Rick

10259 Winter Village Station

We (people from Belgium, Netherlands, and sometimes France where it is not always as cheap as in Germany either) complain from time to time, but usually they reply some things like that they adapt prices to markets with various criteria.

So from time to time I go to the store in Lille (France) to buy big sets rather than ordering them online. So for example I'll soon go buy the Ninjago City there to spare 30€, that I'll spend at the same time by filling cups at the PaB wall :grin:

To come back to the subject, was it mentioned here how strange it looks that the last wagon of the train hovers above the ground because there weren't enough tracks? *huh*

https://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/10259-1/10259_Back_01.jpg

(I've read that on another forum, and indeed before reading it I didn't really notice how strange it was)

Edited by antp

13 hours ago, antp said:

We (people from Belgium, Netherlands, and sometimes France where it is not always as cheap as in Germany either) complain from time to time, but usually they reply some things like that they adapt prices to markets with various criteria.

So from time to time I go to the store in Lille (France) to buy big sets rather than ordering them online. So for example I'll soon go buy the Ninjago City there to spare 30€, that I'll spend at the same time by filling cups at the PaB wall :grin:

I've been contemplating visiting the Lille store myself, but it's quite a drive from where I live (to the north-east of Brussels roughly). A €5 discount would immediatly be 'burned' on petrol.
Do they have a decent PaB wall? The one in Antwerp/Wijnegem is quite small. On other forums I visit people are often organising group purchases for the larger sets in German stores,
because the large price difference between DE and BE/NL makes it worthwhile.

This is all due to the fact that Lego forces customers to use their local S@H. In contrast a store like Amazon allows you to buy from any of their stores. I do believe there is some regulation
coming on European level to 'force' companies like Lego to offer true international sh(i)(o)pping. The cynical part of me assumes Lego will just up their prices on all stores then, so there won't be
any price difference anymore.

Edited by Humdrum

Some have commented that this set will only appeal to those who already have the train, and thus sales may flounder.  I actually think the opposite will happen.  There will be many who see this set, and buy both this and the train from last year (which is still available, obviously) to create a complete train scene to their Christmas display.

Older sets like toy shop and the christmas train were removed from S@H last February, does anyone know whether they are retired for good, or will be available again only during winter season ?

I found it odd that the train was retired so early after release.

If i readed it correct the train will come back this year, tough i am not 100% sure. You can't always trust what you read on the internet huh ;) 

How about the toy shop ? I'm not so interested in the train, but the toy shop I'd like to get before the price goes up.

I assume it is gone as the typical 2 years shelf life has been reached already.

Maybe some unsold stock is still available, but better hurry up....

Both the Toy Shop and Holiday Train are showing as available (at least in the US S@H store) and didn't disappear as far as I know.  Actually, I just checked again, and the train is now on backorder (but still available to purchase)- that may be a sign that the station has drummed up renewed interest in the train already!

1 hour ago, deraven said:

Both the Toy Shop and Holiday Train are showing as available (at least in the US S@H store) and didn't disappear as far as I know.  Actually, I just checked again, and the train is now on backorder (but still available to purchase)- that may be a sign that the station has drummed up renewed interest in the train already!

The online LEGO Store shows different availability in different regions. In the U.S., the Train and the Toy Shop have been either in stock or available for backorder consistently since their introduction. In the UK and other parts of the world, not so much.

Winter Village sets always disappear from UK Lego site after New Year, and then that one comes back when the new model is released. I do wonder if the train might have a longer life to accompany the station next year as well...

I think the station will sell well as long as the train is also available.  After that, they might have to offer a significant discount to get it off the shelves.  It is not really a standalone set like the others.  

On 27/08/2017 at 11:29 AM, Humdrum said:

I've been contemplating visiting the Lille store myself, but it's quite a drive from where I live (to the north-east of Brussels roughly). A €5 discount would immediatly be 'burned' on petrol.
Do they have a decent PaB wall? The one in Antwerp/Wijnegem is quite small. On other forums I visit people are often organising group purchases for the larger sets in German stores,
because the large price difference between DE and BE/NL makes it worthwhile.

As I'm in Brussels, it is already a little closer, I consider it worth the drive for at least 20€ discount and the joy of the PaB-wall.

Indeed the PaB wall is decent, at least better than Wijnegem (from the few times I went there), but I usually go there only once a year, I don't know how often they change the contents. This time (a few days ago) there were less new items than usual though.

Aren't some German store closer to you? I once went to Köln (further than Lille for me) just to buy the Ghostbusters HQ + the modular Brick Bank, as the total discount compared to Belgium S@H was 70€ (and still significant compared to the French price, this time).

Edited by antp

For the VIP early release, is it only on the 14th or is it available from then on? I ask because I plan on buying during the 22nd on promo to get Lloyd. My brain is acting up...:sadnew: I haven't done an early release buy in some time. 

On 01/09/2017 at 1:10 PM, antp said:

As I'm in Brussels, it is already a little closer, I consider it worth the drive for at least 20€ discount and the joy of the PaB-wall.

Indeed the PaB wall is decent, at least better than Wijnegem (from the few times I went there), but I usually go there only once a year, I don't know how often they change the contents. This time (a few days ago) there were less new items than usual though.

Aren't some German store closer to you? I once went to Köln (further than Lille for me) just to buy the Ghostbusters HQ + the modular Brick Bank, as the total discount compared to Belgium S@H was 70€ (and still significant compared to the French price, this time).

I might check out that store in Köln, thanks for the tip! :)

At times like these I'd like to see Lego provide an online PaB inventory per store, so you could at least check in advance if there's anything worthwhile in those bins.

15 hours ago, Humdrum said:

I might check out that store in Köln, thanks for the tip! :)

At times like these I'd like to see Lego provide an online PaB inventory per store, so you could at least check in advance if there's anything worthwhile in those bins.

Brickbuildr.com has the Köln store's wall updated a week ago. At least, partly. 

I really love this set and $80.00 USD for 902 pieces? That's PERFECT! I was hoping we would get a station since we don't get many Train Stations in LEGO and this might be one of my favorite Seasonal Sets

On 8-9-2017 at 2:21 AM, Vindicare said:

Brickbuildr.com has the Köln store's wall updated a week ago. At least, partly. 

I didn't know that website, thank you for the tip!

On 5.9.2017 at 2:43 AM, Vindicare said:

For the VIP early release, is it only on the 14th or is it available from then on? I ask because I plan on buying during the 22nd on promo to get Lloyd. My brain is acting up...:sadnew: I haven't done an early release buy in some time. 

It should be available from then on.

Nice set, will probably get one when offered at 20% with double VIP points and free gift. I just wish they invested the parts from the bus into the actual station.

2 hours ago, cei said:

Picked up today from LEGO retail shop. Early VIP access.

It came out today?

EDIT: nvm, didn't realize its the 14th. Haven't seen anything on it recently.

Edited by Legocity2713

I ordered two online yesterday, should get delivered tomorrow.  Looking forward to combining them and putting them in my Winter Village.

Here's my village station after combining two sets.  Very happy with the set now,  should have been this size from the start.  Definitely would have been cheaper to brinklink the extra pieces rather than a second purchase because I have a lot of left over pieces. 

The expansion gives me room for two benches plus a walk-up window for the café.

Lego Winter Village Train Station

The extra room in the café allows room for a table. 

I really like the bus in the set.  Here it is stopping at the "train stop" from last year's Winter Train set.