16 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I know people that buy sets just for the minifigures and then sell the rest of the set on Ebay. :laugh:

I know people that buy the set for the set and sell the minifigures on EBay :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

I know people that buy the set for the set and sell the minifigures on EBay :laugh:

That is me all the way!

35 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

That is me all the way!

And years ago I was looking for Futuron and Blacktron minifigs...:sceptic:

Sometimes we have to look on other themes because in other themes some tehnic (compatible / usefull) parts (and /or recoloring) are used and introduced...Like Tumbler 2014 with (guess what) Tubler tires and Unimog tired + portal axes...When we are ended on axles; a bit change in direction - someone mentioned 3 steeting modes on 42082 set (and drivetrain...), so probably hubs from CLAAS Xerion / Porsche are used?

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

Weren't there rumors of a technic RC batmobile a few years ago?

Yeah, some thought that was what 42056 was going to be. 

IF it is controlled by a phone, maybe it will be a one piece RC chassis, like in the Racers sets. 

8183-1.pngbb396c01.jpg?0

8 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Yeah, some thought that was what 42056 was going to be. 

IF it is controlled by a phone, maybe it will be a one piece RC chassis, like in the Racers sets. 

That's . what I thought of immediately!

That's also what the Boost hub basically is, but with auxiliary outputs. That's why I think the new receiver will be a "Boost lite".

26910c01.png

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

And years ago I was looking for Futuron and Blacktron minifigs...:sceptic:

Never had those... Sorry.

Woah! 2000 posts!

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Sometimes we have to look on other themes because in other themes some tehnic (compatible / usefull) parts (and /or recoloring) are used and introduced...Like Tumbler 2014 with (guess what) Tubler tires and Unimog tired + portal axes...

Very true! I look to the Star Wars buildable figures for cool and strange Technic parts. 

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

years ago I was looking for Futuron and Blacktron minifigs...:sceptic:

I have a few, quite strange but cool. 

14 hours ago, allanp said:

Phew! For a moment I thought you meant the 42083 was a sodding batmobile! That would have been disappointing, but if it's not taking the 42083 slot, keeping that free for something better suited to showing how good technic can be, then I wouldn't resent it so much!

Oh come on, I think a Batmobile would be a great subject for a Technic set. You have all the standard supercar functions, plus things like deployable weapons, ejector seat, an interesting canopy, and other nifty functions. The Batmobile in Arkham Knight, in particular,

arkham_knight_batmobile___schematic_with

You have a variable wheelbase, an interesting suspension and steering system, and a retractable turret system. Plus, a deployable rear seat, and front ejector seat. I would nerdgasm if Lego made one of these with full functionality.

I just really freaking hope that Lego goes for an actual Technic chassis with standard motors, and just have the receiver be a new part. It would be extremely disappointing to have Lego make a new receiver and motor set that is entirely one part. It would be just as much so to have them just reuse the Boost hub. I really question Lego's decision on that part. But, I don't think they'd do it. I'd think they'd either have a separate receiver and use an AAA battery box, or they'd come out with a rechargeable battery with included receiver, along the lines of a BuWizz. Why? It would give them much more freedom to design the Batmobile around a number of separate parts rather than one large block. But, I'm not getting my hopes up, it's only a 442 piece set, and it costs like 100 euro. Although, that is to be expected, given that it is a licensed and remote control set.

Although, it would be kind of silly for Lego to design a new receiver and motor block. Such a thing would be rather expensive to design and build, and would have extremely limited reuse potential. Boost is kind of an exception to that, but I think programable bricks are thought of somewhat differently. Lego would probably want to kill two birds with one stone when it comes to a new electronic part.

As an aside, I can not believe that Lego has not come out with a new, better control scheme for Power Functions. 2.4ghz is stupid cheap now, and I see plenty of companies do worldwide distribution, and have no problems with regulations. Since you can get a cheap 2.4ghz drone for $20, I refuse to believe that Lego could not make a 2.4ghz receiver for the same cost. I'd argue 2.4ghz is arguably superior to Bluetooth in this application, given that it is far more plug and play, which would be very advantageous to Lego. Oh well, at least we the fans have options, even if they aren't made by Lego.

An interesting note about the Batmobile, it comes packaged 4 sets/carton, which is the same as 42075.

This should mean that the price will end up somewhere in the span of 50-70 eur, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up more expensive because of the app controlled mumbo jumbo, and because it's a licensed set. My initial guess of 100 euro is hopefully, and most likely, wrong.

It looks awful though.

Edited by degenerate

51 minutes ago, degenerate said:

Batmobile will release with 2h in August and will have 442pcs assuming the box is correct.

That's a standard placeholder piece count for preliminary images.

6 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

That's a standard placeholder piece count for preliminary images.

Ah, we'll have to wait and see then, it doesn't look like a big set though so it might not be far off anyways.

So speculation about the make of a 2018 Technic IP car was not ok but it´s fine to spend 2 thread pages discussing a totally different Lego subtheme?

13 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

So speculation about the make of a 2018 Technic IP car was not ok but it´s fine to spend 2 thread pages discussing a totally different Lego subtheme?

Some people suspect it could be of Technic construction

27 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

That´s speculation......

One could argue that the control unit is a sort of technical element, but I see where you're coming from.

It's because we know it's a Batmobile, and it is RC. For 42083, we literally know the set number, and that's it. It might be a Helicarrier, for all we know. We're discussing whether or not the Batmobile would have a useful controller or not.

Also, @degenerate, have you seen a picture, or no?

I have seen the picture, yes.
It doesn't look like any of the Batmobiles from the actual movies, so I'm guessing it has to be from the Lego movie or something.
The body looks to be 12 studs wide, with the wheels protruding another 1-2 studs on each side.
The wheels look like the small balloon ones.

7 minutes ago, degenerate said:

I have seen the picture, yes.
It doesn't look like any of the Batmobiles from the actual movies, so I'm guessing it has to be from the Lego movie or something.
The body looks to be 12 studs wide, with the wheels protruding another 1-2 studs on each side.
The wheels look like the small balloon ones.

So, no chevron treads like the DCCEU Batmobile? Boring. :grin:

The catalogue says nothing about Arkham Knight.
It says "76112  App-controlled Batmobile", and that's all.

And with that I'll leave the discussion, what kind of Batmobile it is is kind of off topic here.

Edited by degenerate

8 minutes ago, Seasider said:

@degenerate if you google search “Arkham knight bat mobile” does it look like that?

this is the last car from the computer games

Not really, no.

And as I said, the discussion of what version of Batmobile it is should probably continue in the appropriate forum section as it has nothing to do with technic.

I probably uncovered strange distortion in 42082 image, crane boom might have triangular or trapezoid cross-section, something like this:

index.jpg.93255b9331d80ce510ae4c9ab82ad4f4.jpg

It's probably 7M wide on the real model, otherwise I have no idea how to fit extending part inside of it.