51 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Lets not get into baseless speculation again, Lego has licensing ties with Ferrari (which might extend to Fiat, Alfa and Maserati), Ford, GM (with at least chevrolet and corvette included), VAG (VW, Audi, Porsche, Bugatti and Lambo have models, Skoda, Seat, Bentley, Ducati might be included), BMW (which could include Rolls Royce), Mercedes, Renault (no released product, but Ltd sets) and McLaren, and im not even sure that is all of them

Even if we knew 100% sure 42083 is a "supercar" from an existing license, and we are assuming only models currently in production, that probably gives at least 50 options

You're right it could be anything, so lets wait :wink:

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

But U.Wabra is on rally car - look at instructions...

U Wabra has never appeared on any Technic Designer videos as far as I remember. Someone else will do the talking about the sets for him.

Based on what evidence? We currently have no evidence for what 42083 is. It could be a 6x6 Honda for all we know. I highly suspect it's not any sort of current production car, as then there would be no reason for secrecy. I think it might be a Toyota Supra, the new, massively hyped one, but any guess, without a source, is empty speculation. If we go into speculation, it will degenerate into a wish list topic, and that makes it harder to read.

Also, I for one am extremely disappointed that Lego is not allowing photography at the Toy Fair, but what takes that right into stupid territory is not allowing write ups. So, what's the point of inviting journalists if they can not tell people what they've seen? Why even go to a toy show at all? But, I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Maybe something was communicated badly, or we have something not translated right. It would be a risky move for Lego, and once again, a rule meant to stop miscreants ends up just making life hard for everyone else. Those bootleg makers will get images out, one way or another, as they'd be the kind of people to use spy cameras, and then Lego risks their relationship with blogs and fan sites, by not allowing photographs or write ups. We shall see.

18 hours ago, ShowsOn said:

Given that Arocs has now been retired, any chance that 42083 could be the Mercedes-AMG GT R:

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/vehicles/gt/coupe/gt-r.html

It was released last year, It has a dual turbo V8 and a 7 speed gear box. It also has 4 wheel steering which would be interesting in a Technic super car. It has adjustable active suspension, and variable under body aerodynamics.

It also comes in green. :)

8880 supercar has 4 wheel steering. I know this because it is sitting on my lego shelf for 20 odd years now ?

Sorry did not see someone has already mentioned the 8880 above

Edited by AdrienHolden
Tunnel vision

13 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

U Wabra has never appeared on any Technic Designer videos as far as I remember. Someone else will do the talking about the sets for him.

Even elusive Alfred Pedersen appeared in a video, even though it was nearly a decade ago: 

This makes Uwe the only designer to never appear in a video.

15 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

He is an old-school engineer who works and does not practise phylosophy :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Or maybe he just has speech impairment :grin:

:roflmao:

s

Edited by Spooky
Converted oversized images into the links.

Uwe Wabra did appear in official video, but not as a speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaC9iY0zTSc

Without going into details: some personalities are great in creative activities, mathematics, focusing on details (characteristically introverted), some are great speakers, motivators, but not interested in details (characteristically extroverted). There is no good or bad, there are strengths and weaknesses considering a certain task, these can be used, improved if one recognizes them and wants to, and different personalities can greatly piece together in a team. These attributions rarely meet in one person - I would say it is more-less schizophrenic than :classic:. I assume Uwe is a very introverted person, not interested in publicity, but very committed to his work.

OFF: If somebody is interested more in personality types, I leave a link here about Jung's theory in short: http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/type

9 minutes ago, Milan said:

@Spooky

Please take care of maximum images size.

sorry I am not very active member of this site..how can I make smaller ?

Edited by Spooky

1 minute ago, Spooky said:

sorry I am not very active member of this site..how can I make smaller ?

No problem, we are here to help :thumbup:

First, I would suggest you to use some image hosting site that allows you to resize pictures on-site, meaning you can choose what size you want to paste here. Good examples are Flickr or Bricksafe. 
So, upload pictures there, choose size you want (1024 or smaller) and just paste link here. That's it :classic:

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

No problem, we are here to help :thumbup:

First, I would suggest you to use some image hosting site that allows you to resize pictures on-site, meaning you can choose what size you want to paste here. Good examples are Flickr or Bricksafe. 
So, upload pictures there, choose size you want (1024 or smaller) and just paste link here. That's it :classic:

I fixed is it ok now..?

Bricksafe is a great site..Thanks..:)

Just one suggestion - there is a topic exclusively for 42077 so perhaps you could also post your experience there, not just here :wink:

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Or maybe he just has speech impairment :grin:

You mean, he speaks Danish! :tongue:

1 hour ago, WvG_853 said:

You mean, he speaks Danish! :tongue:

That's racist. :laugh: But it would be good to hear Uwe finally talk about what he's designed, especially given that there's some clever and authentic stuff in 42077 like the rollcage. I was mightily frustrated when Andrew Woodman showed up in the set video (not that I don't want to hear what he has to say either).

21 minutes ago, wanyangluo said:

Will 42083 be a VOLVO FH750?:look:

Considering we have both a licensed Volvo set and a licensed truck for this year I think that’s impossible