3 hours ago, jrx said:

It's not only possible, it is motorized. 42080 contains a L-motor, battery box and the V2 pump. The battery box and the compressor are located under the hood in the back of the vehicle.

Great! Considering it contains PF elements + new pneumatic elements, this set looks interesting in terms of price. No problem if it is ugly, it's only a part pack :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Omikron said:

Dang it - here are the links to 7000 x 4000-ish pictures

Did I just spot ballbearings in the turntable of 42082...?

3 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I heard people disappeared after such assumptions :grin:

13 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I don't count on it. I think they just used Mixel joint pieces or something, attached to the upper section. I think if there would be actual balls, there would be too much slack to prevent them from just falling out. The rail in the 11x11 gearracks is too thin for the balls to "fall" in that. Except if the balls are attached to a separate third ring, but I don't count on that.

Personally I think it would have been cool to see 1.8 stud diameter flat round pieces that would fit in the rail, similar to how 1x1 round tiles do, but this might be too specific of a piece to expect.

16 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

They're probably just some of these, held in by their axle holes.

I think that is a 14L black soft axle at the 42082 cab. These are rare right now. 

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

Not bearings - these function as physical stoppers so the upper circle wont bend over too much when the mast is rotated.

2 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I don't count on it. I think they just used Mixel joint pieces or something, attached to the upper section. I think if there would be actual balls, there would be too much slack to prevent them from just falling out. The rail in the 11x11 gearracks is too thin for the balls to "fall" in that. Except if the balls are attached to a separate third ring, but I don't count on that.

Personally I think it would have been cool to see 1.8 stud diameter flat round pieces that would fit in the rail, similar to how 1x1 round tiles do, but this might be too specific of a piece to expect.

But if they are still attached to something, like the Mixel pieces, then they would not fully rotate.  Therefore, that would introduce a ton of friction to the slewing ring.   I am not sure this would be a reasonable solution. 

You're totally correct @nerdsforprez. I'd much, much rather see actual roller bearings. But I'm not trying to hold high hopes just from a picture, so I'm trying to find a possible solution with current parts. As soon as reviewers can get their hands on sets and actually find out what's going on, then we can draw conclusions and get all thrilled for innovative design :laugh:

I just don't want to build up unfounded enthousiasm :)

In fact, I'd find the fixed ball-joint solution not ideal, because it would create scratches on the ball joints over prolonged use if the crane is not balanced over the turntable.

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

no they use this part:

2927.png

between the 2 ring of the turntable. It is very efficient.

2 minutes ago, higgins91 said:

no they use this part:

between the 2 ring of the turntable. It is very efficient.

Looking at the pictures now, this actually could be very true. Shading suggest this might be there after all.

What piece is that?

Maybe I was right after all :P

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

2 minutes ago, zux said:

Looking at the pictures now, this actually could be very true. Shading suggest this might be there after all.

it's not a guess ;)  it's as effective as a ball bearing when assembled!

2 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

US prices: $69.99, $149.99, $139.99, $299.99.

How 230 EUR for 42082 in Germany translates into 300 USD in US is so beyond my feeble comprehension.

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How 230 EUR for 42082 in Germany translates into 300 USD in US is so beyond my feeble comprehension.

Same as some SW sets are more in EUR, than in USD.

38 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

300USD == 255EUR at the moment, so EU folk are doing better here.

Lego make different Prices in EU, France and Netherland higher, Germany a bit cheeper for example.

You can see it at the Lego Shop if you Change the Country.