6 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Wow, the lack has great steering lock, at 0:30!

I take back my earlier complaints, Mack Anthem first when I get this set.

Well garbage truck is interesting...

@LvdH, perhaps this video should (also) be in this topic

Edited by I_Igor

I'll definitely be motorising that binwagon - the manual functions look rather laborious.

42039: "hey just give me an actual minute to lift up this engine cover"

On 12/5/2017 at 1:43 AM, Leewan said:

42066 is Medium Blue :

42066-1.jpg?201611300919

42059 is Medium Azure :

42059-1.jpg?201611101158

42070 and 42074 are Dark Azure :

42070-1.jpg?20170703012642074-1.jpg?201710270718

Now here's 42077 :

42077-1.jpg?201712040938

On official pictures lighting can be deceitful, but 42077 really seems to be dark azure.

Sorry, felt I should leave the images in for comparison, but seeing them together, I would agree dark azure.  

Any idea when these last 4 sets get released. I know from past experience, you generally see smaller 1H sets just before Xmas, sometimes all, this was the case in 2015 and 2016 here in the US. We got jacked with the larger 1H sets last winter and had to wait until 2H releases. Just wondered if anybody had any info on it? 

Since coming out of dark ages in late 2004, I've never seen any 1H releases in November.  

lego.com has them listed for dec 26th in my country, the usually show up in shops in the second week of january, although the big sets might take a while here, smaller shops have space for just one or two big technic sets, so they might have to move some 52 or 66 stock first

Hey guys, anyone know why LEGO does this?

In Canada, the 42077 is selling for 139.99 and has 1005 pcs.

The 42076, on the other hand, sells for 109.99 and hs 1020 pcs.

They are both manual. Why is there such a big difference?

EDIT: I also have 1 more question. Why is the 42078 the only set not being released on Jan 1 2018 in Canada? Has anyone else seen such occurrences?

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Hmm, I always thought from pictures that it'd be dark azure (and also the last blue sets, the 6x6 truck and the yacht, are dark azure too), but the video now makes me think about medium blue...

I don't mind either colour, as long as TLG chooses only one and sticks with it! :hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

EDIT: I also have 1 more question. Why is the 42078 the only set not being released on Jan 1 2018 in Canada? Has anyone else seen such occurrences?

# of pieces is not only factor for price.  42077 is more expensive in other countries as well.

It is not uncommon for a H1 set not to be released in NA.

3 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Could be because of all sorts of tricky things like the parts count doesn't tell you anything about the type of part, how much material is involved, how much of the production machinery does that part tie up versus how many sets require that part, how many additional handling or processes steps are required or even how much design cost was involved

or it could be because of marketing and perception of relative value/size/interest.

6 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well 42077 has differential, suspension parts, engine, more expensive wheels...probably there is a price difference for every type (and size and complexivety) of part, just compare prices of particular parts, last summer example 42070 was more expensive with less parts than 42069 :wink:

8 hours ago, Migui94 said:

-video-

Yay, finally it is confirmed medium blue!! Or is it...?:wacko:

7 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

all this colour confusion makes me want to rebuild one in red or black, keep it simple :)

ha - ha or black and light bluish gray :laugh:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Well 42077 has differential, suspension parts, engine, more expensive wheels...probably there is a price difference for every type (and size and complexivety) of part, just compare prices of particular parts, last summer example 42070 was more expensive with less parts than 42069 :wink:

I would say there is no probably about it :laugh: a wheel and tire has to cost more then two black pins. Also I suspect there is not much going on under the hovercraft deck.

11 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

There isn't much of a correlation between price and piece count. However the correlation between price and weight is fairly strong. 

8 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Also I suspect there is not much going on under the hovercraft deck.

Probably just gears for lowering / raising front deck...

There is also a shaft connecting the wheels to the propeller fans, and a steering system. According to the description the fans will rotate when you push the hovercraft. There can be a differential, but I don't think it's likely.

The price of a set isn't decided depending on its part count, weight, functions or whatever other measure or quality. The price of a set is decided to be the price that the sales team thinks will give them the most profit. That's what a sales team does (among other things). Also, sets don't need to pay for themselves, as long as all sets together pay for the whole company.

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

all this colour confusion makes me want to rebuild one in red or black, keep it simple :)

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

ha - ha or black and light bluish gray :laugh:

Only orange has a chance :wink:

Just now, technic_addict said:

Only orange has a chance :wink:

With black rims, hm not bad idea :wink:

It's true that any company will charge whatever price brings the most profit. But that tends to be more spread over TLGs entire range of products from all themes. When comparing two specific sets however, its interesting that the correlation between price and weight happens to be very strong, which is more useful for us fans that are trying to decipher why one set costs X amount compared to another set. More weight means more pieces, larger more complex pieces, assemblies counted as one piece like a suspension strut, power functions, or any combination of these. I don't know the weights of the rally car or the hover craft, but I would say the rally car is heavier with its large tyres and wheels, suspension parts, despite having less parts than the hovercraft, so with the correlation between weight and price being so strong ide expect the rally car to cost more.