I’ll be in Nuremberg fair... hope to be able to see something more than black curtains...!

Really don’t understand the reason for this secret... Lepin is maybe the cause...

Edited by Rikus

Hi

Hurry un on reading post in 2018 city rumours, follow whung's advice and get the pdf with 2018 catalogue. It has a good image of the forest thing for 2H and the details already shared about the secret 42083

Here's the catalog. Page 40 for Technic.

Slightly less skewed pics and a bigger pic for one set at Page 2. Looking at the pneumatics, the red blade might actually spin...

Edited by LuxorV
Removed link to confidential material.

53 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

Here's the catalog. Page 40 for Technic

Slightly less skewed pics and a bigger pic for one set at Page 2. Looking at the pneumatics, the red blade might actually spin...

No posting of or linking to confidential stuff, mate

Edited by degenerate

On the other hand, that catalog is very revealing. For instance, we now know that 42083 has no power functions and 42080 does. We also now know that there are 4 (!) powered trains?

I assume the link would be removed so if you want the link PM me?

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

4 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

Dont quote it then...

Haha, I just realized that I quoted the link as well...

Removed now tho

Uhm, how can you know 42083 won't have any PF elements when none of us have seen the box yet..?

I doubt it will have any as I'm pretty sure it's going to be a supercar much like the Porsche, but since it's blacked out in the catalogue we can't really know for sure..

Edited by degenerate

I think the box dimensions of 42083 speak volumes. It's 570mm long vs standard 582mm of "normal" large sets (42055,42069,42070,42078,42081,42082) so it's definitely special. 

The box for the app enabled batmobile make it look like it only drives forward and backward. But it may have a rechargeable battery. It not listed as needing any batteries. The 2 new trains on the other hand are listed as needing 10 AAA sized batteries. 

However, none of these carry the Power Functions logo. The older trains do.

12 minutes ago, deehtha said:

However, none of these carry the Power Functions logo. The older trains do.

They do, actually.

It's near impossible to make out in the pdf, but I can assure you that the grey smudge to the left of the new 1x2 brick or controller or w/e it is, says power functions.

Remember that time when TLG unveiled a monstrous machine, the biggest Technic set ever, at Nuremberg Toy Fair? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Good old times...

1 hour ago, deehtha said:

But it may have a rechargeable battery. It not listed as needing any batteries.

It has "batteries not included" in the top right corner of the box.

4 hours ago, degenerate said:

42083 won't have any PF elements when none of us have seen the box yet..?

There was a list stating the amount of batteries each set with PF will require. 42083 was not on the list.

4 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

There was a list stating the amount of batteries each set with PF will require. 42083 was not on the list.

The batmobile is not there too, and it requiers batteries. So it doesn't really confirm anything.

Edited by dimaks13

16 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

True, but even if there is PF in it I doubt it would be on that list, as they've kept everything else about it secret.
I don't doubt you're wrong, as I said earlier 42083 is most likely another supercar without PF like the Porsche, which makes sense because 42082 has the front flap that's typical for a flagship, but I still hope I'm wrong about the supercar,
cars are boring :laugh:

Edited by degenerate

I looked at the batmobile, and it is pretty fugly.:sick:. It does not look like any Batmobile I've ever seen, instead looking more like something a kid would make. I'm willing to bet it uses the boost hub, and is thus skid steer. It's rather dumb.:hmpf_bad:

8 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I looked at the batmobile, and it is pretty fugly.:sick:. It does not look like any Batmobile I've ever seen, instead looking more like something a kid would make. I'm willing to bet it uses the boost hub, and is thus skid steer. It's rather dumb.:hmpf_bad:

That is indeed the case, but let's try to see things from a different angle. At least TLG is venturing into the app controlled non-IR electronics. That is a great leap forward. So Batmobile ugly....most definitely! New eletronics cool....most definitely!

22 hours ago, ctx1769 said:

No Lego at London toy fair, Nuremberg toy fair no photos and only summer releases upto June 1st at New York toy fair. We wants to see 42083. 

This story from brickset homepage. 

So LEGO is getting really sharp this year.
As most of you know, it's a big surprise.

I guess for me it comes down to weather or not the batmobile is built from separate components or on a single prebuilt block, like the RC cars released 1996.

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

I guess for me it comes down to weather or not the batmobile is built from separate components or on a single prebuilt block, like the RC cars released 1996.

I'd say a controllable brick like Boost. In fact, maybe just a black version of the Boost hub.

Ide say that was most likely. I'm guessing it's gonna sell very well to younger Lego fans so it might be a proprietary controllable brick with an inbuilt steering front axle designed just for this set, but with the possibility of being used again in later sets.  It almost looks too small for a boost brick.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I'd say a controllable brick like Boost. In fact, maybe just a black version of the Boost hub.

Might be a "Boost light" unit without external connectors that can be used for future simple app controlled vehicles.

59 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Might be a "Boost light" unit without external connectors that can be used for future simple app controlled vehicles.

Something like that indeed. 

4 hours ago, allanp said:

It almost looks too small for a boost brick.

Maybe Boost Light.

Another catalog=based observation: the box for the 42083 is much longer than that of 42056 but only as tall as that of 42080. I have the tiniest hunch that it will not be a car with such dimensions.

Taking the existing Boost circuit board and repackaging it in a smaller case minus some not needed components and reusing code from the Boost app would be a quick way to get another product up and running at a lower development cost.  Hope someone will do a tear down and see if that is the case.