Sign in to follow this  
teos

LDD/LDraw file for brick built motors? (Figured out)

I'm posting to see if anyone has an LDD or LDraw file(s) for brick built samples of actual motors (mainly for connection points).  Specifically, I need L & Servo, as I want to build the Icarus super car (by Madoca1977) motor-less*.  

Besides the electronic components, I likely have most of the parts and the car looks like it would be nice to display.  Thanks!

* I'm not at the builder level where I could just visualize and recreate the undercarriage.

I wasn't thinking at first.  It doesn't need to look like a motor, instead it just needs the connection points.  I've already made a fake L-motor out of technic, so I can likely do a servo.

Edited by teos

8 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I don't have any files, but if you want to build it without motors, why don't you... just leave the motors out...

There are a few factors that make it so that I cannot.  Primarily it is my skill level.  Also, the motors are connection points and the instructions aren't quite a thorough as a Lego instruction book.  Keep in mind that I'm not complaining.  I'm just hoping for a workaround.  Maybe I will be able to modify it after see the undercarriage fully build with fake motors.

To msk6003: I actually want to build brick built motors with real pieces.

Update: I've added a photo to show how complex this model is.  There are 5 motors crammed into this small area (3 directly behind the seats, 1 under seats, and a servo in the front that can't be seen).  The picture displayed here is full size for the instructions themselves.  This is by no means a novice created supercar.  

icarus motor placement

Edited by teos

22 hours ago, teos said:

This is by no means a novice created supercar.  

I can't help you, but damn that is a nice supercar my dude

3 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Oh I thought he rebuilt the whole chassis.

The image suggests otherwise (number 73) and looks like a instruction book, which it is.

I think you should use 7l beams together.