There are dark green (possibly standard green like 42008?) beams on the base as well. eg 9L for the steering arms, 15L along the top of base where the turntable is plus 5x3 L shaped beams.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Maaboo35 said:

I don't TLG are ever going to divulge the reasons for any of this. I'm keeping quiet from now on and just waiting for pics. I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. :classic:

If they are introducing some sort of new system,. maybe they are worried about the existing version being less attractive.

Hi guys. Any info, when the pictures of sets will be released? I am waiting and waiting, nothing on the internet and it is 2 months left only...

Just now, Jaromir said:

Hi guys. Any info, when the pictures of sets will be released? I am waiting and waiting, nothing on the internet and it is 2 months left only...

No. Nothing. If there were any information, it'd be here.

2 hours ago, Jaromir said:

2 months?

These sets will be released in August, mate.

11 hours ago, degenerate said:

2 months?

These sets will be released in August, mate.

August? I thought that hard terrain crane and the volvo autonomous will be released in may :/

2 hours ago, Jaromir said:

August? I thought that hard terrain crane and the volvo autonomous will be released in may :/

Perhaps there will be some new info about them in May (we do not know for sure), but release time is usually august for 2H sets :wink:

15 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps there will be some new info about them in May (we do not know for sure), but release time is usually august for 2H sets :wink:

Ohh OK, I see. So how many waves of sets Lego is releasing annual? I thought they are releasing Technics every 4 months (January, May, August).

Just now, Jaromir said:

Ohh OK, I see. So how many waves of sets Lego is releasing annual? I thought they are releasing Technics every 4 months (January, May, August).

usually 2 waves, one at the beginning of the year, and second at the beginning of august (or at the end of July)

53 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

usually 2 waves, one at the beginning of the year, and second at the beginning of august (or at the end of July)

Ohhh I see, could have check it before I asked stupid questions :laugh:. Thanks for letting me know and ruining my May Bday gift for myself... :tongue:

Just now, Jaromir said:

Ohhh I see, could have check it before I asked stupid questions :laugh:

No problem, sometime we all forget some thing...

22 hours ago, Jaromir said:

5 months

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

5 months

That is more realistic. Now back to more important details about 2018 sets...

15 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Righty-ho! And here's a possible explanation as to why 42081 is labelled as "Volvo Autonomous" rather than "ZEUX" as seen in the prelim catalogue; apparently Volvo's had some hitches in trademarking the name.

that makes sense :thumbup:, when searching Volvo ZEUX we got nothing...

18 hours ago, Timoonn said:

5 months

End of may are LEGO Fan Media Days in Billund. Sets should be available for media to see and ask about then.

13 minutes ago, Cwetqo said:

End of may are LEGO Fan Media Days in Billund. Sets should be available for media to see and ask about then.

Hopefully they will allow to take a photos this time :)

9 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Hopefully they will allow to take a photos this time :)

that would be nice to gain some new information (or at least to confirm our speculations... 樂)

Question for those who have seen them already at last exposition, people saying that hard terrain crane is huge, so how big is it comparing to the bucket wheel excavator (42055)?

17 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Question for those who have seen them already at last exposition, people saying that hard terrain crane is huge, so how big is it comparing to the bucket wheel excavator (42055)?

You'd probably have to see them side by side to know.

If our suspicions regarding the use of the ring gear pieces are correct, 42082 would be about the same size, but probably a bit longer than 42055.