Guys!

42080 has NEW pneumatic switch!

Korean lego site. We can find some new type of valve.

Witch is 5L long, 3 port under the valve, and maybe have axle hole for control valve!

4 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Guys!

42080 has NEW pneumatic switch!

Korean lego site. We can find some new type of valve.

Witch is 5L long, 3 port under the valve, and maybe have axle hole for control valve!

It looks reasobable in term of design...so it is South Korean LEGO site and not North Korean :laugh:

2 hours ago, kuja2015 said:

:laugh:

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture.

It seems that 42081 will be listed as "Volvo Autonomous Loader" in some countries and "Volvo ZEUX" in others.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It seems that 42081 will be listed as "Volvo Autonomous Loader" in some countries and "Volvo ZEUX" in others.

ZEUX was the initial name several months ago... If I'm not mistaken it is a bit cheaper than 42080 set so IMHO it is more interesting...(and if only LEGO would change their mind and put 95mm tractor tires in set...). I have a feeling that some interesting features / techniques are awaiting us in 42081 set

18 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

(and if only LEGO would change their mind and put 95mm tractor tires in set...)

Out of curiousity, why would you want 95 mm diameter tractor tires when there is already 107 mm ones? I’d say no larger than 82 mm or else the difference in size wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion.

5 hours ago, zoo said:

Out of curiousity, why would you want 95 mm diameter tractor tires when there is already 107 mm ones? I’d say no larger than 82 mm or else the difference in size wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion.

For this trac (for front tires)

637139349_3_644x461_jcb-fastrac-8330-var

...and all combine harvesters have rear tires some 11.5% smalle tires in comparisson to front...

If you look at forestry machines (except Ponse) that have 3 axles, thay have the same situation 1387 mm tires to some 1600-1650mm... :wink:

Another thing - there is 95mm baloon tire and "Unimog" tire with aproximate dianeter to fit 56 wheel...

I hope that this answer explains my point...

(sorry for offtopic)

Edited by I_Igor

The difference in size is nowhere near large enough to warrant different tyres. It’s a waste of Lego’s resources

2 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The difference in size is nowhere near large enough to warrant different tyres. It’s a waste of Lego’s resources

Agreed! Even though @I_Igor has a point, they need to be smaller. The JCB can be done perfectly with the same tires on the front and back.

I see I'm joining the off-topic party as well. Sorry. Let's get back on track.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Agreed! Even though @I_Igor has a point, they need to be smaller. The JCB can be done perfectly with the same tires on the front and back.

I see I'm joining the off-topic party as well. Sorry. Let's get back on track.

Yes but not that model...but it is another story, but Summer can be interesting; I'm really excited about Volvo :excited:

Reading last page almost gave me a heart attack - I had thought someone got to trademark my nickname! Phew, close call.

Sorry, for off topic, couldn't pass.

1 hour ago, zux said:

Reading last page almost gave me a heart attack - I had thought someone got to trademark my nickname! Phew, close call.

:sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

2 hours ago, zux said:

Anywhat, let us indeed regain our heading. Volvo! ZEUX or no ZEUX? How do you even pronounce it? Zeus? Zoo? Zed-ee-yoo-ex? At least we all know how to pronounce Sfinx!

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Anywhat, let us indeed regain our heading. Volvo! ZEUX or no ZEUX? How do you even pronounce it? Zeus? Zoo? Zed-ee-yoo-ex? At least we all know how to pronounce Sfinx!

I was thinking Zooks/Zucks

I can see some panels in the 42081 A: 5x11 black, 5x11 tapered black, 3x13 curved black, 3x11x2 10 holes black, 3x7 black, 3x7 pair black, 3x7 yellow, 3x11 yellow, 3x11 LBG.

Since the 42081 B is an autonomous tipper truck, there must be a bed. However there aren't many flat panels (3x11 & 5x11) in the A model to make one . So I think the bed will be either skeletal like that in 42030 B, or a color mess like the barge in 42064 B.

Or, maybe, maybe, the bucket will also be used to make the tipping bed *huh**huh*   That'd be very weird...

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I can see some panels in the 42081 A: 5x11 black, 5x11 tapered black, 3x13 curved black, 3x11x2 10 holes black, 3x7 black, 3x7 pair black, 3x7 yellow, 3x11 yellow, 3x11 LBG.

Since the 42081 B is an autonomous tipper truck, there must be a bed. However there aren't many flat panels (3x11 & 5x11) in the A model to make one . So I think the bed will be either skeletal like that in 42030 B, or a color mess like the barge in 42064 B.

Or, maybe, maybe, the bucket will also be used to make the tipping bed *huh**huh*   That'd be very weird...

Depends on who the designer is. If it's Grohl, he'll find a way to make that work. :wink:

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Depends on who the designer is. If it's Grohl, he'll find a way to make that work. :wink:

Now that you mentioned it, making a bed out of those parts really calls for Grohl's magic.

Hmm, an interesting line-up this year, and a rare one with which I'm more than passingly interested in all of the sets on offer. Maybe I just have a bias for construction equipment! The forklift has got my attention most, as despite being a black-and-yellow construction(ish) piece, I want to see how well it functions. 

16 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I've been saying it in my head as "Zey-ucks", but I'm usually wrong with pronunciations (it took me years to get "folk" for no apparent reason).

I refer to it as Zoots.

The Sfinx excavator has a feature called "active counterweight" in which the counterweight moves automatically depending on the weight distribution of the arm. I think the movable bottom in the 42081 serves the same function.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I refer to it as Zooks.

The Sfinx excavator has a feature called "active counterweight" in which the counterweight moves automatically depending on the weight distribution of the arm. I think the movable bottom in the 42081 serves the same function.

As do I. I think it'd be a bit stupid if it was pointing skyward the whole time.