I do not don't like scooby doo! :tongue:

Bottomline; I will do my best but the write-up might be a bit more brief than usual. This is already the case with the Chiron review, which I will post Friday or Saturday.

Can someone maybe try putting the 42082 on top of 42055 when it is released? That would be quite interesting.

6 hours ago, Black_Belt_Titan said:

Couldn't you do brief reviews at first just to get them out for us to see and then go back to make the reviews more in depth?

I have been thinking about this as well. Interesting.

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I have been thinking about this as well. Interesting.

You can probably do a quick video walkthrough to show the functions and your main findings, then provide all the details later in the written review. I'd be more than happy to help with the videos if I lived closer...:hmpf_bad:

9 hours ago, kbalage said:

You can probably do a quick video walkthrough to show the functions and your main findings, then provide all the details later in the written review. I'd be more than happy to help with the videos if I lived closer...:hmpf_bad:

We really need that transporter device.

I find it so strange that sets are already in stores and we have an embargo for the reviews. And we don't even have received the sets.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

I find it so strange that sets are already in stores and we have an embargo for the reviews. And we don't even have received the sets.

Yeah, I actually thought of that too. I could have bought one of those models and made a review before you received it from LEGO. 

Edited by mortenm

That’s twice this year that a set has ended up in Legoland before release... I wonder how that could even happen.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Anyone up for a quick flight to Billund? :laugh:

Checked, no cheap flights to Billund this month :hmpf_bad: 

Think I'll be going to Legoland Windsor on Wednesday will see if there's anything there, but will also respect the embargo date if I do find anything.

As people seem to be buying these from Legoland Billund, and as I happened to be in Legoland Windsor yesterday I made sure to look in the shop. Unfortunately no 2h2018 technic was there. I double and triple checked! 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:36 PM, LvdH said:

That’s twice this year that a set has ended up in Legoland before release... I wonder how that could even happen.

As a young kid, I believed that all Lego sets were actually made in Legoland, similar as Santa on his North pole base. There might be some truth in it after all ...

On a more serious note: I guess it's a simple marketing strategy: lure more people to the Billund park and the Lego house and simultaneously sell more sets at the full price. Profit! The review embargo is still strange though, maybe a way to buy time for production and spread the demand for the new sets a bit more over time?

1 hour ago, allanp said:

As people seem to be buying these from Legoland Billund, and as I happened to be in Legoland Windsor yesterday I made sure to look in the shop. Unfortunately no 2h2018 technic was there. I double and triple checked! 

I think, and you basically confirmed this, that they are being sold in Legoland Billund only.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I think, and you basically confirmed this, that they are being sold in Legoland Billund only.

It looks like it. I’ve seen a picture on FB with the 42079 and a “pre launch” sticker on it. 

Well deadline for reviews is still Aug 1st which is cool. I will need that for writing anyway.

To me it is not about being the first, but about writing a thorough review. Probably will do 42082 first tho’.

Edited by merman

On 7/12/2018 at 3:56 PM, merman said:

Well deadline for reviews is still Aug 1st which is cool. I will need that for writing anyway.

Agreed. 

On 7/12/2018 at 3:56 PM, merman said:

To me it is not about being the first, but about writing a thorough review. Probably will do 42082 first tho’.

Same. And same :sweet: