Rick

10259 Winter Village Station

10259 Winter Village Station

36566037612_cea6a0638a_b.jpg

Ages 12+.  902 pieces.

US $79.99 - CA $99.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £74.99 - DK 649.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Head home for the holidays with the Winter Village Station!

Head for home with the festive Winter Village Station holiday set, featuring a snowy railroad station with wreath adorned lampposts and clock tower, platform, mailbox, green trees, snowy grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, and a beautiful, festively decorated bus with opening doors and a luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages. This LEGO® Creator Expert model also includes a ticket counter with a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets to travelers, plus a coffee shop with a serving hatch and a detailed interior with an espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu. Includes 5 minifigures.

• Includes 5 minifigures: a bus driver, barista, grandmother, child and a ticket agent.

• The festively adorned Winter Village Station features a snowy train station with a clock tower, platform, coffee shop, ticket counter, grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, lampposts, mailbox and green trees, plus a bus.

• Ticket counter features a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets.

• Coffee shop features a serving hatch and a detailed interior with espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu.

• Bus features festive decoration, opening doors, luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages, and a removable roof for accessing the detailed interior.

• Drive the happy passengers to the station.

• Raise the barriers to cross the track.

• Grab a newspaper and relax with a warm espresso from the cozy coffee shop.

• Man the ticket booth, serve the travelers and slide the tickets under the serving window.

• Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building!

• Accessories elements include buildable wreaths and wrapped gifts, plus 2 mugs, ticket, newspaper and an envelope.

• Special elements include new 1x1 round plate with horizontal shaft, 4x6 roof element in dark blue, gray microphone element, printed ticket element and shield elements with printed clock-faces.

• Includes 4 straight track pieces to connect with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10254 Winter Holiday Train.

• Winter Village Station measures over 7” (19cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.

• Grade Crossing when closed measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.

• Bus measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
October 1, 2017 via
shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

36736117515_5ab1a18ea6_b.jpg

36565917412_ecfff31785_b.jpg

36596505411_06e8da1478_b.jpg

36596635471_218381db1c_b.jpg

36736069065_9b39388c4a_b.jpg

36566089552_e9634157d9_b.jpg

36566081032_1a4aabf118_b.jpg

35926286103_376e6f3490_b.jpg

35901308804_95551b4b85_b.jpg

36566055692_4d1708b155_b.jpg

36688992286_33f39c4117_b.jpg

36596463591_5bb0df4330_b.jpg

36736140865_deea556c91_b.jpg

36736135565_a5082d7616_b.jpg

36736131235_46987fd6b8_b.jpg

36736126605_28f2ba39bd_b.jpg

36736122035_2961c20d5d_b.jpg

36688936676_97d2413049_b.jpg

I like it! The bus looks great and I love how the little details like the opening at the ticket counter are thought of. The espresso machine is perfect. Here I am in August thinking about Christmastime!

Overall really nice, cozy and neat..BUT..big disappointment due to its size and back which is terrible... Like the Bus though...

I like it! Fits well with the scale and feel of the first few WV sets and will be a great addition to my village. I'm considering getting an extra for MOC purposes

I got the train last year, I was going to get the regular train station which was only $40. Maybe getting this when it is discounted

Hmmm..... It's kinda underwhelming

The train stain station should have been bigger. Maybe a Gift Shop a or Pastry Shop or something, next to the station

It looks good with the train but it's still lacking IMO

The minifigures are also kinda lackluster. I was hoping for the new scarf mold in a new color

Edited by Robert8

It's pretty nice, it fits in very well with the other WV sets (both style-wise and size-wise), and I love that bus.
The figs are a bit unimpressive. No reason not to buy it :classic:

Definitely will have to get two train stations to make it the proper size.  That way you can have room for a table in the coffee shop and a longer platform.

A great addition to the line! As others have mention, I would wish it was bit bigger but as usual a must-have. :thumbup:

I really like the exterior with that corner entrance and tower. Definitly needs to be bigger though, so I can see buying two and mirror building one. I was also hoping for the new scarf, so it looks like I need to buy a couple more of that CMF to satisfy that need.

I like it, it's cute and cosy. But, what's with that UK pricing? It's like the UK and Euro pricing has been flipped.

I like it but I'm gonna be honest: after seeing it (but before seeing the piece count) I thought it would be a $40, maybe $50 set. How did they hide nearly 1,000 pieces in there?

I'll have to take a closer look at the designer video, because it looks way too small from the pics.

It's a nice set, although more floor space inside the station building would have been nice. The recoloured parts are nice, and the level crossing is actually done quite well and almost universal in it's design (I think).
Side note: what is it with LEGO's pictures being over-saturated? I now can't tell whether the bus is mainly bright-light yellow as it appears to be in the designer video, or the standard yellow it looks like in the pictures! The bright green also appears to bright in the pictures, as it always does.

Hard to see where 900 pieces are used in this cute but smallish set.  Used to be that 900 pieces meant something of a decent size.  I guess there area a lot of 1x1 and similar sized bits.   Colour scheme is excellent, though. 

Oh well, I'll buy one of course, or two, but I had been hoping for something better. 

Thanks Rick. This is definite a perfect addition to my Winter series which will accompany well with my Holidah Train. :wub: 

It is cute, but does it deserve the tag "Creator Expert" ?

Only the bus seems complex, but no more than a city "Great Vehicles" set.

Though I wonder how they have done the entrance to the station at that angle ?

It looks nice, but like the train from last year it does not fit into my Winter Village. I am sure many will like  it and expand their Village with a lovely train and station.

Andy D

I like it. I thought it has a nice Harry Potter Hogsmeade feel to it. I like that the price isn't too terrible, the set is on the smaller side, as it should be. Really digging the continuity with the mailbox. Wish they'd do that with the lampposts....

Edit...why couldn't they make the early release on the 22nd?!:cry_sad: 

Edited by Vindicare

Looks great! Will definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

Pros:

- Corner building

- Compatible with the Winter Village Train

- Covfefe Coffee Shop

- Bonus train tracks

- Bus

Cons:

- The station itself is a little small and is in need of a larger interior

- People who didn't buy the train probably won't buy this set either; limited appeal

- Figure selection is fairly bland and one or two additional figures would have been appreciated

- Lack of scenery/side builds

Overall, it's a worthwhile edition to the WV line and invokes the same spirit of the original buildings. Kudos to Lego on this one. :thumbup:

Oh. Brilliant. I really like this station and that bus is awesome. 

I skipped the train last year, but I may get it anyway. Now it fits.