ZCerberus

Review: 21310 Old Fishing Store

Old Fishing Store reader opinion poll  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the Old Fisher Store on its Collector's value?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor
  2. 2. How would you rate the Old Fishing Store on its MOCer value?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

50 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Great review, I will definitely pick this up, it is full of useful pieces... Especially sand green! :excited:

In general, pick up an Ideas set first because their production run is usually limited. As I sadly learned...

Thats what I am afradi of... I thonk that Ninjago city might wait little bit longer for me :) 

Thanks for the nice review. A fantastic set with lots of useful parts. My yacht has already set its course!

Thanks for the review. This has confirmed me not wanting to pick it up. I don't have a strong affinity for fishing anyway, so that helps. The price and piece amount is good value, but I don't picture myself needing that many sand green tiles.

I do like the figure prints, so I'll have to pick them up and maybe pick up a few printed pieces, but otherwise, I think I can pass.

Superb comprehensive review , the design standard of this old fishing store is off the chart!...but it has stickers?!!..c`mon you cheap-skates at LEGO, this amazing set deserves ALL printed elements!!

Grumble over

Kenny.

The design is so different from the other Creator sets that come to mind; this makes it quite attractive. A fishing store fits in all over the world....at least until we run out of fish, which sounds as if it could happen SOON. We need buildings besides typical stores/offices and homes. Sand green has always been a favorite color making this set rank right up there with the best. A non-leaky roof would appeal more to me, but that can easily be fixed. 

Congrats on a first class review! This makes it easy to evaluate whether or not to purchase a set and to understand the build and parts going into it. Thanks!

Great set, thanks for the detailed review. I'm not completely convinced only by the color palette of the roof (there are too many different colors in my opinion) but overall is very very beautiful. I'm gonna buy this one as soon as possible.

Great review of a great fan designed set. So glad that it got selected through Lego Ideas. I like so much about this set, from the minifigs that have been selected down to the detail in the shop. This is going to fit in to my waterfront scene perfectly. Just hope his other designs become available in some form.

This was a day one purchase ie 1st Sept. But as its now available on S@H no point in waiting! :tongue:

Ordered through S@H. Came up in the us as a pre-order. Excited for this one. I think even my wife is glad I bought this one!

Excellent review! This might go up there with WALL-E and the Exo-Suit as my favorite Ideas sets. I'll definitely be picking it up come holiday season. :blush: I would appreciate a size comparison with the modular buildings, perhaps the Brick Bank or Detective's Office if you have those? :look:

Thanks for this great review. I know before reading it, that this is a set I deffinitely want. Now, I'm even more sure of going for another copy of the set for parts alone. I really like the number and colours of many so far rare parts, that have a great value for MOCers. Looking forward to actually build it.

On 8/23/2017 at 1:59 PM, Kevin Yoo said:

I was pretty surprised to see the tires hanging from the chains. It isn’t even a connection. Makes this feel more like a MOC than a Lego set. I like it.

LEGO has used a similar technique before, in a Friends set no less! Adventure Camp Tree House used a larger tire and a longer chain for its tire swing!

Good review overall. I don't particularly feel drawn to this set, since it's not a part of one of the themes I collect and doesn't really touch on any of my current or childhood interests. But it's certainly a work of art! The original project was great in its own right and the designers did a great job translating that into a finished set. This set has a really great, somewhat gloomy seaside atmosphere and would fit very nicely in a town layout.

This sure is a lovely set. I am quite keen on getting this one but I really want to find it on sale first which I admit will be hard.