And how is Ponsse pronounced btw? Is it /pons/ or /pon-seh/ or /pon-sei/ or sth?

I know there's no Ponsse in 2H 2018 and discussing that name isnt really relevant to the topic but I just wanna pretend for a moment 42080 is one...

16 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And how is Ponsse pronounced btw? Is it /pons/ or /pon-seh/ or /pon-sei/ or sth?

With the company being Finnish and what basic I know of Finnish pronunciation, I'm pretty sure it's close to pon-seh.

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

Off Topic:

I would rather say Ponsse. Pons-se . no pauses between the s's, but rather a longer s sound, than a single s.

http://jkorpela.fi/finnish.pronunciation.html for some tips.

42080 could be made to look like a Ponsse machine.

You'd really need to slim out the arm. On 42080 it looks clunky and inelegant.

I need to stock up on batteries, It seems like everything I want now has Power Functions. Not really a bad thing, just expensive.

#42080 is a vehicle type I don't recall seeing done previously in Technic. #42082 looks impressive, hopefully it doesn't have the flaws of previous giant cranes. Judging by the accessory pieces, they both fall into the approximate 1/18 scale that I prefer for my collection.

They missed an obvious opportunity with #42081. This model should have been produced as an an RC vehicle. Would make perfect sense for an autonomous vehicle with no driver. Might have been too many PF sets though without keeping one of the others back for next year.

23 hours ago, NeilJam said:

I need to stock up on batteries, It seems like everything I want now has Power Functions. Not really a bad thing, just expensive.

#42080 is a vehicle type I don't recall seeing done previously in Technic. #42082 looks impressive, hopefully it doesn't have the flaws of previous giant cranes. Judging by the accessory pieces, they both fall into the approximate 1/18 scale that I prefer for my collection.

They missed an obvious opportunity with #42081. This model should have been produced as an an RC vehicle. Would make perfect sense for an autonomous vehicle with no driver. Might have been too many PF sets though without keeping one of the others back for next year.

What flows? For me the lack of motorisation/mechanisation for the turret rotation.

A RC 42081 would have been redundant with the 42030 .

13 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The 42081 is a prime candidate for official PF upgradeability, potentially PF 2.0.

And also for the bargain clearance bin! Apart from the official licence I can´t see the justification in paying so much for so little in return - unless you missed the previous front loader and want that bucket.

2 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

And also for the bargain clearance bin! Apart from the official licence I can´t see the justification in paying so much for so little in return - unless you missed the previous front loader and want that bucket.

Uh, that, I guess. Plus it doesn't need batteries to function. Personally, it's my favourite of the 2H sets (as if what I've been nattering about for the past few months convinced you otherwise).

On 10/4/2018 at 8:43 PM, AVCampos said:

The 42081 is a prime candidate for official PF upgradeability, potentially PF 2.0.

I don't think 42081 would be PF upgradable. 42081 has two main functions: raising arm and tilting bucket, and there are 2 separate knobs visible already in the model. Or at least, 42081 doesn't have a gearbox, while usual PF-upgradable models has only one input knob and a gearbox to split the transmission into 2 functions.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I don't think 42081 would be PF upgradable. 42081 has two main functions: raising arm and tilting bucket, and there are 2 separate knobs visible already in the model. Or at least, 42081 doesn't have a gearbox, while usual PF-upgradable models has only one input knob and a gearbox to split the transmission into 2 functions.

Doesn't look like it, no. I did think the big counterweight on the back would be where the battery box would go, though. Doesn't the counterweight move? If so, a PF cable is flexible and therefore can move with it.

13 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Doesn't look like it, no. 

You mean it is likely or not likely to be PR upgradable?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You mean it is likely or not likely to be PR upgradable?

Well, I don't know for sure but I'm leaning towards the first one.

16 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If it is PF upgradable wouldn't it be weird to have one function of the arm motorized and the other one not? :grin:

I believe 42038 had it like this. 

13 hours ago, LvdH said:

I believe 42038 had it like this. 

Mm-hm. Pointless. But at least PF orange blends in with the rest of the model.

I reckon the Volvo models are following a pattern: full PF (42030), partial/optional PF (42053) and no PF (42081). Would be funny if they were. :grin:

It has just occured to me that the B model of 42079 should be a telescopic handler. That would be a proper way to reuse both the gear rack, the cargo pallet, and the biohazard container.

Well, we've broken the near-fortnight of silence on this topic. Yay.

42 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It has just occured to me that the B model of 42079 should be a telescopic handler. That would be a proper way to reuse both the gear rack, the cargo pallet, and the biohazard container.

Sounds logical. It would make up for the fact that the last one was retired after barely a year. Bring it on! :thumbup:

I'd also like to correct my earlier prediction concerning the Volvo sets; they have already followed this pattern if you include the Mack truck (as Mack is owned by Volvo).

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'd also like to correct my earlier prediction concerning the Volvo sets; they have already followed this pattern if you include the Mack truck (as Mack is owned by Volvo).

I regret not picking up 42053 when I had the chance. I love the Volvos Lego’s been bombarding us with.

Kinda a shame we haven’t gotten any news considering the recent City and Creator leaks.

Edited by Bartybum

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I regret not picking up 42053 when I had the chance. I love the Volvos Lego’s been bombarding us with.

Kinda a shame we haven’t gotten any news considering the recent City and Creator leaks.

I regret not getting 42030 so I feel you, brah. :grin: We can both atone with the 42081. Me especially since it has the same two types of models - loader and dumper. I do still want an A25f with the wrong amount of wheels, though... :hmpf_bad:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@dokludi is on vacation, so no replicas :laugh:

Unfortunately I'm not on vacation. I have to work. I had one year out of construction. I broke my second dark age with Lada. Now I want to build my own Moc. :wink:

15 minutes ago, dokludi said:

Unfortunately I'm not on vacation. I have to work. I had one year out of construction. I broke my second dark age with Lada. Now I want to build my own Moc. :wink:

I'll keep my fingers crossed :thumbup: I know what it means when your job and obligations destroy every free minute :sad: