Sign in to follow this  

Hello Eurobricks,

(sorry, posted by mistake , I'm currently writing the topic) That's OK now.

If you get tired of airport vehicle, you can still escape.

I had some time to kill during my forced holidays, so I present you my latest MOC, a baggage belt loader. This kind of vehicle are used to delicately load you baggage in the bulk cargo room of aircraft.

36760653015_38f63c64ca_c.jpg

36760646515_ea3124a505_c.jpg

36760637735_a5fa158bd4_c.jpg

36713527056_46e0364fc1_c.jpg

The belt is made of two parallel tread sliding on studeless beam and are actuated by a PF-M motor + Worm gear (and some gear inside the conveyor). The U-shape prevent the tread to move.

36713532316_ea52187431_c.jpg

Regarding the other function, you can find steering (through PF-Servo motor), propulsion (through PF-M motor) and the elevation of the coveyor (through PF-M motor and linear actoator)

36621457901_cd089599c7_c.jpg

Except the smal size of the model there is no real complexity in this MOC. I tried to add some small detail to make it look better, I'll let you discover them in the here below video. thank you for reading :classic:

Complete album on Flickr : https://flic.kr/s/aHsm78fkMT

Edited by Superkoala

1 minute ago, Superkoala said:

Hello Eurobricks,

(sorry, posted by mistake , I'm currently writing the topic)

It could happen, take your time, or perhaps type text in text processing application (like MS Word) and then use famous copy/paste :laugh:

Anyway you can edit it later and make proper topic so don't worry :wink:

33 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It could happen, take your time, or perhaps type text in text processing application (like MS Word) and then use famous copy/paste :laugh:

Anyway you can edit it later and make proper topic so don't worry :wink:

I will keep in mind for the next time to prepare my post in MS Word. It is way to easy to hit the wrong key on the keyboard :)

Just now, Superkoala said:

I will keep in mind for the next time to prepare my post in MS Word. It is way to easy to hit the wrong key on the keyboard :)

Or browser is playing stupid, like in my situation so due to bug in browser I could not read some posts and understand completely wrong and for my Technic model I start scale model topic. Thankfully there are @Jim and @Milan always around to help.

About your latest creation it looks like you are in airport business at least with LEGO. 

From my point of view this baggage belt loader perfectly fits the scale of (my favorite) aircraft tractor AST 1X.

Very nice combination :sweet:

@Superkoala bravo, another fantastic airport vehicle moc!!  What with the catering trucks and aircraft tractor, surely we must be getting close to being able to open the official Eurobrick International airport :laugh:

Just need someone to moc an airliner now.

Anyway congrats on your moc, I like it very much.

46 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

@Superkoala bravo, another fantastic airport vehicle moc!!  What with the catering trucks and aircraft tractor, surely we must be getting close to being able to open the official Eurobrick International airport :laugh:

Just need someone to moc an airliner now.

Anyway congrats on your moc, I like it very much.

Indeed, very nice contribution to the Technic Airline Industry!  Problem with doing an airliner to accompany these builds at this scale is that it would have to be super huge.  Years ago I bought three 42025 sets and combined them (with my own additions).  At nearly 4000 pieces I still feel it would be too small.

3 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Indeed, very nice contribution to the Technic Airline Industry!  Problem with doing an airliner to accompany these builds at this scale is that it would have to be super huge.  Years ago I bought three 42025 sets and combined them (with my own additions).  At nearly 4000 pieces I still feel it would be too small.

Time to loop in the master of the giant MOC perhaps, @Lucio Switch :sweet:?

Nice, I like seeing something different, even if it's just another airport vehicle!

48 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The technic airport is really building itself up now

Agreed, except no planes have arrived yet... :laugh:

31 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Agreed, except no planes have arrived yet... :laugh:

Yes, but any plans at the scale of these machines would be a few metres long at least.

Thanks everyone for your comment.

Make an aircraft would be something possible, if I had to choose I would prefer something made it of studfull. But an A380 in this scale would be more than 3m long.

singapore_airlines.jpg

17 minutes ago, Superkoala said:

A380 in this scale would be more than 3m long.

Are these airport vehicles you are making for an A380? If not, a small plane like an Embraer would be great, and I could build it :)

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

5 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Are these airport vehicles you are making for an A380? If not, a small plane like an Embraer would be great, and I could build it :)

Well these MOC can fit all aircraft but I have a special affection for the A380, I can sometime see one of them leaving the factory when I'm lucky enough.

1 hour ago, Superkoala said:

Thanks everyone for your comment.

Make an aircraft would be something possible, if I had to choose I would prefer something made it of studfull. But an A380 in this scale would be more than 3m long.

And you would need additional garage to keep it somewhere...or neighbours would turn you to authorities with suspect of developibg secret wepon :laugh:

Edited by I_Igor

Cool model, it looks great and works well. :thumbup: Now you need to make one of those little baggage cart "trains."

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

And you would need additional garage to keep it somewhere...or neighbours would turn you to authorities with suspect of developibg secret wepon :laugh:

:laugh: When I first started getting into Technic, gosh, was it really 6 years ago?! My grandpa looked at what I was doing, then went and told my little brothers "Sorry guys... It looks like your brother is building replacements for you." :roflmao:

Just now, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Cool model, it looks great and works well. :thumbup: Now you need to make one of those little baggage cart "trains."

:laugh: When I first started getting into Technic, gosh, was it really 6 years ago?! My grandpa looked at what I was doing, then went and told my little brothers "Sorry guys... It looks like your brother is building replacements for you." :roflmao:

:roflmao:...about history, when I first got to technic it was with set 851 in 1979 (I was 6), so number 6 is interesting at the moment. Another thing dealing with number 6 is @Superkoala's previous work of art; the Goldhoffer AST 1X with 6 wheels. What I wanted to ask @Superkoala is: did you ever try to make both 6 wheel drive and steer on Goldhoffer?

Thank you

50 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

:roflmao:...about history, when I first got to technic it was with set 851 in 1979 (I was 6), so number 6 is interesting at the moment. Another thing dealing with number 6 is @Superkoala's previous work of art; the Goldhoffer AST 1X with 6 wheels. What I wanted to ask @Superkoala is: did you ever try to make both 6 wheel drive and steer on Goldhoffer?

Thank you

Actually I did a previous version, two years from now, all wheel drive and all wheel steer, but i had several issue with the chassis which bend a lot due to the heavy weight

funny.. I just did a basic GBC Starter module + digital file, of a conveyor belt.... it's tempting to 'dress it up' like one of these loaders! :)

12 hours ago, Superkoala said:

Actually I did a previous version, two years from now, all wheel drive and all wheel steer, but i had several issue with the chassis which bend a lot due to the heavy weight

I understand - due to limited space and available LEGO parts result was not satisfying

Lately there are some really cool airport stuff, and this is one of these for sure!!

On 24/8/2017 at 3:34 PM, Paknaloid said:

Time to loop in the master of the giant MOC perhaps, @Lucio Switch :sweet:?

I saw a WIP of a big scale tecnic aiplane here on EB some times ago (it was when I joined EB, if I don't remember wrong), but I lost track of it. Honestly, sometimes the idea came to me, but I lack experience with the airplanes.