15 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

If our suspicions regarding the use of the ring gear pieces are correct, 42082 would be about the same size, but probably a bit longer than 42055.

I think it has black ring gear because for this (heavy) structure only to have ordinary turntable will result in structure tilting, so size about 42055 is plausible 

On 09/03/2018 at 1:40 AM, I_Igor said:

I think it has black ring gear because for this (heavy) structure only to have ordinary turntable will result in structure tilting, so size about 42055 is plausible 

You're correct, it does have the large rings for the BWE, but in Black.

I've seen and played with it, and it is one hell of a monster. I haven't been this excited for a set in a long long time, and I think this set will become my favorite technic set of all time. The boom reaches 1 metre from the ground when fully extended.

The other sets in this release are a bit lacklustre, the Harvester being the worst, and most poorly priced. It is very small. The Automated Volvo is cool, but functions are a bit average.

The forklift is really nice, however slightly pricey. It feels a bit more like a creator set, but with technic functions, as opposed to a technic set.

Nothing on the Bugatti yet! :(

3 hours ago, Manybricks said:

The other sets in this release are a bit lacklustre, the Harvester being the worst, and most poorly priced. It is very small. The Automated Volvo is cool, but functions are a bit average.

Wow. The Harvester is the worst? How so?

Good to hear the Volvo is cool, though. That's what I'd hoped it would be. :sweet:

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Wow. The Harvester is the worst? How so?

Good to hear the Volvo is cool, though. That's what I'd hoped it would be. :sweet:

Harvester would be much better only if LEGO made tires with tractor pattern for it

5 hours ago, Manybricks said:

You're correct, it does have the large rings for the BWE, but in Black.

I've seen and played with it, and it is one hell of a monster. I haven't been this excited for a set in a long long time, and I think this set will become my favorite technic set of all time. The boom reaches 1 metre from the ground when fully extended.

The forklift is really nice, however slightly pricey. It feels a bit more like a creator set, but with technic functions, as opposed to a technic set.

Nothing on the Bugatti yet! :(

Welcome to eurobricks forum. I'm not a fan of big models, but I see a lots of potential i this years flagship. It is nice to have some news from someone whi has a possibility to see / touch them. thanks

16 hours ago, Manybricks said:

*snip*

So, how were the new valves? Did they have progressive control?

I noticed "MK IV" behind the cabin of the forklift. So it's a creation of Markus I guess. I didn't expect his signature on such a small model though.

55 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I noticed "MK IV" behind the cabin of the forklift. So it's a creation of Markus I guess. I didn't expect his signature on such a small model though.

or a fourth version of forklift?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8416-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8248-1

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8843-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

(if I ignore smaller versions) 樂

Edited by I_Igor

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

By that logic does that mean the BWE is the 3rd version of bucket wheel excavators released by Lego?

That is why I put question mark on end of first line --> "?" :wink:

Perhaps it is better now with new emoticon

Edited by I_Igor

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

He's done 42004 and 42038 before, so it isn't too much of a surprise.

25 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

He's done 42004 and 42038 before, so it isn't too much of a surprise.

I dont know about 42004, but 42038 was designed by Aurelien not Markus. And the point was not about Markus designing small models, it's about him putting his signature on a small model.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I dont know about 42004, but 42038 was designed by Aurelien not Markus. And the point was not about Markus designing small models, it's about him putting his signature on a small model.

Agh! I meant 42028, the bulldozer. He did put the set number on it, though.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Grohl did put his initials in this year's dozer compactor...

I noticed, a good way to get people to know who you are.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Agh! I meant 42028, the bulldozer. He did put the set number on it, though.

At first i was like: What? Both orange... Too bad I was wrong.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:51 AM, Kaanere said:

So, how were the new valves? Did they have progressive control?

Nah, no progressive control. It's two cylinders linked together, and run by power functions. The set is very very small.

It would barely be more than 30cm's long, and maybe about 13cm's tall, with very little body.

The functions are average at best, and price has been heavily inflated from having PF & 2 cylinders.

It's no better than the ew160e, but feels a lot smaller.

Even on discount, it's not a set i'll be picking up as the size and functions are just not on par with other sets of this year (Mack Truck or off Road Crane)

4 hours ago, Manybricks said:

The functions are average at best, and price has been heavily inflated from having PF & 2 cylinders.

Is the price as bad as 42070 or something a little more reasonable like 800ish parts for $100 with PF and pneumatics which is about the size it looks to be?

Ah! Good to be back after the maintenance delay. Anyway, I've been goggling at 42080 again and it just looks like a complete and utter mess. :thumbdown: The colours are all over the place, the construction is inelegant, it barely resembles a forest harvester, and the accessories (the stand thing and what looks like a tool of some sort) seem like something out of a City set. Plus, I have no idea how the actual harvesting function is meant to work.

Also, incidentally (not sure if I'd count this as a criticism) the spinning yellow blades on the head look like the round spiky rock parts from Nexo Knights.

Imagine kicking a ball forward in soccer. That's how the blade in 42080 works. It kicks forward toward the log.

22 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Imagine kicking a ball forward in soccer. That's how the blade in 42080 works. It kicks forward toward the log.

Is the log freestanding when that happens, or do you have to hold it in place while the head swoops in? I've rechecked the pic and understand it a little better now - the rollers bring the log in and the red blade slices it. Actually quite cool if it does work. Though the model still looks like a Greek salad on wheels.