I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, when will the 4 2018 2H sets be revealed at toy fairs? Because in previous years they have already been revealed at this point, but so far all I see online are prelim image, or did I miss something?

5 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

when will the 4 2018 2H sets be revealed at toy fairs?

They only were at one toy fair this year, and photos were not allowed.

Edited by dimaks13

An interesting article on Promobricks about the new PF 2.0 controller:
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-patent-einreichung-offenbart-details-zur-neuen-fernsteuerung/53202

I used google translate to read the German text so there might be some misunderstandings, but in essence they describe a patent of a remote that has buttons to control forward/backward motion, and there's a center piece in the remote that can be turned by 90 degrees to switch to left/right control. As they say it looks like the remote seen at the toy fair. The idea is really interesting, I wonder how sturdy this solution will be. Another concern with the buttons is the proportional control, how will that be achieved?

PowerFunctions2.0_patimg1.png

8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

They only were at one toy fair this year, and photos were not allowed.

Oh, really? Why were photos not allowed this year?

When and where was the toy fair at? New York?

1 hour ago, JLiu15 said:

Oh, really? Why were photos not allowed this year?

When and where was the toy fair at? New York?

We don't know.

Nuremberg. New York will only have 1H sets.

Edited by dimaks13

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

We don't know.

Nuremberg. New York will only have 1H sets.

Oh well. We'll know how they look by August:)

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, well that might as well be a millennium away. :cry_sad::laugh:

Feels like it haha

On 04/02/2018 at 8:16 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Exactly. 42070 is a great set, it's just too expensive. Luckily the prices this time around are a bit more realistic; i.e. 42081 - around £100, with a licence, nice concept and what looks like a good number of parts.

42070 is an ok set, but its not complete, it has no suspension which I was surprised as the unimog did what 42070 needed very well indeed, and the back flatbed was totally missing

It was well engineered in some places and not quite so in others. I got the set for £119 ?? Certainly wasn't £219 it was released at. I think the unimog, Acros Mercedes Benz and the Volvo frontloader are still some of the better price per part sets to be released in the last 8 years. The bucket wheel was also very good for the number of parts, I've used a spare 42055 for many projects as the part count was excellent.

1 hour ago, iv-tecman said:

42070 is an ok set, but its not complete, it has no suspension which I was surprised as the unimog did what 42070 needed very well indeed, and the back flatbed was totally missing

I think that both those points are valid; however, 42070 has a very pared-down/utilitarian feel, and I think the design choices reflect that. Some tow trucks take it further!

Yeah, the price sucks, not going to disagree. £179.99 is looking fairly reasonable right now...

Anyhoo, back to 2018. Volvo Autonomous, hoorah!

Edited by Maaboo35

On 2/12/2018 at 4:20 AM, kbalage said:

PowerFunctions2.0_patimg1.png

I hope this is better executed than the Mindstorms IR remote - the buttons on that one are very uncomfortable and offer very little feedback.

18 hours ago, ctx1769 said:

Just got my dirty paws on 42077 for £75 or 20% off :sweet:

That is not bad, now wash your paws and start building :laugh:

Hi all, new here.  My daughter and i just finished the RC tracked racer it was brilliant.  What from the current line up would you recommend we move onto next?  She loves power functions stuff so something that is PF out of the box or easily moddable for PF ideally.

2 hours ago, Schnauzer88 said:

Hi all, new here.  My daughter and i just finished the RC tracked racer it was brilliant.  What from the current line up would you recommend we move onto next?  She loves power functions stuff so something that is PF out of the box or easily moddable for PF ideally.

Try the 42068 Airport Rescue Vehicle. It should be fairly easy to build and you can motorize it. There's nothing in the 2018 lineup like that yet.

According to NYTF press release 14 Technic models will be shown, so looks like we'll see all the five summer sets.

Edited by dimaks13

If there was ever a time to pull out the Happy Chicken Dance... it's now. :laugh: Woo Volvo Autonomous!

Seriously though, it would be great if we got a good look at the finished sets. There's usually a lot of differences between prelims and the retail versions, chiefly a lack of stickers and fine details.

11 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

That´s the least interesting 2HY set for me - it´s just the 42030 bucket and a random assortment of beams. Bring on the crane and Bugatti!

I'd say it's more panels than anything else. Plus, it comes with a drone! Does the Bugatti?

We are probably just hours away of seeing high res pictures of all the sets, including the Chiron (press release says 14 sets, 2018 has exactly 14 sets with Chiron). There goes my day spent refreshing the leak/news sites :D