Robert8

Minecraft 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

16 hours ago, Borex said:

What i love most about the minecraft sets is that they look so old skool lego. Just bricks. Nice to see that they still sell. No idea who is buying them, but these look just as fun as all the others.

Minecraft is still hugely popular with kids, I’m sure they’re whipping these up.

i love the minecraft sets. I was always tempted by them but didn’t take the plunge until late last year. I’ve got 6 or 7 sets now and the great thing is I haven’t even got any built, they were immediately destroyed and rebuilt by me and my girlfriend into our own little minecraft world. We love playing the game together and it’s just so awesome to be able to have that fun come to life!

looking forward to the under £20 sets, they look like a lot of fun. The pictures are a bit unflattering to be honest but there are definitely some must buys in there

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Minecraft is still hugely popular with kids, I’m sure they’re whipping these up.

i love the minecraft sets. I was always tempted by them but didn’t take the plunge until late last year. I’ve got 6 or 7 sets now and the great thing is I haven’t even got any built, they were immediately destroyed and rebuilt by me and my girlfriend into our own little minecraft world. We love playing the game together and it’s just so awesome to be able to have that fun come to life!

looking forward to the under £20 sets, they look like a lot of fun. The pictures are a bit unflattering to be honest but there are definitely some must buys in there

I have that just the way around with lego dimensions. I started collecting them because of the novelty figs they came with. I ended up buying most of the sets because i liked the game so much haha. 

The minecraft game however never did anything for me, but i totally can see how you and your girl have fun with these sets recreating the game.

i do like the magma sections the most. They remind me of supermario in bowsers world. 

Why is the polarbear a canon by the way? What does it shoot? Snowballs? 

The clearer pics at Brickset make all the difference. When the blurry pics were about I was not so thrilled about the newer sets but the clear images show as mentioned above already:
- new furnace part
- baby mobs
- melons
- banners in better detail
- Polar bears and bunnies clearer

Also there appears to be more sets at a lower price point, which is always welcome. 

Finally caught the new photos, and I have to say I'm liking most of what I've seen. I've gotten a few of the Minecraft sets despite not actually playing the game (the design and aethetic are in my niche for sure), but it's been pretty hit or miss for me in terms of sets - this is looking like a couple of good hits! The "battlepack" sized sets are something I didn't realize I thought the line needed until just now, but it really does - I think the Brickshow video made a couple good points about this season getting into the groove with printed parts and characters over structures and basic cubes. At the very least, I'm strongly eyeballing the Melon Farm and Nether Fight; maybe the Nether Portal as well, since that also integrates with the Nether Railway without any tweaking.

New sets are out in certain US locations and Jang has already got a review up of the Chicken Coop. Fun little set, and I'm thrilled to finally get chickens.. even if these chickens' heads are a bit flat

Brickset said that this wave was due to be released March 2018, which I thought was odd. On the US LEGO site they say Jan 1st, so Europe would be sometime after that, not March however. Jangbricks has done the Polar Igloo set as well.

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

So, I just saw DanTDM's playthrough of the last chapter of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2, and I had a thought.

Lego Minecraft has to be running out of ideas by now, right? I mean, basically the only Minecraft structures that we haven't gotten in a set yet are Desert Temples, End Cities and Woodland Mansions. (And I'd be immensely surprised if at least one of them didn't show up during the 2018 Summer wave. Probably two; an End City the same size as The Ocean Monument, and a Desert Temple to the same scale as Crafting Box 2.0.)

Plus, one of the only things that basically ALL Lego Minecraft fans can agree on is that we need more player characters, since everyone's sick or Steve and Alex. 

So . . why not make Minecraft Lego sets based on Minecraft: Story Mode, instead of just vanilla Minecraft? Having suitably blocky minifigures of Jesse, Lukas, Petra, Olivia, etc. would satisfy people's desire for more 'player character' minifigures, and there's plenty of potential for sets. The Order of the Stone's old castle, the Sunshine Institute, Ivor's Far Lands hideout, Jesse's old treehouse, Harper's secret laboratory in Crown Mesa, the Old Builders' tournament arena, the fight against the Wither Storm - heck, imagine a D2C set in the same scale as The Mountain Cave based on Beacontown! It would be incredible. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Crown Mesa, not Grand Mesa. Always get those mixed up.

New set descriptions on Brickshow! What a day!

According  to what they write :

21147 Bedrock adventures

21146 skeleton attack

21145 skull arena

My English is too bad for a good transcription.

5 minutes ago, sousmarineuse said:

New set descriptions on Brickshow! What a day!

According  to what they write :

21147 Bedrock adventures

21146 skeleton attack

21145 skull arena

My English is too bad for a good transcription.

Skull arena? . . Maybe something underground with a fossil?

Bedrock adventures sounds interesting . .

Interesting choices... I thought they'd go with the more obvious stuff (a Woodland Mansion or an End City) but those might be worthwhile as well. Sadly, not much new in terms of mobs apart from Silverfish (finally!), but the awesome winter wave more than makes up for that :sweet:

Yeah. Huh. Red sheep is cool, but . . seriously, I was certain there'd be an End City, Woodland Mansion or Desert Temple . . maybe they'll surprise us with a D2C like last year?

The biggest let down is the lack of new characters. Still Steve and Alex. Hopefully not the same prints...

They want us to buy the character packs badly. Which I'm about to purchase now... 

I'm gonna have to wait to see leaks before I toss out any opinions. But damn that list sounds disappointing - for builds and figs. I sure hope I'm wrong..

Pictures did little to dispel my notion that this wave will be largely disappointing, but my thoughts on each individual set have sure changed.

The Skull Arena has a nicer build than I anticipated, but unless there's an exclusive mob or ore included, it's an easy pass.

While I was most hopeful for the Skeleton Attack, the build looks thoroughly meh. I'll either buy one on steep discount or just buy the skeleton horse on its own.

Bedrock Adventures appears to be the highlight, being the largest set with the most figs and a cool reconfigurable/ modular type of layout. Still, I'm not seeing anything that gets me really excited for this wave. Nothing screams "Must buy!" But I'm sure kids will love em anyway. 

The summer wave looks very odd, I appreciate the new direction, but I’m more interested in using parts for my own world so they don’t appeal much to me, apart from Bedrock Adventures.

as others had said, story mode sets would be cool.

On 23/11/2017 at 8:00 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Wow, so much new stuff I haven't even noticed in the catalogue pics :wub:

My favourites are:

- Baby Zombie and Baby Pigman (is that a new downsized headpiece?)

- polar bears

- seeds (I think that's what the piece in Alex' hand is representing, looks like seeds printed on a clear 1x1 round tile)

- enchanted axe (however, does anyone in their right mind waste enchantments on axes in the game? :laugh:)

Hi there. My son just picked up 21140 and I couldn't work out what's on the transparent 1 x 1. So, the pattern definitely represents a handful of seeds?

36 minutes ago, marvinblue said:

Hi there. My son just picked up 21140 and I couldn't work out what's on the transparent 1 x 1. So, the pattern definitely represents a handful of seeds?

Definitely. After all, seeds are one of the most common items in Minecraft, I'm actually surprised it them this long. Though I'll admit I'm surprised they aren't green, which is strange .c.

Yep, those pieces are definitely supposed to represent seeds. It look TLG so long to introduce them since it wouldn't have made much sense without any chickens to feed them to, which in turn begs the question why they've waited this long for introducing chickens in the first place :laugh: I'm not complaing (any more) though, the wait was well worth it :thumbup:

Anyone know when the new sets will be released? Summer I am guessing but anyone heard anything specific?

https://brickset.com/sets/21145-1/The-Skull-Arena
https://brickset.com/sets/21146-1/The-Skeleton-Arena
https://brickset.com/sets/21147-1/The-Bedrock-Adventures

By the way I think The Skeleton Arena is actually called 'Skeleton Attack'.

43 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Anyone know when the new sets will be released? Summer I am guessing but anyone heard anything specific?

August.

And no, it's called arena.

3 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

August.

And no, it's called arena.

My reason for Attack and not Arena is because a video from someone mentioned ‘Attack’ and the box art (from another video) shows an attack not an Arena battle. I could always be wrong.... I will try and link videos.

48 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

My reason for Attack and not Arena is because a video from someone mentioned ‘Attack’ and the box art (from another video) shows an attack not an Arena battle. I could always be wrong.... I will try and link videos.

It is named arena in the preliminary catalog.

On 12/05/2018 at 3:24 PM, dimaks13 said:

It is named arena in the preliminary catalog.

Needs me to see this catalog. If only there was a link for that.... ?