46 minutes ago, wanyangluo said:

Will 42083 be a VOLVO FH750?:look:

Have you not read any of this thread? It would not be a Volvo like that.

For the eleventy zillionth time, we know literally nothing about 42083 aside from the number. Milan might get involved if somebody else asks "Will 42083 be X?" I'm a little bit tired of people asking this question. If we knew, it would be posted.

What about a different thread, locked and edited only by the Moderators, in which only the certified information about 2018 sets can be posted?

35 minutes ago, Catalinanmb said:

What about a different thread, locked and edited only by the Moderators, in which only the certified information about 2018 sets can be posted?

Then there would ne only two pages for that topic :laugh:

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, Catalinanmb said:

We already have that page. We call it brickset.

8 hours ago, wanyangluo said:

Will 42083 be a VOLVO FH750?:look:

Hi. Welcome to EB. 

Please don't start speculation in this topic. Let's try to stick to the information at hand. There's a lot of speculation in the speculation and wishlist topic. Let's keep it there.

34 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

We already have that page. We call it brickset.

Ba dum tssss.

We try to keep this topic to facts, but we do talk about prelim images, so it sometimes is speculation. However, a topic with facts only....don't think it would work. When we have actual info we tend to start a topic for that specific set, which renders the factual topic useless.

On 14/01/2018 at 3:23 AM, Saberwing40k said:

Have you not read any of this thread? It would not be a Volvo like that.

For the eleventy zillionth time, we know literally nothing about 42083 aside from the number. Milan might get involved if somebody else asks "Will 42083 be X?" I'm a little bit tired of people asking this question. If we knew, it would be posted.

And how many page about the suposed new dogbone? Just as boring and uninteresting.

3 hours ago, Timoonn said:

And how many page about the suposed new dogbone? Just as boring and uninteresting.

That's not the same though, there is an image to back up that discussion, but in the case of 42083 we have literally nothing to base any speculations on.

6 minutes ago, degenerate said:

That's not the same though, there is an image to back up that discussion, but in the case of 42083 we have literally nothing to base any speculations on.

True.

Whether the dogbone is interesting or not is irrelevant. We all have seen it, which makes it a topic for discussion. The 42083 is being discussed in the wishlist and speculation topic, because that's all it is.

Speaking of dog bone, has anyone found any new parts (excluding recolours) for 1H2018, apart from the Mack dog?

That's quite disappointing. After the new pins/axles and other small parts in 2015/2016, it feels like Technic is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to new molds.

Well, they won't make new parts for the sake of making new parts. If the current range of parts is enough to build the sets, then so be it. Is it such a big deal ?

With all the new pins other small parts and some new panels lately, it feels quite complete. Maybe 2018 is a year where the existing parts are used in new ways, rather than adding new parts.

4 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

With all the new pins other small parts and some new panels lately, it feels quite complete. Maybe 2018 is a year where the existing parts are used in new ways, rather than adding new parts.

I think that's a good idea. Plus, there are so many great parts that have been rare or exclusive previously, like the Volvo bucket, that should be used more (and in the case of said bucket, will be).

Ah yes, the few small pins of 2015 and 2016, oh and the V2 pneumatics, new turn table, new telescopic pieces, Porsche wheels and tyres and wheel arches, class tyres and the BWE quarter ring gear thingy. Perhaps it's no surprise that 2017 only brought a piece of string, they spent all the new parts budget!

Edited by allanp

Not to get off topic but it appears that the general lego technic boards are getting flooded by a chinese spammer. Any chance a moderator can boot the responsible user.

3 minutes ago, UVAChEEngineer said:

Not to get off topic but it appears that the general lego technic boards are getting flooded by a chinese spammer. Any chance a moderator can boot the responsible user.

I did the report button... :angry: Hopefully the user is quickly booted.

Edited by Aventador2004

Just now, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I'm reporting as many as possible. 

That's what I did, I hate spambots!!!!

12 hours ago, Huaojozu said:

That's quite disappointing. After the new pins/axles and other small parts in 2015/2016, it feels like Technic is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to new molds.

It's funny how new parts are so eagerly expected. I see nothing wrong simply getting new sets with possibly new ways to use existing parts. IMHO, new parts are the least creative way to solve a problem and that's not what Lego is about... On a personal note, I used to resent the move to studless and the plethora of specialized parts that it brought. I've come to peace with it but I would much much rather see new creative solutions using existing parts than new parts... where's the fun in that ?

Edited by tohan
typo

4 minutes ago, tohan said:

It's funny how new parts are so eagerly expected....

True. We have literally been spoiled with new parts the last couple of years. New tires, panels, turntables, turntable rings, connectors, etc. Yet, people always are asking for new parts. That's more or less the same thing with new sets. When pictures of 1H sets have been released people start asking for 2H pictures, and so on. It's always about the next thing instead of the present. It's probably human nature, and a logical consequence of discussion forums, but it always surprises me. And to be honest, I might have done the same in the past :wink: 

11 hours ago, Leewan said:

Well, they won't make new parts for the sake of making new parts. If the current range of parts is enough to build the sets, then so be it. Is it such a big deal ?

This :thumbup:

And yes, I know we would all love to get new engines, hubs, suspensions, etc. But I for one am very happy with the parts that TLG provided the last couple of years.

Just now, Jim said:

When pictures of 1H sets have been released people start asking for 2H pictures, and so on. It's always about the next thing instead of the present.

That is very true indeed. I've been tempted to remove myself entirely from this thread just to avoid spoilers but I haven't succeeded so far... well, I'll have to try that for the 2019 line-up... (talking of which, I wonder what new parts we'll get then... :laugh:)

16 minutes ago, tohan said:

That is very true indeed. I've been tempted to remove myself entirely from this thread just to avoid spoilers but I haven't succeeded so far... well, I'll have to try that for the 2019 line-up... (talking of which, I wonder what new parts we'll get then... :laugh:)

:laugh: :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Leewan said:

I'm not so sure about that. I don't think I'm the only one that bought a set just because of "that new piece". And it keeps people's interest and curiousity on new models for a longer time. I'm not saying it's their main strategy for selling sets, but it helps :)