In my opinion these sets look awful except for the crane. I'm really curious about the Chiron.

The Forest Harvester looks like a mound of crap. Colours all over the place, irrelevant details like a drink bottle and toolbox (which is mounted on a System ladder part) as well as those ridiculous accessories (the saw horse and the chainsaw, what a waste of parts) and the rollers on the cutting head, while pneumatic, don't revolve; instead they're used as claws. Oh well, at least the trunks can stand alone.

Edited by Maaboo35
Rechecked the picture

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

yes only pin holes are about 2 studs lower and it looks like hoses are attached at the side and not at the top or bottom, but it could be at the top. Problem is only that I do not clearly see where is valve switch

I attached a clip out. There you'll see, that effermann's sketch is close to perfect. As I fumbled around with the valve I'm close to 100% sure that the hoses are to be connected to the bottom of the valve.

37 minutes ago, zweihander said:

I think it's a shame the hose attachments are at the side. I'd love it if the valve switch is actually an axle hole + 2l axle so that you can remove the valve axle if you use a coaxial axle to control the valve. But that doesn't seem possible in 1l width.

It is an axle hole.

40379229980_07dbf95e81_m.jpg

Edited by jrx
Added picture clip out

5 minutes ago, jrx said:

I attached a clip out. There you'll see, that effermann's sketch is close to perfect. As I fumbled around with the valve I'm close to 100% sure that the hoses are to be connected to the bottom of the valve.

You could be right, that is why I wrote "Problem is only that I do not clearly see where is valve switch" meaning switch handle (which is actually axle 2...)

Are you sure the switch is symmetric? The bottom half looks very different than the top half. Could also be the picture, but I do hope it has 2 pinholes, one on each side, rather than just one.

I am not sure about the overlapping panels on the crane, but the crane is going to be bought when the prices drops a little. There is a lot I like there even with one official picture.

With others it is too soon for me to dismiss them, but also not sure if I would want them.

1 hour ago, jrx said:

It is an axle hole.

40379229980_07dbf95e81_m.jpg

I know that's an axle hole. The part I wished would be a removable axle + axle hole is the handle, the part that is towards the rear of the vehicle.

21 minutes ago, zweihander said:

The part I wished would be a removable axle + axle hole is the handle, the part that is towards the rear of the vehicle.

Ahh :) The handle is very similar to the old one and it's not removable. By the way, in the vehicle it's facing the front not the rear (not good to be seen in the picture).

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Are you sure the switch is symmetric? The bottom half looks very different than the top half. Could also be the picture, but I do hope it has 2 pinholes, one on each side, rather than just one.

Yes I am. It has two pinholes and the valve is symmetric in every dimension.

Edited by jrx

What if it ends up being and electric pneumatic valve that can be controlled with IR, Pole reverser, SBrick, and Buwizz? It would make adding pneumatics to our RC cars significantly easier and cheaper because we don’t have go out and buy a servo motor 

2 minutes ago, jrx said:

Ahh :) The handle is very similar to the old one and it's not removable. By the way, in the vehicle it's facing the front not the rear (not good to be seen in the picture).

You're right, it makes more sense that it's facing the front. So there's clearly no way it could be removable.

Just now, Jack Bloomer said:

What if it ends up being and electric pneumatic valve that can be controlled with IR, Pole reverser, SBrick, and Buwizz? It would make adding pneumatics to our RC cars significantly easier and cheaper because we don’t have go out and buy a servo motor 

The valve we see in 42080 is for sure pure mechanical. But you can add a servo very easily.

7 minutes ago, jrx said:

The valve we see in 42080 is for sure pure mechanical. But you can add a servo very easily.

It seems like you noticed more than we think (like 42082) when you visited toy fair :wink:

As I'm a Pneumatic addict I spent some more minutes with 42080 than with 42082 :wink: And since then I'm waiting desperately for the new valve :grin:

2 minutes ago, jrx said:

As I'm a Pneumatic addict I spent some more minutes with 42080 than with 42082 :wink: And since then I'm waiting desperately for the new valve :grin:

Well, this explains everything...pneumatics evolution is desirable :thumbup:

Question for you, since you saw 42080 from very close - is it possible to motorize it (installing kompressor and battery box like on 42053 or something similar)?

thanks

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

is it possible to motorize it (installing kompressor and battery box like on 42053 or something similar)?

thanks

It's not only possible, it is motorized. 42080 contains a L-motor, battery box and the V2 pump. The battery box and the compressor are located under the hood in the back of the vehicle.

Just now, jrx said:

It's not only possible, it is motorized. 42080 contains a L-motor, battery box and the V2 pump. The battery box and the compressor are located under the hood in the back of the vehicle.

so you gain both playability and better weight distribution. Well done LEGO :thumbup:

Well done jrx :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

so you gain both playability and better weight distribution. Well done LEGO :thumbup:

Jep, I also think it's a fine model from technical perspective.

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Well done jrx :thumbup:

It was a pleasure :blush:

Did anyone notice the new pieces on the Volvo wheel and top arm?

They are yellow pinned panels.

8 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Aventador2004 My friend those are old lol. They're from the Star Wars Constraction Endor Speeder.

No, I heard it early in the 2018 thread. There were rumors and information.

45 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

No, I heard it early in the 2018 thread. There were rumors and information.

You heard that they were new? Because I’m 100% certain they’re the knee and elbow pads of the 75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike but in yellow.

Edited by Bartybum

13 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

You heard that they were new? Because I’m 100% certain they’re the knee and elbow pads of the 75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike but in yellow.

Wait! I thought you were quoting my price in the other topic, I didn't check the title.

Misunderstood you. I posted a price answer in a topic of 42079, I thought you quoted that. I  didn't think you quoted my new part quote.