Rick

10259 Winter Village Station

Finally cracked the set open this morning, and built the bus. Did anyone else get "Brum" vibes when building the front? Kind of makes me want to MOC one now, haha. Quite like the bus, but very tempted to change the color. Like others, I'm finding it very school bus.

On 07/10/2017 at 12:18 AM, sunhuntin said:

Finally cracked the set open this morning, and built the bus. Did anyone else get "Brum" vibes when building the front? Kind of makes me want to MOC one now, haha. Quite like the bus, but very tempted to change the color. Like others, I'm finding it very school bus.

So what you need next is a school. There - next year's WV option is now sorted. 

I have still not given in to the temptation to buy even at silly price.

Have ordered a church via Bricklink and will put that in, but the shopper in me wants to buy it.

2 hours ago, Jay66 said:

Have ordered a church via Bricklink and will put that in, but the shopper in me wants to buy it.

Link? I'd love to add a church! 

On 25/08/2017 at 5:48 PM, jdubbs said:

Since they don't increase prices on sets after they've been released, LEGO prices their sets for the (entire) expected lifespan of the set.

This was true before, but not anymore. The Modular bank was £119 when it came out, now it's £129 and I plan on buying it before the end of the year, as I fear it will rise next year. The Detective's office and Parisian Restaurant were £129 in 2016, but £142 this year.

This set is just too much money in the UK for what you get. I had a look at it at the Leicester Square store, and if you look at is as a toy (as it is not more than that), then £50, max £60, would have been a more accurate price for it. I hope many people like me will not buy this set, as to send a signal to the Lego company that we will not accept this. Our house rent prices are ridiculous enough already, we don't need Lego to join that.

On 2017. 10. 14. at 12:52 PM, Jay66 said:

So what you need next is a school. There - next year's WV option is now sorted. 

I have still not given in to the temptation to buy even at silly price.

On 2017. 10. 14. at 3:58 PM, Fenestra said:

Link? I'd love to add a church! 

I'm also very curious about that church, would you mind sharing it, Jay66?

@aukevin Great coffee shop! I was planning on using the WV Train Station as a Coffee Shop, not interested in a train for my WV. Your MOC shows how good extending the main building looks.  Thanks for posting this.

Andy D

11 hours ago, Andy D said:

@aukevin Great coffee shop! I was planning on using the WV Train Station as a Coffee Shop, not interested in a train for my WV. Your MOC shows how good extending the main building looks.  Thanks for posting this.

Andy D

Thanks!  Yeah extending it wasn't bad at all other than having to buy the second set.  I used a few pieces from my spares for the flooring of the coffee shop and the supports underneath, but I didn't have to.  I originally only used pieces from the extra set and was able to extend it.  I just wanted to improve it a little more and used spares.  I did have to use a long 1 x ? gray plate for waiting area's roof to connect to the two black support beams, that was the only piece the extra set didn't offer, but again I think I could have made do with what was offered but it wasn't as structurally sound.

Making one just for the coffee shop works out good with the $10 Christmas Train Ride set from this year because that set comes with a barista minifig.

@aukevin Very nice job on the extension. I was planning something similar and this confirms that it looks much better with a larger platform. Keep up the nice work on your WV!

I just got started on the Train Station / Coffee Shop. I am impressed, there are some very interesting building techniques. I plan to completely build the building, then mod it to fit into my Winter Village as a Coffee Shop and ticket sales for the Village "Mall Kiddie Train". Right now I plan to reduce the base height (so it fits better into my village) and extend the Coffee Shop.

I almost didn't buy this set, I am glad I did now, just for the interesting build if nothing else.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

On 16/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, aakos12 said:

I'm also very curious about that church, would you mind sharing it, Jay66?

There are 3 or 4 church plans with a set of building instructions and, most useful, a list of bricks which you can import straight into Bricklinks, and it will come up with either the cheapest purchasing option or the fewest sources to achieve your full parts. They are on ebay: for example this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Winter-Village-Church-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-fits-10216-10222-10249-10199-etc-/302143260190?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275

or this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Instructions-for-WINTER-VILLAGE-CHURCH-for-LEGO-Bricks-Christmas-/291973733577?epid=863244313&hash=item43fafd9cc9:g:ygUAAOSwImRYK7xs

There are a few others if you look with different church styles. I have gone with traditional English.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the links - 

I actually have the plans for both of those and just bricklinked the second one. It was very affordable! I can't wait to have it added to my WV this season! :)

On 2017. 10. 23. at 9:20 PM, Jay66 said:

There are 3 or 4 church plans with a set of building instructions and, most useful, a list of bricks which you can import straight into Bricklinks, and it will come up with either the cheapest purchasing option or the fewest sources to achieve your full parts. They are on ebay: for example this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Winter-Village-Church-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-fits-10216-10222-10249-10199-etc-/302143260190?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275

or this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Instructions-for-WINTER-VILLAGE-CHURCH-for-LEGO-Bricks-Christmas-/291973733577?epid=863244313&hash=item43fafd9cc9:g:ygUAAOSwImRYK7xs

There are a few others if you look with different church styles. I have gone with traditional English.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I created my own version meanwhile, but it was interesting to see these two as well! :classic:

On 23/10/2017 at 8:26 PM, Fenestra said:

Thanks for the links - 

I actually have the plans for both of those and just bricklinked the second one. It was very affordable! I can't wait to have it added to my WV this season! :)

Happy building! That is the same as the one I have gone for. I have all the bricks now and I am ready to build. This year too I will be having the street lights, buildings and christmas trees all lit up with LEDs.

Still resisting the station box. 

I find it indeed doesn't delivers really that much for its price. This said, I am not that interested into seasonal sets in general and I guess they are made for a smaller market. I find it looks very cute and happy, but just lacks some substance to really impress.

I agree with what Littleworlds said, also not interested in specific seasonal themes, especially ones that cater to one specific group.

Edited by koalayummies

I do not believe this...
According to shop.lego.com (Netherlands), 10259 is discontinued.
What the hell happened here?

That's a quite normal procedure with winter village sets: They are only available at the end of the year (last few months), but for several years. So hopefully it will be available next autumn.

Wow, that's completely new to me.
I've been collecting WV sets for years, but I never noticed that.
It just says "discontinued".
Thanks for the info, @Stefaneris.

Hi Withacee, I too am a bit surprised it went retired so soon and especially before christmas, as hoped to pick it up with some Christmas money. After all it is still winter around these parts.

It makes sense that they also keep the train around for longer if the station becomes available again next year.

WV sets reappearing before Christmas has happened before.