12 hours ago, Freezer118 said:

Untill the 1st of August the Chiron will only be available at the official Lego Shops. After that the Chiron will also be sold at Lego resellers.

In Ukrainian catalog it is marked June, and there's no official Lego stores here.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

We've known that for a while.

Wait, is it a bit of B-model in the top picture of 42080 functions?

Edited by dimaks13

20 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

In Ukrainian catalog it is marked June, and there's no official Lego stores here.

So it's August for Ukraine...most likely.

Taking into account @M_longer's post above, let's summarize what we know about the crop of B-models heading our way.

42082 - drilling rig. That's all we have.

42081 - automated dumper. Again, name only.

42080 - forwarder. Partial image in catalogue.

42079 - no information whatsoever.

Given the lateness of actual reveals this year, it's probably no surprise that the rest is coming in a little tardy as well. Still pumped, though. Show us what you've got, TLG!

A quick sum up

1. Forklift Truck 42079 – 592 Parts, 69,99 US-Dollar; Power Functions not included
    lego-technic-heavy-dutyy-forklift-42079-
  2. Forest Harvester 42080 – 1.003 Parts, 149,99 US-Dollar; Power Functions included, with pneumatic
    lego-technic-forest-harvester-42080-2018
  3. Volvo Autonomous Loader 42081 – 1167 Parts, 139,99 US-Dollar; Power Functions not included
    lego-technic-volvo-concept-wheel-loader-
  4. Rough Terrain Crane 42082 – 4057 Parts, 299,99 US-Dollar; Power Functions included
    lego-technic-rough-terrain-crane-42082-2

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-__________________

The Forklift Truck 42079 will be the smallest set in this row. Nothing special there.

The Forest Harvester 42080 is my favorite set of this row. Not only that is is in my favourite colour Green but also there is Pneumatic included! It has several cylinders and a L-Motor which is driving the pump. There will be a new two-way-ventil but I don't know what that means.

The Volvo Autonomous 42081 will be without Power Functions but you can see the gears to operate the features. It is a vehicle operated by a drone. There is actually no driver.

The Rough Terrain Crane 42082 will be up to this point the largest Technic Set ever released with 4057 Parts. The crane arm can drive out up to 1 meter. Power Functions are inlcuded to move the arm and to rotate the drivers cabin. The price of 299,99 Dollars with a Price per part (PPP) of 0,074 $ with power functions is absolutely appropriate. The crane is higher than the old 42009.
The power functions in this set will be the old first generation which is better. Not like the new train sets which have the second generation "Powered Up".

What also is important to mention is that there are finally back the good old Technic colours red, yellow, black in most of the new sets.

For the Rough Terrain Vehicle was actually a page on Amazon.co.uk created:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-UK-42082-Rough-Terrain/dp/B0792RDN2Z

Crane in action:

lego-technic-rough-terrain-crane-42082-k

Edited by Robin_IV

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Kind of nice to see all this info in one single post though, makes it easier to check out, thanks @Robin_IV

+1 Much easier than searching through the other topics.

20 hours ago, Robin_IV said:

Nothing special there but the tires look interesting.

Yeah, like in 19 older sets: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=32019&in=S

There will be a new two-way-ventil but I don't know what that means.

It means that there is a new type of pneumatic valve, that can be operated by axle:

Lego-42080-Leaked.jpg

I love the bucket and the tires. This will be heavily used in MOCs. And finally there will be bigger tires. :)

You didn't noticed two sets; 42030 (bucket) and 42054 (tires), do you?
42030?$PDPDefault$
fbb7a81d9fa666be4c265cfaef2447cb.jpg

The power functions in this set will be the old first generation anyway. Not like the new train sets which have the second generation "Powered Up".

And that's the good news.

the good old Technic colours red, yellow, black and not dark-bluish-greeni, purple.. ahh forget it.

42079 has Dark Blue parts, 42080 has Lime and Green Parts.

I hope you enjoyed it

Not quite, but keep trying ;)

Yes, it can be seen behind the cab at the foot of the arm in the images that have been posted.

23 hours ago, Robin_IV said:

The Rough Terrain Crane 42082 will be up to this point the second largest Technic Set ever released with 4057 parts (after the Chiron).

It's the largest ever. Second place belongs to the BWE. 

27 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Wow do we have enough 2018 threads yet? :pir_tong2: Maybe I start another :pir-skel:

Good idea! We can use more ;) ;)

Andy D

On 6/8/2018 at 7:11 AM, Maaboo35 said:

Taking into account @M_longer's post above, let's summarize what we know about the crop of B-models heading our way.

42082 - drilling rig. That's all we have.

42081 - automated dumper. Again, name only.

42080 - forwarder. Partial image in catalogue.

42079 - no information whatsoever.

Given the lateness of actual reveals this year, it's probably no surprise that the rest is coming in a little tardy as well. Still pumped, though. Show us what you've got, TLG!

For the 42080 ... What is a Forwarder?

Andy D

21 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

+1 Much easier than searching through the other topics.

Not really, it takes like 5 minutes tops. Get some patience people. This post really should’ve been in the 2018 discussion thread.

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Not really, it takes like 5 minutes tops. Get some patience people. This post really should’ve been in the 2018 discussion thread.

Agreed. :thumbup:

This information already has been posted in the 2018 topic. I will be merging them.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

as box pictures have started to surface when do we think we'll get a look at the B-models ?

Hopefully any day now.

31 minutes ago, Andy D said:

Wow! I just saw a video of a John Deere Forwarder... if the 42080 Forwarder is anything at all like this.... I am sold!

Look in the topmost of the three smaller images on the catalogue page above and you can see a bit of it. It does have some of the look.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, Error404 said:

Yes, it can be seen behind the cab at the foot of the arm in the images that have been posted.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

Wow! I just saw a video of a John Deere Forwarder... if the 42080 Forwarder is anything at all like this.... I am sold!

Andy D

Sorry guys but this is not the forwarder. Ok, they looks similar, but showed John Deere just stores "trees" while Lego unit was created for cuting trees and make them smooth without branches.

And I wonder If the cabin rotates with the crane or not? Pictures on the box show both cases.

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted video.

52 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Thanks!

Sorry guys but this is not the forwarder. Ok, they looks similar, but showed John Deere just stores "trees" while Lego unit was created for cuting trees and make them smooth without branches.

And I wonder If the cabin rotates with the crane or not? Pictures on the box show both cases.

The A model cuts and strips the trees and is called a Forest Machine. It has been reported that the B model is a Forwerder. If the photo from Error404 it looks the same as the video. 

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Aaaaah, that what are you talking about. It's clear now! Thanks for the clarification.