engine like the real truck.

Power functions is described at the picture below, I think this is more interesting than just to read.

Also I include pneumatics sheme.

Enjoy the pictures please, I hope some video will apear nowadays.

Unfortunately, rear differentials can't cope with such a huge torgue and truck cant drive fast on the floor, sorry. 

Please visit my Bricksafe page for more photo.

Building instructions are available here:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9788/OleJka/international-lonestar-truck/#comments

VIDEO AVAILABLE NOW!!

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x1200.jpg800x533.jpg800x533.jpg

640x299.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by Aleh

Congrats on finishing this behemoth! It looks great, too bad it cannot drive well. Functions sound cool, I will wait eagerly for the video.

Also, your title has a typo. Not a big one, but it should say "International...."

WOW! Is it real?*huh*

Geezo.....this one is gonna require one long stare.  Rarely do I have 5he time to read and fully digest a moc, but this one demands it.  Initial impression is fantastic.  Excited for the video.

I have been waiting for this! This is simply beautiful! So complex! So accurate! I could go on and on about this, and I think I will nominate this for HoF!

Great job! Sucks that it can't drive, but that's what happens when you add weight.

Wow, black cat on steroids!

There is a smoothness around the cabin which is great. The grey windshield is a bit too prominent for my taste, but that might be in the original as well. And that pneumatic tubing... that's a bit messy isn't it... Too bad it is quite difficult to properly fixate the rigid tubes in studless LEGO...

Still this is just nitpicking on a great MOC. Looking forward to the video.

Wow! So it is possible to build a "Technic only" truck without relying too much on non-Technic bricks for instance for the grill/nose. Impressive!

It would be interesting to have a picture with another well known Lego technic set to better realsie the size of the truck.

8 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

You pulled it off, and it looks excellent. Shame about the diffs, though.

Thank you very much!

8 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Congrats on finishing this behemoth! It looks great, too bad it cannot drive well. Functions sound cool, I will wait eagerly for the video.

Thanks! Me too honestly :laugh: Hope I will deal up with video soft))

8 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Also, your title has a typo. Not a big one, but it should say "International...."

And again thanks, fixed! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, rm8 said:

WOW! Is it real?*huh*

Egor, actually not - this is from Lego. :laugh:
If seriously yes - this is a physic model, not a virtual renders.

8 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Geezo.....this one is gonna require one long stare.  Rarely do I have 5he time to read and fully digest a moc, but this one demands it.  Initial impression is fantastic.  Excited for the video.

I'm waiting for you critics :grin:

7 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Wow, black cat on steroids!

There is a smoothness around the cabin which is great. The grey windshield is a bit too prominent for my taste, but that might be in the original as well. And that pneumatic tubing... that's a bit messy isn't it... Too bad it is quite difficult to properly fixate the rigid tubes in studless LEGO...

Still this is just nitpicking on a great MOC. Looking forward to the video.

Unbelievable, but on the next shelf I have a 5571 truck, but I'm so stupid, that I didn't guess to make a common photo, unfortunately..

6 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Wow! So it is possible to build a "Technic only" truck without relying too much on non-Technic bricks for instance for the grill/nose. Impressive!

It would be interesting to have a picture with another well known Lego technic set to better realsie the size of the truck.

Simply I do not have model team parts for building :laugh:
Only this for comparison. I'll try to photoshop this Lonestar with 5571.

_kmejMUYP9E.jpg

7 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I have been waiting for this! This is simply beautiful! So complex! So accurate! I could go on and on about this, and I think I will nominate this for HoF!

Great job! Sucks that it can't drive, but that's what happens when you add weight.

:cry_happy::cry_happy:

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Hof! Don't worry about driving, it is beautiful!

Thanks for understanding!
I will measure  parts weight ASAP.

I know that it will get me some criticism, but Efferman has made some designs for high torque differentials for 3D printing.  Maybe contact him and get this beaty driving well. And yes, it wouldn't be 100% Lego, but 99,8%.  It would be a shame not to have this truck driving okay.

This is the kind of models I like - BIG :grin:, and good looking. Is fine if it cannot move well, afterall it really depends on your focus.

26 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

I know that it will get me some criticism, but Efferman has made some designs for high torque differentials for 3D printing.  Maybe contact him and get this beaty driving well. And yes, it wouldn't be 100% Lego, but 99,8%.  It would be a shame not to have this truck driving okay.

Nope, not going to criticize you :laugh: as I have no issue with using 3rd party parts...

However, there are ways to handle high torque / heavy models without resorting to non Lego parts - the key is proper bracing and gearing. I've built heavy models and even run them with 3rd-party brushless motors, and I've never felt the need to use 3rd party differential ever since I learnt how to brace and gear properly.

Edited by PorkyMonster

Actually I'm not against the 3rd party parts, but not in a scale model. I tried to make it close to the original, if do not care about it I'm pretty sure we can replace fragile diffs to knobs making minor changes and they will cope with torgue...

I admire the effort you put in the truck. It is beautiful, both in aesthetic and mechanisms. 

I guess the solution to differential problem is to use planetary gears. It will be 100% Lego and will reduce the load on differentials by 4 times. I think it will be enough to make this beaty ride properly:)

Well, as promised.... I finally got some time to really check out this MOC. Wonderful job.  The belly job is especially nice.  One of the more involved belly-shots I have seen for a long time.  Question:  why exactly can it not drive?   You mention that the diffs cannot take it, but also that it cannot drive fast (on the floor).  Can it drive not at all, or just not fast?  In the MOC I presented earlier today, and probably close to the same size and weight (~5,000 pieces, eight motors, two battery packs) I drove it with only one XL motor, and it drove fine.  Not fast, but it drives.  Haven't had problems with the diffs.  Power to two axles, but based on your belly-shot, so is yours (to disperse the power).  the only problem I had was due to backlash.  The diffs held just fine, but it drives very jerky if I use just a regular Lego Controller. However, if I just the speed controller, to regulate the amount of voltage the motors receive, it drives, more or less, fine.  

10 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Well, as promised.... I finally got some time to really check out this MOC. Wonderful job.  The belly job is especially nice.  One of the more involved belly-shots I have seen for a long time.  Question:  why exactly can it not drive?   You mention that the diffs cannot take it, but also that it cannot drive fast (on the floor).  Can it drive not at all, or just not fast?  In the MOC I presented earlier today, and probably close to the same size and weight (~5,000 pieces, eight motors, two battery packs) I drove it with only one XL motor, and it drove fine.  Not fast, but it drives.  Haven't had problems with the diffs.  Power to two axles, but based on your belly-shot, so is yours (to disperse the power).  the only problem I had was due to backlash.  The diffs held just fine, but it drives very jerky if I use just a regular Lego Controller. However, if I just the speed controller, to regulate the amount of voltage the motors receive, it drives, more or less, fine.  

Thanks for your extended opinion! Truck at all drives on the floor, torgue is enough to move it, at least on the first gear but very slowly and poor to see. Especially since I connected two drive momors to one BB, and other two to another one :classic:
But all the torgue in going through many gears and there is a chance to damage some of them. Anyway I do not use any CV joints in the drivetrain except spherical connections in the rear suspencion.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:13 AM, Aleh said:

Thanks for your extended opinion! Truck at all drives on the floor, torgue is enough to move it, at least on the first gear but very slowly and poor to see. Especially since I connected two drive momors to one BB, and other two to another one :classic:
But all the torgue in going through many gears and there is a chance to damage some of them. Anyway I do not use any CV joints in the drivetrain except spherical connections in the rear suspencion.

The many gears would be a likely culprit.  In my example there is no gearbox so much less friction.  

Like @Jeroen Ottens said - black cat on steroids. Huge model with many details. :thumbup:

Perhaps because of so many e-motors you should put digital signature like "gentleman start your engines" :laugh:

Finally it's finished! (well, I'm a bit late:grin:)
Despite I have to say that there are a couple of pics that doesn't convince me totally, there are some that are wonderful and nailed it the complex shape!:thumbup::thumbup:

I know that it's the bottom and none will see it (unless you are an EB member), but can I suggest to be more clean with all the pneumatic hoses?

About the differential issues, I think that a gearbox is useless, yes it's cool and complicated, but it just decrease the performances. My Crane truck has 4XL motors a bit up geared that drive the differentials, and after that they are down geared on the portal hubs. So you increase the speed on the differentials but you will decrease the torque that they have to endure.