I though I would try to make something more modern with my blue panels and the XL Sport has been on my list for a while - a natural choice as they only made one and it was blue.

It has standard 25 wide wishbone suspension and runs on the 9398 RC set up with the motors geared up a little. I've almost done the bodywork and just need to fix the chassis with all the right mounting points.

36324072510_0ae1467053_n.jpg36324072390_58b6bfa814_n.jpg

36602197751_732f9f8f57_n.jpg36338233360_649ed69136_n.jpg

35907049204_5b240b0bb0_n.jpgIMG_3184 by James Tillson, on Flickr

That is really cool! The possibilities of things you can do with blue just keep growing! Any chance of using a flex axle of ribbed tubing around each wheel to smooth out the shape? Also, I think you could use #21 and #22 2x5 panels under the rear to mimic the little fins that are barely visible in the rear quarter photo.Will you make a video?

Everything is cool: color, panel work and details. But LEGO wheels are :thumbdown:. May be wheel covers can make it better. Anyways it not your fault. MOC is great!

On 8/22/2017 at 9:45 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Very nice! The rear lights are off, perhaps making them out of system or a flex axle?

Yes, they look orange on the real car. A couple of #5 and a 19L flexi may do it

On 8/22/2017 at 10:51 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Any chance of using a flex axle of ribbed tubing around each wheel to smooth out the shape? Also, I think you could use #21 and #22 2x5 panels under the rear to mimic the little fins that are barely visible in the rear quarter photo.Will you make a video?

The bodywork is getting tighter around the wheels, I hope it will be OK without flexi on the arches. The rear diffuser fins are still on the to-do list . I will make a video probably with photo instructions.

18 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

WIP? I don't see anything that is unfinished... I just see an amazing blue technic MOC! :laugh:

It looks more finish than it really is because I start from the outside and work my way in.

16 hours ago, rm8 said:

wheels are :thumbdown:. May be wheel covers can make it better.

It is crying out for a set of 8145 trims but I don't have any. A full set would cost me about £70 from bricklink so I tried a few ideas for wheel trims. I took pictures of the best two.

I also changed the nose to make it look a little less Stan Smith.

36595465112_e9ee19f86d_n.jpgIMG_3200 by James Tillson, on Flickr

36718243776_d0cf827cc8_n.jpgIMG_3201 by James Tillson, on Flickr

36595472572_eb2d2ca25e_n.jpgIMG_3202 by James Tillson, on Flickr

4 hours ago, JamesJT said:

It looks more finish than it really is because I start from the outside and work my way in.

I see, that's different to most other builders, but it seems to be a good way to build a WIP, considering how many positive comments you have gotten!

Hi! I personally like the whole rare itself! Looks similar to the original and.... to Honda/Acura NSX :thumbup:
But I do not like the front lights..
My English is not well enought to explain how it seems for me, but I'' give it a try: how about replacing black soft axle to the shorter one and add lights under the small blue panels in the corner in Madoca's style mixed with Chiron?
Thanks!

Edited by Aleh

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

...Honda/Acura NSX :thumbup:
But I do not like the front lights..

I thought about switching to NSX, but shape is also similar to 959, VW Nardo, Noble M600 or a Le Mans racer.

I will try a version of the lights using system bricks.

Nice (another) blue masterpiece, masterpiece because of nicely shaped moc with very limited number of available blue parts :thumbup:

I really like the approach you've taken with the blue panel builds. Different cars let you experiment with different building techniques, so of you ever want to make your own design, you can just apply what you've learned. Nice work on this one. 

I love this model, and all the new shapes you've figured out. Definately a chip off the ol block! Looks just like the real car. :wub:

Very well done! Great use of the limited blue, I wonder if it would now be able to build in black with the black curved panels from the tow truck? 

On 8/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, I_Igor said:

... very limited number of available blue parts :thumbup:

On 8/30/2017 at 11:32 AM, DugaldIC said:

... limited blue...

I'm not sure why everybody thinks blue is limited. A #4 connector, 42003 perpendicular and #5/#6 long panel would be nice but all the other parts are available.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:32 AM, DugaldIC said:

I wonder if it would now be able to build in black with the black curved panels from the tow truck? 

Oh yes and I grabbed a load of cheap ones off bricklink yesterday.

36160303984_d62c6d336a_n.jpgblack panels by James Tillson, on Flickr

I'm tempted to build a black XKSS, 63 Corvette or Pirelli Stratos (black arches and red wheels!) but I also have a few new ideas too.

VW XL needed 8145 wheel trims to be truly finished so I bought some of those too (ouch) just waiting for them to arrive.