Robert8

Minecraft 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

All hail the chicken god! So glad we're finally getting some :wub: The repeats in this wave (especially the igloo) are quite weird though, given there's still stuff they have yet to cover such as the End Villages. Speaking of the Igloo: is that a Stray in that set? Neat, if so :thumbup: 

There's a lot of great sets here! We're also getting a lot of new things too which is exciting! But I think I'm most excited about the Chicken set! 

Those repeats are peculiar! Especially perplexing is the one that looks to be titled The Zombie Cave, considering the original The Cave and The Dungeon sets are both still on shelves, are on perpetual sale, and cover the same source material: Steve + cave + zombies... However, the draw here is the inclusion of a bat and a baby zombie in a set that looks to be about $20 :wub:

My guess, and hope, is that Lego is reinventing the line -- coming back with updated versions of sets where certain blocks and items weren't represented as best they could be in Lego form (i.e. the grate pieces used as ladders now instead of the old ladder brick used in The Cave; the new minecart system now instead of the original design used in The Mine) -- to really get the aesthetic "right" by their standards. If I'm right, us Minecraft fans have many years ahead of Minecraft Lego sets.

These are my Winter 2018 wave highlights:

-Small battlepack-like sets with very useful figs and pieces, shut up and take my money! (Pig riding isn't dead!) 

-It's really blurry, but I think that igloo set comes with a polar bear.. and definitely a stray!

-Chickens!!! Rabbits! And baby zombie/ pigman body mold! It really is gonna be Christmas time! :grin:

For those who are unaware, prelims of the 2018 sets have been leaked online via retailer catalogue. Eurobricks wont allow the leaks to be posted here but you can find them on the LEGO Reddit.

Anyway, the new sets do look fantastic. Not only are we finally getting chickens, but we're getting at least 3 in a relatively cheap set!

I know I am naughty but I cannot find these images at Reddit. So maybe I am a naughty LEGO Minecraft fan that can't search.... Either way I am itching bad to see clear pictures of the sets..... 

2 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I know I am naughty but I cannot find these images at Reddit. So maybe I am a naughty LEGO Minecraft fan that can't search.... Either way I am itching bad to see clear pictures of the sets..... 

Now I am up to speed. Chickens and Igloo are nice. Villager in small set is sweet as well.

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

The image s I saw weren't very good, but I think there was an updated Ghast. With a disc shooter in its mouth instead of a stud shooter. And a Blaze in the same set. Since I didn't want to shell out for a Nether Fortress, this is very good news.

Really? The Cave and The Dungeon are still around? Because I haven't seen them. Where do you find them? (Also, yay baby zombie!)

Plus; we finally have a stray! It's about time! Now we just need a Desert Temple set with a husk or two. (Also, I have a theory on the revamped igloo; you know how, in in-game generated igloos, there's sometimes a basement that contains a priest villager and a priest zombie villager? That feature was missing from the first Lego igloo - I mean, I doubt there'll be an actual basement. But there might be a cell with a villager. ^^)

Weird thing is, I really expected them to give us either an End City or a Woodland Mansion. Maybe it'll be for the summer sets.

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Hey . . . I just noticed something. None of the seven 2018 sets we've seen have Endermen in them.

The only other time this has happened was during the original group of sets in 2014-2015 . . . and that was the line in which we got The Ender Dragon. 

I don't think getting an End City set is out of the ball park just yet . . .

On 12-11-2017 at 7:56 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey . . . I just noticed something. None of the seven 2018 sets we've seen have Endermen in them.

The only other time this has happened was during the original group of sets in 2014-2015 . . . and that was the line in which we got The Ender Dragon. 

I don't think getting an End City set is out of the ball park just yet . . .

The largest sets tend to be released in summer, so there is certainly a chance of an End City set in 2018. :classic: 

Looking forward to see those Stray's up close btw, I'm curious if they are going to use actual cloth pieces. 

Me too. Strays are cool. Here's hoping they do them right. I think I saw that they were using a new, grey-coloured head piece with printing on it to make it look like a skeleton wearing a cloth helmet. I was hoping for a new helmet piece, but that's cool too. 

Fingers crossed we get a desert temple with a husk in the summer wave!

I've found the sets' prices on an Austrian website: http://shop.rieger-puchebner.at/OShop/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductGUID=73f83a91-d6bd-49c6-8b15-e9643c7d987c&ParentProductCategoryGUID=82744ed2-fae1-4937-803a-db53fccefcb3

21138 15€

21139 15€

21140 20€

21141 20€

21142 40€

21143 50€

21144 60€

21138 is called The Melon Farm, so we're finally getting some melons, another essential from my now-dwindling wishlist :thumbup: Now I feel silly for not noticing that sooner, given how many times I examined the leaked catalogue image :grin: Too bad though they seem to be lime green rather than the more appopriate olive green, oh well... Beggars can't be choosers as they say :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I've found the sets' prices on an Austrian website: http://shop.rieger-puchebner.at/OShop/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductGUID=73f83a91-d6bd-49c6-8b15-e9643c7d987c&ParentProductCategoryGUID=82744ed2-fae1-4937-803a-db53fccefcb3

21138 15€

21139 15€

21140 20€

21141 20€

21142 40€

21143 50€

21144 60€

21138 is called The Melon Farm, so we're finally getting some melons, another essential from my now-dwindling wishlist :thumbup: Now I feel silly for not noticing that sooner, given how many times I examined the leaked catalogue image :grin: Too bad though they seem to be lime green rather than the more appopriate olive green, oh well... Beggars can't be choosers as they say :wink:

Are they watermelons then? You've seen a pic? Where? 

Edited by Lego-fire

17 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Are they watermelons then? You've seen a pic? Where? 

Exactly :sweet: I haven't found a new picture, I was talking about the catalogue picture that has surfaced in August :wink: The website I linked to made me realise that one of the small sets contains at least one watermelon, which I haven't noticed before. If you've missed the leak, I'm afraid you're a bit too late now, it has been removed pretty much everywhere :wink: But don't worry, official pictures should be released rather soon given this wave is a January release :thumbup:

^ Will it be a January release though? I seem to remember certain themes' January lines were pushed back until March this year or last. I can't claim to be certain. But I seriously started to wonder if the reason we haven't seen hi-res images of these sets yet is because they aren't arriving until a little later in 2018.

New, hi-res images are up on brickset. Also confirmed they won't be released until March. 

Wow, so much new stuff I haven't even noticed in the catalogue pics :wub:

My favourites are:

- Baby Zombie and Baby Pigman (is that a new downsized headpiece?)

- polar bears

- seeds (I think that's what the piece in Alex' hand is representing, looks like seeds printed on a clear 1x1 round tile)

- enchanted axe (however, does anyone in their right mind waste enchantments on axes in the game? :laugh:)

What i love most about the minecraft sets is that they look so old skool lego. Just bricks. Nice to see that they still sell. No idea who is buying them, but these look just as fun as all the others.