Just now, jojotakeda said:

would like to be pmed with picture too :) happy holiday

Like I stated earlier, don't ask for pictures in this topic.

Would you like to receive a reminder about not asking for pic as well?

Edited: Jim is faster than me haha

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I know we are all eager, but let's try to be patient :sweet:

I love the sound of the 2H models, some great variety in there.. can't wait for the images (official ones, obviously!). 3 days until i unwrap the porsche and bwe that are under my tree - busy few days for me! Then i can start looking forward to next years sets.

Lego is still awesome 30 yrs after my first set (853). Simple as that!!

The flagship doesnt look like it has 2590 pcs. So it's likely that the Mack will be the set with highest piece count this year.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The flagship doesnt look like it has 2590 pcs. So it's likely that the Mack will be the set with highest piece count this year.

If you're talking about 42082 I think you're right, but I wouldn't write it off completely just yet.

As to 42083 we will have to wait and see, if it's another supercar it could beat the Mack in terms of part count, maybe.

Just now, degenerate said:

If you're talking about 42082 I think you're right, but I wouldn't write it off completely just yet.

As to 42083 we will have to wait and see, if it's another supercar it could beat the Mack in terms of part count, maybe.

Looking at the tires and length of the boom shaft (at least 4x11 studs) I think 42082 might be a lot bigger than it seems. And also a lot higher...

I've just noticed '82 comes in a 57×48x17 box. Those are the same dimensions with the box of the the one and only 42055 BWE O___O

All other flagships come in 57x48x12 or 57x48x9. No idea why it needs such a exceptionally big box when it looks nowhere near the BWE. Even the Unimog comes in 57x48x9.

And I spotted MK on the boom. So Markus strikes again.

I think I spotted a new part. It's the dog bone frame 3x7 (instead on 3x5 as usual) in red.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, rener said:

Looking at the tires and length of the boom shaft (at least 4x11 studs) I think 42082 might be a lot bigger than it seems. And also a lot higher...

Yeah, there is a small image on the box which shows the height of the crane with the boom extended, unfortunately it's too small to make out what the numbers say.

I'm gonna try and get a sense of the height based on the diameter on the wheels in a bit, just finishing up lunch at work then I'll get back on it  :classic:

to be honest, I really like the Volvo Autonomous. when Construction Can be COOL. :-D

Harvester in the other hand... that rainbow colour... I am big fan of pneumatic sets, Plus its got some very interesting parts, esp that harvest head. But.. That colour... lol

Edited by jojotakeda

My first impression:

42079: TLG has been long overdue to release a proper forklift, IMO. This one is small, and for that reason probably not very detailed. But if functions are well executed, it might be worth getting.

42080: looks a bit of a mess, color-wise. But a lot of pneumatic hoses and impressieve saw-blade!

42081: I don't quite understand the point of getting this if you already have 42030. Kind of strange/futuristic looking shovel.

42082: really 855 on steroids: very big and red! Looks like it can reach a very impressive height!

The harvester looks better in the catalog tbh.

The lime green looks like the one in 42065 and the darker green looks like the one in 42008, it doesn't look that bad I think, just my shitty camera messing it up  :laugh:

Edit: Okay so, I tried measuring the height of the crane in relation to the height of the tires, and it's a guessing game really...
The crane measures 12mm high and a tire is anything between 1-1,5mm, hard to get a good measurement.
I doesn't look like there's 3 numbers on there though, my guess would be it says 85 or 95cm on the box, looks like either one if you ask me.

Edited by degenerate

15 minutes ago, jojotakeda said:

Harvester in the other hand... that rainbow colour... I am big fan of pneumatic sets, Plus its got some very interesting parts, esp that harvest head. But.. That colour... lol

Prelim maybe.

I've done some research on box sizes and here's what I've learned:

42079: same box with 42050 Fire Plane..

42080. same box with 42039 24 Hour Race Car.

42081. same box with 42054 CLAAS Xerion but is 1 cm thicker

42082: same box with 42055 BWE. Still dont understand why it needs such a big box.

Still dont understand why it needs such a big box.

because it is huge, perhaps?

I think it's comparable to the Unimog at best. Or maybe the Volvo loader. Unimog box is 57x48x9, while Volvo box is only 57x48x12. This 42082 box is 57x48x17...

42082: same box with 42055 BWE. Still dont understand why it needs such a big box.

It's to make room for all the Billund air :laugh:
Jokes aside, maybe there's a new part that takes up a fair bit of space in the box (please be an XL turntable) or something, or it's just a trick to get people to think it's bigger than it is.
Although it does look massive and you never know whats going on inside of it, could be packed full of gears or whatnot.
I think the actual size of the model will surprise most of us.

@Bartybum The small things next to the forest harvester are a chainsaw and a thing I don't know the english name for, it's like an X shaped stand that you use when cutting logs, if that makes sense :classic:

Edited by degenerate

Having seen all four, they all look like really playable sets, which is an amazing plus.

42079 Forklift Truck: first thing I noticed is the LBG Arocs gear rack in the arm. Can confirm that the set definitely uses cables (a roller can be seen at the top of the arm. I really appreciate that the designer went as far as to include an exhaust stack and hubcaps too. In general the whole set appears to have an incredibly clean design, which I love.

42080 Forest Harvester: Aside from the struggling colour identity, this set also looks very interesting, with a lot going on. Double large pneumatic cylinders as well as what’s likely to be small cylinders (hidden behind the grabber) is a big plus. The designer also included small details like exhaust stacks, which is to be appreciated. The seat is a blue curved panel like in the powerboat from 2016. Can anyone comment on the two bits sitting next to the harvester? I’m not sure what they are...

42081 Volvo Autonomous: Holy... this thing looks amazing. It looks like something straight out of science fiction, and I love the insectoid look it has. The camera boom sticking out of the rear is a really cool addition. The drone is super cute and is colour coordinated with the loader. I can see a curved yellow panel acting as the drone body. I really dig the 3-spoke rims it has over the CLASS tyres. Also, unless they’re just black 6L dishes mounted backwards in the wheels (probable), we might be getting large wheels in black with yellow trim. Final note on the 3-spoke rims, they look to be the CCBS knee guards in yellow!

42082 Rough Terrain Crane: Aw man, another beauty. That boom looks really long but super sturdy. The wheels have hubs which is nice. The crane is quite similar to the Zoomlion RT55. The red and black colour scheme is quite different to what you’d expect from a crane. I think I would’ve preferred blue and DBG instead of red and black, but I’m content with what we’ve got. It’ll be interesting to see if the cabin can pitch upwards as well. The exposed engine is interesting but I think I can forgive it since the rest of the set definitely makes up for it.

I’ve never had this feeling, but I genuinely feel like all the 2H sets are a must buy. They’re beautifully designed with a very satisfying focus on functions as well as looks. I’m very impressed that these actually look like they’re of the same standards as some great MOCs we see.

Technic has clearly had a fat budget this year

Edited by Bartybum

I think it's comparable to the Unimog at best. Or maybe the Volvo loader. Unimog box is 57x48x9, while Volvo box is only 57x48x12. This 42082 box is 57x48x17...

Well, it has Unimog tires, a lot of red/black panels and a lot of additional LBG panels and beams, with which you seem to be able to construct some kind of house...

Just now, rener said:

Well, it has Unimog tires, a lot of red/black panels and a lot of additional LBG panels and beams, with which you seem to be able to construct some kind of house...

All that doesn’t account for the box being the same size as that of 42055... *huh*