Creator Expert for sure

No source :wink: 

I found this video on youtube and it showed that the LEGO 42082 B-Model is a pile driver. Unfortunately i don't know how to upload an image since i'm new. If you type in LEGO 42082 in YouTube it will come up with it. It was posted around an hour ago.

Here is the link: 

Edited by tri2get7882
Accidentally posted (I don't know how i did)

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like the base for both vehicles is the same like 42042. Pile driver looks cool. Nice find!

It looks in fact like also the superstructure is the same, and just the boom is rebuilt. Which looks like a cheapo, though the functions seem pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, rener said:

It looks in fact like also the superstructure is the same, and just the boom is rebuilt. Which looks like a cheapo, though the functions seem pretty cool.

No, the superstructure looks a little different, more linear. I do think asking some poor sod to disassemble and reassemble over 4000 parts would be a bit much for a retail set, though. Although I'm sure there are many Eurobrickers who would tackle it, no questions asked! :laugh:

Oh, and videos for 42080 and 42081 have also been posted on.the same YT account just recently:

Still love the Volvo! Dumper looks cool.

Forwarder looks bloody awful!

Edited by Maaboo35

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I do think asking some poor sod to disassemble and reassemble over 4000 parts would be a bit much for a retail set, though.  :laugh:

You have a point there!

42081 B is bloody awesome! Buying two sets for sure. This is how futuristic model sets should look like when done right.

42082 B feels cheated... It will definitely join the infamous list of semi-B models.

42080 B is weirder than expected.

42079 B looks nice. I still dunno whether to buy two sets or bricklink the parts. I wanna use the spare gear racks and holders from 42078 B. And the rear of 42079 A looks weird.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Nice, new infos - although new disappointments for me too.

42079 - my only complaint is the limited lifting range, other than that, this B model makes this a perfect set.

42080 - I don't get the original machine either, the B model is almost good, but how ugly proportions... parts pack.

42081 - Like the idea of futuristic machines, but as Technic set, I find those pretty boring: all functions seems to be operated directly, very basic for a 2nd biggest 2H set. I don't get the actuator to raise the back by rear axle, I hope there will be some reference for the real thing. Still, I don't think it will be very playable. The B model looks nice though.

42082 - Big. Unnecessarily big. The B model is just a huge let down, unimaginatie, and feels lazy - same undercarriage as the A model??!! 4000 pcs and this is what they could hammer together as a B model? :thumbdown:

This is not a year for me, maybe 42079 saves it.

Edited by agrof

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Am I the only one who find Claas tyres extremely attractive :wub_drool:

Watch out for the wording, I was just a few types away from writing something nasty... :tongue: :grin:

42082 B- That superstructure looks out of scale on the monster chassis and the whole thing just isn't remotely interesting to me in terms of functions.

42081 B- Looks terrible (though as @Ngoc Nguyen mentioned, it is future for sure). Functions are basic.

42080 B- Looks terrible, but it seems that the functions could work just fine.

42079 B- Some master-class building was done to make a tow truck out of a forklift. I really want that!

A few opinions already, so here's mine:

42079: Great set, definitely a good buy for a starter. B model looks nice as well.

42080: Good, could be better without the motorized pump, and add remote chainsaw. B model is average.

42081: Nailed the futuristic look, B model just as good.

42082: Very nice A model, B model is above average, offering setup playability.

Overall a pretty good 2H.

52 minutes ago, agrof said:

42082 - Big. Unnecessarily big. The B model is just a huge let down, unimaginatie, and feels lazy - same undercarriage as the A model??!! 4000 pcs and this is what they could hammer together as a B model?

Maybe Olav ran out of steam after designing the A model. According to Markus 42009 took almost a year to design. I'd expect 42082 to take that or even longer. Probably 1.5 years. Designer resources are needed for 42083 as well. So probably there wasn't anyone with free hands to develop a completely new B model. The monstrous 42055 A was designed by Markus, while the no-less-monstrous 2907-piece B model was designed by Aurelien. Maybe even Markus can't take on two monstrous models at the same time. So Olav gotta go for the easy way.

@Ngoc Nguyen It is never the designer's decision, they work in teams too, and all teams have leaders. They can pass over the B model for another designer as You wrote, it can be the same designer as well. Time has no matter in this either, what I mean: nobody in this team within TLG said, that this is not good enough, not worthy for a flagship model - please do alternatives, guys (all designers) please sit down together and give some ideas.

They probably just lean back, and rely on the fact, that most of the customers will build the main model only, ran out of time and ideas, or is the whole B-model concept just a pain in the asss, so made a rushed just-to-show-something solution. I can not see the LEGO Technic legacy in 42082, neither in A, nor in B model.

Edited by agrof

8 hours ago, agrof said:

42079 - my only complaint is the limited lifting range, other than that, this B model makes this a perfect set.

42080 - I don't get the original machine either, the B model is almost good, but how ugly proportions... parts pack.

42081 - Like the idea of futuristic machines, but as Technic set, I find those pretty boring: all functions seems to be operated directly, very basic for a 2nd biggest 2H set. I don't get the actuator to raise the back by rear axle, I hope there will be some reference for the real thing. Still, I don't think it will be very playable. The B model looks nice though.

42082 - Big. Unnecessarily big. The B model is just a huge let down, unimaginatie, and feels lazy - same undercarriage as the A model??!! 4000 pcs and this is what they could hammer together as a B model? :thumbdown:

I have the same feeling hre (except I like 42080 and the B model seems decent. Nothing stellar, but given the parts and wheels I think they did well. I don't see much better options. How different this is with 42082, which has more than 3x as many pieces.

42082 is begging for a good B model, and while original, reusing the carrier is not good. I'm sure we will see great C models in the community within the first month after release.

Why is it that so many great models have such lacking B models? The Claas had the same issue.

Edited by Erik Leppen

The CLAAS was licensed set, so it is understandable for me not to have a proper B-model (which for I consider Mlonger's wheel loader, as since than CLAAS brought out one). 

If you remember, this "lazy" solution already existed in 8110 

And in 8421 too..

I wonder if that is the weighted brick we see in the b model, the actual black brick that drops. 

After viewing 42082-B on a bigger screen I must say I like it, despite using the same undercarriage. I've never seen a model like this in Technic (or any Lego) before and the convoluted way the rope is used looks very interesting. I also suppose it has to be able to make some kind of sudden drop, I wonder if and how that will be done...

18 hours ago, Jim said:

Creator Expert for sure

No source :wink: 

Such a shame, would love to see new Aston Martin as a next Lego ultimate car model :(

1 minute ago, Jaromir said:

Such a shame, would love to see new Aston Martin as a next Lego ultimate car model :(

Well, maybe it is, but I am pretty sure we need to wait another two years before that to happen. 

Just now, Jim said:

Well, maybe it is, but I am pretty sure we need to wait another two years before that to happen. 

True, and first of all I need to get Chiron in my hands and big crane :p

Liking the Forklift more and more. Not sure about the others at the moment, think I'll wait to see them in the Plastic