Completed all four model last weekend. Have shot most of the pictures, besides the 42082, which poses a challenge. I probably need to work some Photoshop skills or something :tongue:

I'd say 2018 has a pretty decent line-up :thumbup:

My attempt to keep up with the written part failed again. The upside is that I did complete all the intro's etc. So I only need to cover the builds. With a couple of days off before the 1st of August I am confident all reviews will be online the 1st.

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'd say 2018 has a pretty decent line-up :thumbup:

I semi-agree. The 1H sets were at most "meh" to me, but the 2H ones feel a lot more promising. Yes, even the 42080's BOLOCs nature, as to me sets are mostly to absorb building techniques and serve as parts packs.

Cannot wait Jim!

This year all models are much, much more better than from 2017, but still I think that 2016 had the best models so far. 2015 was slightly worse than 2016.

1 hour ago, blondasek said:

Cannot wait Jim!

This year all models are much, much more better than from 2017, but still I think that 2016 had the best models so far. 2015 was slightly worse than 2016.

I agree! A good crop all round this year. I'd even give 42080 a thumbs-up for sheer innovative audacity.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

... I'd even give 42080 a thumbs-up for sheer innovative audacity.

Absolutely!

7 hours ago, blondasek said:

2016 had the best models so far. 2015 was slightly worse than 2016.

I'd agree, but the Arocs has got to one of my faves! 
sorry for offtopic

I'm liking the Forklift more and more. I think this might be my main H2 purchase

Looking forward to your reviews @Jim

From what I've seen it would appear TLG have gone back to using numbered bags for this years 2H sets as opposed to last year when they all came in unnumbered bags, not sure which I prefer, in some ways it nice just having a big pile of parts, but then again numbered bags do save a lot of time sorting for a particular piece.

Just now, LucyCol said:

From what I've seen it would appear TLG have gone back to using numbered bags for this years 2H sets as opposed to last year when they all came in unnumbered bags, not sure which I prefer, in some ways it nice just having a big pile of parts, but then again numbered bags do save a lot of time sorting for a particular piece.

Not entirely correct. Not all of them have numbered bags :wink:

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:

You could always dump all the parts out at once regardless of if the bags are numbered.

9 minutes ago, allanp said:

You could always dump all the parts out at once regardless of if the bags are numbered.

I prefer numbered bags myself. They made building 42054 a lot easier since it's divided into two large modules.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

All of the 2H sets bar the Bugatti are in at my local Smyth's.

Oooooh, might have to check out my local Smyths. Can't see them on the website yet.

Numbered bags are also my preference, especially as sets approach 1,000 parts. Easier to find parts and easier to stage assembly over time.

Andy D

Just now, allanp said:

Oooooh, might have to check out my local Smyths. Can't see them on the website yet.

Me either. You must leave the house to check availability, sadly. :look:

Just now, Andy D said:

Numbered bags are also my preference, especially as sets approach 1,000 parts. Easier to find parts and easier to stage assembly over time.

Andy D

+1

Edited by Maaboo35
Grammar to the FACE!

1 hour ago, allanp said:

That's indeed easier than the other way around :laugh:

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

I prefer numbered bags myself. They made building 42054 a lot easier since it's divided into two large modules.

I like numbered bags too. If only it were to speed things up during a review.

Does anyone know why both types of 3L connectors are present in 42082?

I presume the newer one is used because of the red color, but there are parts of the crane when the old ones are used and the new ones could work fine (or better):

43616336551_d567099212_b.jpg

Is one stronger than the other, or is there something I'm missing?

Edited by Magical Duck

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Me either. You must leave the house to check availability, sadly. :look:

+1

Well I did just that and unfortunately..... my wallet is now the cost of one 42080 lighter :grin: All 2nd half sets (except the Chiron) are there.

14 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I also like the numbered bags.  But only recently as I’m currently using the Saturn V as a weight loss incentive.  Every 3 lbs off I get another bag.  Since I just started, I won’t be ready for launch until early 2019 unless I lob off a leg or something!

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, Magical Duck said:

Does anyone know why both types of 3L connectors are present in 42082?

I presume the newer one is used because of the red color, but there are parts of the crane when the old ones are used and the new ones could work fine (or better):

[image]

Is one stronger than the other, or is there something I'm missing?

My guess is that these white ones arein the same numbered bag as the gearboxes, that needed those parts in white anyway. Replacing these for the gray or red newer ones, would probably increase the number of "lots" in this set of bags. And I believe the number of lots in each set of bags is minimized to lower the cost of packaging the parts.

Edited by Erik Leppen
removed image from quote

8 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

My guess is that these white ones arein the same numbered bag as the gearboxes, that needed those parts in white anyway. Replacing these for the gray or red newer ones, would probably increase the number of "lots" in this set of bags. And I believe the number of lots in each set of bags is minimized to lower the cost of packaging the parts.

Ah, that would make sense...