2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

"... LIVE from the LEGO VAULTS, September 7 at 3pm GMT"

Perfect timing for the middle of the working day, both Europe and the Americas.  I'm not sure how many of the AFOL community will be able to tune in for what is surely going to be most appealing to AFOL nostalgia.

3 hours ago, AOW said:

Jim, is this the surprise for the 40th Anniversary of Lego Technic that you were talking about :) ?? 

I know it might be hard to believe, but I really know as much as you do. So yeah, it might be, I don't know :def_shrug:

Just now, Boulderer said:

Perfect timing for the middle of the working day, both Europe and the Americas.  I'm not sure how many of the AFOL community will be able to tune in for what is surely going to be most appealing to AFOL nostalgia.

3pm? Good, at least some will see it. I can do that. And it will probably be recorded and shown on a channel.

I'd be interested to know where TLG deem the highest density of Technic fans to be.  AFOL's in the western hemisphere will likely be at work, and younger fans will be back at school.  It kind of makes a mockery of the event being "LIVE". 

I'd be interested to know where TLG deem the highest density of Technic fans to be.  AFOL's in the western hemisphere will likely be at work, and younger fans will be back at school.  It kind of makes a mockery of the event being "LIVE". 

Some schoolers here get out at 3, but still have to get home, just wait for news on it.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Some schoolers here get out at 3, but still have to get home, just wait for news on it.

Those same schoolers on the East Coast US will be right in the middle of their morning classes.

Those same schoolers on the East Coast US will be right in the middle of their morning classes.

In ohio, where I live, most schools have the buses at the stops 7:30 am.

And I think it is the same in other places.

Edited by Aventador2004

Well, what's more important to LEGO is that it's during work day in Billund and Enfield (otherwise they would have to pay overtime, vault might not be opened etc...).

Why Billund? Vault is there (of course).

Why Enfiled (USA)? People who are doing digital content in TLG are there. :)

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

3pm? Good, at least some will see it. I can do that. And it will probably be recorded and shown on a channel.

Me too :)

For those who cannot - they can watch it on phone app as well :) like siting in the, well on that round "white chair" :) :) :) :) while they are "taking a break"

And now more seriously, I wonder what else we will see from that vault that we did not have seen on multiple youtube videos so far ? :) 

Edited by AOW

Just now, AOW said:

You can watch it on phone app as well :) like siting in the, well on that round "white chair" :) :) :) :) 

And now more seriously, I wonder what else we will see from that vault that we did not have seen on multiple youtube videos so far ? :) 

I haven't ever been on the round white chair... :laugh: LOL 

I wonder same as you, sariel already has been into the vault with his camera.

Just now, AOW said:

Probably nothing. Or they surprise us with something unexpected at the end of the "tour" :sweet: 

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That would be awesome, but there's no way that's happening:cry_sad:

How do you know?...

48 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

How do you know?...

Well, the mysterious new Mack truck will debut on the thirteenth, a week after Lego's livestream.

If the set wasn't the new Mack truck, why would it be blacked out?

Watching that teaser, the thought occurred: it would be quite funny if TLG "painted" this Mack truck in red and blue flames... :devil:

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I don't, I'm just a pessimist.

I am too at times, when I need to be. I just hope to see it.

If they reveal something, it would be the 40 year anniversary set we all hope is still coming. However, it's not likely.

They said no more sets this year, so it would be released in 2018.

If the Mack is part of the 1H18 sets, I doubt it would be revealed as early as this month. That would basically be an invitation for Lepin and the like to start ripping off the design early.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

If they reveal something, it would be the 40 year anniversary set we all hope is still coming. However, it's not likely.

They said no more sets this year, so it would be released in 2018.

The only thing they (eventually) could make is some anniversary model as combination of 42068, 42069 and 42070 set like anniversary chassis from 1H, but we have to concentrate us on 2018 when sets (probably) would be released

On 04.09.2017 at 0:03 PM, AOW said:

Jim, is this the surprise for the 40th Anniversary of Lego Technic that you were talking about :) ?? 

Maybe somebody is able to record future translation?

29 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If they indeed do a combo model of those three sets the color will be horrendous...

I agree :wink: