Wow Aleh... I wasn't aware you build this truck! I had seen it on rebrickable but never put two and two together! Its a very creative design and definitely massive!! Love it :wub:

16 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Wow Aleh... I wasn't aware you build this truck! I had seen it on rebrickable but never put two and two together! Its a very creative design and definitely massive!! Love it :wub:

It is massive, like a monster. @Aleh you should be carefull with your builds because local police would request driving license for this masterpiece

@Lox Lego, @I_Igor Thank you very much! Very appreciate your comments, they're very important for me! 
I'm trying to make some video of truck's functions. Hope the result will be well enought to public.

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

@Lox Lego, @I_Igor Thank you very much! Very appreciate your comments, they're very important for me! 
I'm trying to make some video of truck's functions. Hope the result will be well enought to public.

You are well come. Despite that you build in another direction than me (trying to make smaller models), I respect your work :thumbup:

3 hours ago, bonox said:

any axle requiring 12 springs is certainly overkill impressive. :)

12 hard springs.

3 hours ago, bonox said:

any axle requiring 12 springs is certainly overkill impressive. :)

Furthermore it has working pneumatic brakes!

Just now, Blakbird said:

12 hard springs.

Certainly, but in the BI I left one small shock absorber from each side unused. Just did not through through the top axle. They are for emergencies.

Almost done and it is a big truck for sure!! I'll post some photo's on my bricksafe when done. A quick note...when the chassis was finished I tested all functions and they works perfectly but when the full truck was finished the weight prevented this monster from moving at all. Despite that it was a long but terrific build!! 

16 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I'll post some photo's on my bricksafe when done. 

It will be nice!

when the chassis was finished I tested all functions and they works perfectly.

This means three things:

1) you build everytning correct

2) I designed everythong correct

3) My wife with me made correct plans

:laugh:

the weight prevented this monster from moving at all. Despite that it was a long but terrific build!! 

Unfortunately yes - too many gear and complex transmission makes drive hard.

Thanks for your kind words!

21 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Almost done and it is a big truck for sure!! I'll post some photo's on my bricksafe when done. A quick note...when the chassis was finished I tested all functions and they works perfectly but when the full truck was finished the weight prevented this monster from moving at all. Despite that it was a long but terrific build!! 

You must have the biggest Lego collection in the world @AFOLegofan66!! Insane!

3550 parts.  This stage was particularly difficult to model.  The angle connectors over the front bumper don't actually fit geometrically which means they are slightly stressed on the model.  No big deal in bricks, but in LDraw I need to fudge all the locations to get it to look right.  Then there were the flex fenders.  A lot of manual manipulation here to get them to look reasonably smooth.  I think it came out all right.

800x450.jpg

@Blakbird Wow! You did a great job at this stage! Looks smooth and correct. Oh what I'm saying it looks better than in the original even!

Keep building! Burning out of curiosity to see the finished digital model...

Edited by Aleh

you need a lot of patience to build such model, and then a much more patience to do instruction and renders

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 hour ago, rm8 said:

you need a lot of patience to build such model, and then a much more patience to do instruction and renders

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think I can answer both for myself and Erik:

When you like what you are doing time dissapears.

12 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

@Blakbird I've been following your progress, very good work! Does MLCad handle this amount of parts well? 

Not really.  The key is to build in submodels as much as possible so the whole model doesn't need to be regenerated every time you move a part.  This model is not really modular so I've had to be selective with how I choose what to put in a submodel.  It helps to have a lot of practice.

there are no submodels on this beast. Just finished this week and it took forever to get this together. I'm going to take a few photo's this weekend and take it apart. I need those parts!! There are so many!!

1 hour ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

there are no submodels on this beast. Just finished this week and it took forever to get this together. I'm going to take a few photo's this weekend and take it apart. I need those parts!! There are so many!!

Waiting for your photos!

Edited by Aleh